Good old ALOE VERA, It cured something last night

Started by mark100, April 11, 2015, 12:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark100

Yesterday afternoon, i started feeling a bit down and the inside of my mouth started to swell up, and my tongue looked like it had Smurf land growing on it with loads of mushroom shaped lumps.  :(

I went to our medicine cabinet and took some paracetamol and ibuprofen to relieve the pain and swelling but was not succeeding, so i thought i was going to have to call our G.P to pop round and see us,   :help:

Then! i looked across the living room and saw we had an Aloe Vera plant by the telly. A few years ago a friend had a skin rash and the doctors couldn't cure it then his sister gave him Aloe Vera Gel which actually cured it for good.

So i grabbed the plant and took it into the kitchen, cut a stem off the plant and then a cut a smaller section from that and then skinned it and ate it, it tasted vile, then i looked at the remainder of the stem that i had cut off and it was bleeding some yellow gooey stuff, So i let it bleed for an hour then tried eating another skinned section again and it didn't taste so bad, so i ate the remainder and went to bed,  :sleep:
Well it did something because when i woke up this morning my mouth was feeling better and the swelling and lumps had gone.  :laugh3:
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Malc

Good job it was an Aloe Vera plant and not a Castor Oil plant! :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Tdm

Aloe Vera juice is used as the basis for the best sun cream oils here in Tenerife, or to help cure sunburn. Having ingested some you now know you are unlikely to get sunburn inside your body.  :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tdm on April 11, 2015, 01:37:47 PM
Having ingested some you now know you are unlikely to get sunburn inside your body.  :)

You can now consider yourself able to down a Vindaloo or Phal then, Mark :D

scotsoft

A very handy plant to have in the kitchen as it greatly eases burns or scalds when applied.
Just cut a leaf off and rub on burn or scald  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

mark100

Quote from: newportnobby on April 11, 2015, 03:07:21 PM
Having ingested some you now know you are unlikely to get sunburn inside your body.  :)

I tried a Vindaloo years ago,  :'(    Never again. :help:
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

steve836

Quote from: mark100 on April 11, 2015, 07:41:51 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on April 11, 2015, 03:07:21 PM

I tried a Vindaloo years ago,  :'(    Never again. :help:

Whenever I go to Goa my fiurst meal is always a vindaloo. but I wouldn't touch one in the UK it aint the same.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

BobB

I was instructed by daughter to use aloe on a facial spot. Result was good, one night and the swelling and nasty stuff has almost gone. Really cheap as well, it grows in the garden !

NinOz

Quote from: mark100 on April 11, 2015, 12:03:11 PM
Well it did something because when i woke up this morning my mouth was feeling better and the swelling and lumps had gone.  :laugh3:
Obviously you don't have a latex allergy or may have had a slightly different effect. :)

CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

LAandNQFan

Aloe Vera is the best for burns.  Break off a piece, squeeze the goo over the burn as soon as you can and repeat as necessary.  The effect is cooling as the goo slowly dries, analgesic, antiseptic and it forms a skin over the burn which protects from further infection of the wound. 
Bruises too: when I dropped a 3x2 paving slab on my foot, a medical friend looked at the purple swelling and told me I would lose the nails from the toes.  Aloe Vera to the rescue and a week later she couldn't believe there was no sign of the accident.
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

Mr Sprue

:hmmm: I wonder if it would be any good for curing spit gears! 

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

While I would never dream of munching on the stuff, I have several locomotives I'd gladly smear it all over if it fixed split gears!

But there again, I love vindaloo.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Bealman on April 30, 2015, 08:43:15 AM

While I would never dream of munching on the stuff, I have several locomotives I'd gladly smear it all over if it fixed split gears!

Could be worth trying it out as a track cleaner also!  :)

Sprintex

Quote from: Mr Sprue on April 30, 2015, 09:34:07 AM
Quote from: Bealman on April 30, 2015, 08:43:15 AM

Could be worth trying it out as a track cleaner also!  :)

Vindaloo?

:no: Bits of chicken stuck in the point blades, not good :D

Paul

Bealman

Beef in my case even though me doc says stay off the red meat  :uneasy:

However, to return to the OP, I still wouldn't  munch on that AV stuff.... be like chewin' on a bit of soap?   :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations