what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonglum

My old mate Claire Hamill helped Wishbone Ash out on two albums Just Testing (Living Proof) and Number the Brave and toured with them in 1981.

Cheers,

Tim

Dorsetmike

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Grassyfield

Thanks mate i never knew about the covers or herd this cover. Appreciate it.

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Moonglum

Both enjoyable versions of "Goin' Down Slow". The Porcupine Thief is good as well (I saw GH with King Crimson a while ago - a very fine drummer).

Thanks for posting @AndrewPH , @Grassyfield @Newportnobby and @Trainfish .

RIP Steve Harley.

Cheers,

Tim

Bealman

Steve Harley died? Bugger. I was a great fan back in the early seventies. Always reminds me of the time I came to Australia - Cockney Rebel were very popular at the time.

RIP Steve Harley.

Thanks for posting the vid, John.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Steve Harley (and Cockney Rebel) always put a smile on my face with their humorous singles such as 'Judy Teen', 'Mr.Soft' (I have that on 45) and the above mentioned 'Come up and see me'
He'll be missed :(

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Moonglum

That's an interesting choice @Malc . A long time ago, I had a sampler album from the Deram record label called Wowie Zowie, Savoy Brown was included as were:

Side 1
1. Touch: Down At Circe's Place (4:47)
2. John Mayall: Where Did I Belong (3:08)
3. Savoy Brown: Train To Nowhere (4:05)
4. Johnny Almond: Voodoo Forest (3:32)
5. East Of Eden: Communication (3:23)

Side 2
1. Genesis: In The Beginning (4:08)
2. The Moody Blues: Nights In White Satin (4:19)
3. William R. Strickland: William R. Strickland Is Only The Name (4:37)
4, John Cameron Quartet: Go Away, Come Back Another Day (4:59)
5. Keef Hartley Band: Not Foolish, Not Wise (3:50)

An interesting disc but not quite as good as the Island samplers. Track 4 Side 1 features the late Alan White (Yes) on drums. John Cameron became part of CCS and has had an interesting career, Genesis sounded nothing like they would, and I rather liked Touch's "Down at Circe's Place", so here it is...

https://youtu.be/Zu0VOvTG70k?si=nMkjAcCggTbdlL3N

Cheers,

Tim

Bealman

Just harking back to Steve Harley for a minute, when did he pass away? Heard nothing here.

Bealman

I'd like to send that Steve Harley clip to my daughters, but I'm useless with videos. I click on 'share' but it takes me to Facebook or Tik Tok or crap like that. Any  easy way of doing it, like Whatsapp or something?

crewearpley40

George @Bealman

Re Steve harley

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Harley

Sadly passed 17 March

Can you not see what piece he plays that you like  is on youtube and recommend your daughters check it out ?

Just a thought

Bealman

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations