Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dancess

S&D lives on - sort of!

Foxhound

This wee beastie arrived courtesy of Alan Cumming

Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Dunston

An impulse buy, but very happy with this one :)

Previous layout Dunston - Freight only layout. Era 8 (maybe a bit of 9)
Current project Ashfield Junction

Foxhound

Found an old Grafar BR Blue Rat courtesy of Dale Pickles - runs like a dream.

Rob and Becky (artistic director)

crewearpley40

Ditape

The latest addition to my fleet a Class 66 the Biffa Flying binman, another eBay bargain.

Diane Tape

Newportnobby

On a pointer from Mike @woodbury22uk I sourced 4 x Grampus (Grampi??) from Hattons. Dapol have announced a new run but, naturally, the price has risen. With removable loads they are quite versatile.

railsquid

Not exactly at the cutting edge of N gauge kettle design any more, but it was very reasonably priced and in decent condition (number transfers etc. still in the box):

Peco "Jubilee" class (black) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Going by the sticker on the outside of the box, this was imported by a retailer, who - going by adverts in old magazines - was for a long time the official Peco importer in Japan.

Does anyone happen to know when this livery would have been current, and whether it is appropriate for passenger trains?

crewearpley40

The stanier coaches would certainly suit the Jubilee. Probably just after Ww2.

Trainfish

Another HST rake now complete. Just need to replace the couplings with Hunt magnetic and it will be free to be let loose on the layout.  Just 2 blue/grey sets to complete to add to the already completed 8 sets.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

exmouthcraig

Well it's not often I post in here but a spur of the moment purchase saw me squander a couple of quid on 10 EFE Rail Mermaid wagons in BR Black.

These really are cracking wagons, the couplings will be swapped straight away as you could park the obligatory bus inbetween each set of buffers but replacement short couplings are included

Now to hunt out some nice colour pictures and get these weathered up considerably

Newportnobby

Quote from: exmouthcraig on June 18, 2021, 02:58:00 PM

Now to hunt out some nice colour pictures and get these weathered up considerably

@exmouthcraig I look forward to seeing how far you go with yours as I have about 8 Mermaids, 4 Grampus and a couple of Sharks I want dirtying. Can't have clean ballast wagons, can we? :no:

exmouthcraig

:helpneededsign:

Back to back posts in the purchase thread  :-[

Well you can never have too many N class Moguls and I was fortunate enough to win it away from someone with 2 seconds to auction end on Sunday!

This will be renumbered, heavily weathered as they never stood still to be cleaned and join her 11 stable mates ready to slog up and down the layout

chrism

Quote from: exmouthcraig on June 22, 2021, 08:29:06 PM
:helpneededsign:

Back to back posts in the purchase thread  :-[

Well you can never have too many N class Moguls and I was fortunate enough to win it away from someone with 2 seconds to auction end on Sunday!

This will be renumbered, heavily weathered as they never stood still to be cleaned and join her 11 stable mates ready to slog up and down the layout

Only 68 more to go, then  :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations