Bachmann (inc EFE and Graham Farish) Summer 2023 announcements

Started by Skyline2uk, May 03, 2023, 12:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyn

Quote from: Hailstone on June 25, 2023, 11:14:18 AM
The problem here is that the anchor link which is usually fixed to the crosshead in real life and the union link which connects the anchor link to the combination lever were from poole days made as a one piece stamping, which saved yet another small rivet and thus an extra operation in the construction of the valve gear of all locos firtted with walschaerts valve gear, which persisted until the release of the V2.
All locos designed since with Walschaerts valve gear more faithfully replicate the full size article, which interestingly enough, Minitrix had been doing back in the days of the british outline locos

Regards,

Alex

Yes, I've just re-checked photos of the real thing, and the model valve gear is nowhere near the prototype; as you say, the link should be attached to the crosshead and not as modelled on the V2.

Martyn

ntpntpntp

Every time this thread goes past on my screen the "pin" makes it look as though someone's crossed out part of the date as a wry comment about delivery dates  :D

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

gc4946

The Standard 5s and Ivatt 2s have the current mechanical spec of loco-drive coreless motor and now Next18 DCC sockets.
I'm sure Black 5/Jubilee/Royal Scot will reappear, possibly with upgraded body detailing, as loco-drive with Next18 DCC provision.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

leachsprite4

With 4f also upgraded, Farish could do the jubilee with the Fowler tender. Also for a new crab they have the Fowler tender already. So lots for LMS fans.

I'd like to a southern 4-6-0, but note currently none in the bachmann range, that doesn't mean it won't happen just more unlikely.

Kris

I would rather see a new model released than a rehash of an old one.

Carmont

The  Sealions appear to have arrived. I have been charged for my batch from Kernow; dispatch imminent.

Dorsetmike

Quote from: leachsprite4 on June 25, 2023, 04:59:25 PM
I'd like to a southern 4-6-0, but note currently none in the bachmann range, that doesn't mean it won't happen just more unlikely.
I've been singing this song for years; I've managed to hack and kit bash the Urie and Maunsell classes but chickened out of the Drummond monsters, anyway only his T14 would be relevant for my period mid to late 1930s (but pre Bulleid)
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

CaleyDave

Quote from: Carmont on July 07, 2023, 03:00:05 PM
The  Sealions appear to have arrived. I have been charged for my batch from Kernow; dispatch imminent.

Yes, I can confirm they are here,
I Walked out of my local model shop (Harburn Hobbies in Edinburgh) this afternoon with a Civil Engineers liveried one in hand that hadn't long been put on the shelve before I got there.

eddief83

Heads up folks, mark 1's are now arriving. One shop has put some for sale on a popular auction site

whoppit

Well wishlist remains a wishlist

RF red stripe class 47 (no problem with 37s they churn out in that scheme)
GW 150 green class 47 (some one must want a Brunel/Churchward/Gooch/Great Western?)
RF red stripe class 31 (no doubt they will release another 37 in that scheme..)
Dutch class 31 (guess what class there is several in dutch..)
class 25/3 (reckon thats gonna be a real long wait..)

Luckily Dapol are ticking a few boxes with their announcements...  :D

Foxhound

Quote from: whoppit on August 10, 2023, 09:25:28 PMWell wishlist remains a wishlist

RF red stripe class 47 (no problem with 37s they churn out in that scheme)
GW 150 green class 47 (some one must want a Brunel/Churchward/Gooch/Great Western?)
RF red stripe class 31 (no doubt they will release another 37 in that scheme..)
Dutch class 31 (guess what class there is several in dutch..)
class 25/3 (reckon thats gonna be a real long wait..)

Luckily Dapol are ticking a few boxes with their announcements...  :D

Have to say I would like to see IKB in GWR150. RF Red Stripe Brush 2 would also be very welcome. Can't see a 25/3 ever happening in RTR, more is the pity.
And yes, you can buy any livery you want as long as it's on a PNV... ;)

(PNV - Pointy Nosed Vermin)
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Foxhound

TMC have tapped me up for payment for my pre-ordered Tiger PBA. Photos when it arrives!

Now to persuade EFE to turn the shrinkray on their PRA....

SD35

Quote from: Foxhound on August 31, 2023, 12:06:52 PMTMC have tapped me up for payment for my pre-ordered Tiger PBA. Photos when it arrives!

Now to persuade EFE to turn the shrinkray on their PRA....

A handful of PRAs would be very welcome.  :thumbsup:

Foxhound

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations