detailing without going mental

Started by bluedepot, December 03, 2011, 10:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

i bought some bda wagons

how do you attach all the stansions and the coupling hook, air pipes etc etc without a) losing them or b) going mental????

cheers

tim

Chris

I use bent nose pliers, a pin file to open any holes too small, and lots of patience! Good lighting is also essential for this task.

Greybeema

I bought myself an Anglepoise Magnifier with inbuilt light.  I live in Dublin and got it from RS Supplies here but they should be more readily available in the UK.  One of the best tools I every got.  Saves a lot of eye strain...  Also if you have a contrasting colour of cloth on the bench - it stops the inevitable bounce and the subsequent crawling around on the floor muttering dark oaths...

:Class414:
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

bluedepot

think i need to invest in some tools

i've bought a new tweezer set

i think i need to get a light and magnifier, as you suggest...

it really is maddening trying to detail n gauge....

why oh why do people want to go smaller and have tt scale...

tim

scotsoft

I have an Anglepoise Magnifier with inbuilt light as well which is useful for many jobs.
I also have one of those LED lights that fit round your head which can be adjusted so the light is just where you need it

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on December 04, 2011, 08:41:47 PM
I also have one of those LED lights that fit round your head which can be adjusted so the light is just where you need it

You told me that was your halo! :angel: :smiley-laughing:

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on December 04, 2011, 09:09:05 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on December 04, 2011, 08:41:47 PM

You told me that was your halo! :angel: :smiley-laughing:

Oh that slipped years ago  :smiley-laughing:

bluedepot

i now have super glue, a lamp, a magnifine glass, and a set of tweezers arriving soon....

i just need good eye sight and some patience...

tim

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations