i`d really like it if they did.......in n gauge

Started by matt-b, January 04, 2011, 05:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Royal George would be nicer than Rocket - Rocket is a bit newfangled.

I don't see how you'd motorise any of those locos in N however. There's almost no room for anything as they really are tiny compared with even vaguely later locomotives. They also have no suspension and frames in the conventional sense so it would be really hard to hide the gearing alas.

I wish someone would do a decent little industrial or dock tank. I've given up hoping however and ordered a tiny Japanese 4 wheel steam loco chassis to see if I can 3D print a fairly solid brass body for it.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Greybeema

I would like a Class 465 Networker (well 3 actually) but I understand there is a kit in the pipeline which will do me...

To be honest I don't care too much about the livery, at least they can be repainted in SouthEastern..
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

bridgiesimon

Surprised no mention of City of Truro, I would love to have one!! Would go for a Rocket if it appeared, even a 3D printed static one.

best wishes
Simon

EtchedPixels

Quote from: bridgiesimon on October 24, 2014, 06:10:33 PM
Surprised no mention of City of Truro, I would love to have one!! Would go for a Rocket if it appeared, even a 3D printed static one.

best wishes
Simon

Good point - or Lord of the Isles (although I may give up and make one once I've finished the Dean coach rake)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

petercharlesfagg

Those big Irish locomotives that are on the market as "OO" gauge.

I have no idea what they are or what class, they are just different!

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

EtchedPixels

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on October 24, 2014, 06:52:09 PM
Those big Irish locomotives that are on the market as "OO" gauge.

I have no idea what they are or what class, they are just different!

Peter.

Valve Design do some N gauge Irish stuff (and a very nice looking UK outline Clay Tiger).

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/valvedesign?sort=pricelh&s=24#more-products

mickjsg

Quote from: class37025 on October 24, 2014, 05:27:49 PM

"I gave emailed Dapol to ask what it'll be, but it's been about 2 weeks now with no reply"

let's be honest, with their record on colour schemes they probably don't know themselves  >:(

still, common courtesy would at least acknowledge your e-mail, but ....

Doesn't seem that courtesy is all that common at times. :/

EtchedPixels

Quote from: mickjsg on October 24, 2014, 07:19:14 PM

It's email - it may have gone in their spam filter, their ISPs spam filter, the reponse may have been filtered, blocked lost.

Email is incredibly unreliable these days so before you assume the worst assume it simply didn't arrive.

GroupC

Class 124 Trans-Pennine DMU's in blue and grey.

It's not strictly answering the question but I'd REALLY like it if GF actually got round to releasing what they say they're going to do. Then again perhaps it is answering the question: I'd like it if they did what they said they were going to do in N Gauge".

ChrisWV10

Streamlined coronation for me please... And while we're at it, how about Bachann put the G2A (and Derby lightweights) under the shrink ray

C.  :wave:

mickjsg

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 24, 2014, 07:25:41 PM
Quote from: mickjsg on October 24, 2014, 07:19:14 PM

It's email - it may have gone in their spam filter, their ISPs spam filter, the reponse may have been filtered, blocked lost.

Email is incredibly unreliable these days so before you assume the worst assume it simply didn't arrive.
It was just a general comment, not specifically targeting Dapol.

Pengi

For my current layout, top of the list is a N gauge tennis court with N gauge fencing that would stop an N scale tennis ball going through - plus a proper gate in the fencing

If I had more space, I'd like some N gauge racehorses (with jockeys) plus a grandstand so I can have a cameo of part of a racecourse. Probably Sandown Park, because of it's proximity to the railway line.

If I had unlimited space, then a model of a certain football ground, footballers in my team's colours and also that of our local rivals. Plus a 444 and 450 SWT Desiros to go on the nearby tracks as they are parked up from the nearby depot.

I think you all know by now that I'd also like a Pendolino, Javelin, Electrostar etc
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Parky

The ability to buy something not on pre-order !   :censored:

With my limited commercial knowledge I assume you can only make money if you actually sell things. I must congratulate the management team for their decision to save money by offshoring all their production. Now we seem to have a never ending list of awaited locos that each time you look the expected date has moved further out.

At a time like this I do wonder whether my decision to go N gauge was wise given the range filling the shelves for OO   :goggleeyes:

NeMo

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 24, 2014, 05:50:00 PM
I don't see how you'd motorise any of those locos in N however. There's almost no room for anything as they really are tiny compared with even vaguely later locomotives. They also have no suspension and frames in the conventional sense so it would be really hard to hide the gearing alas.
Has been done though... by cheating. Minitrix at least have made Der Adler in N-scale, placing the motor in the first carriage of the train behind the loco. Works quite well.

No particular reason a motorised GWR carriage (for example) couldn't be created, in front of which you could pop your City, Bulldog or Atbara class loco, which otherwise might defy traditional (i.e., inexpensive) N-scale motors.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

kirky

A 185, and then the northern part of the English section of the ECML is essentially complete.

Cheers
Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations