SR Schools class 4-4-0?

Started by ToothFairy, August 26, 2011, 05:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToothFairy

Curious: without the Schools class, SR would have had all sorts of problems, and Hornby have several in the 00 line-up, but I can't find any record of a version in :NGAUGE: .

Anyone know anything I don't?  ???

- Michael

Claude Dreyfus

I'm afraid there is nothing available ready to run (however with a close following of Hornby models in the Dapol range, who knows for the future?). Worsley Works do produce a 'scratch aid' for the Schools if you are interested.

A useful site for all things southern is this one..plenty of pictures and details of slightly more obscure Southern locos and stock...

http://www.semgonline.com/home.html

Available N gauge models are here...

http://www.semgonline.com/model/Nsteamkits.html

ToothFairy

Ah - those scratch aids do look to be worth closer inspection. Thanks!

- Michael

EtchedPixels

Its come top of several polls for locos wanted so I'd expect a schools to appear. In a joined up world it would appear along with Maunsell coaches !

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

ToothFairy

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 26, 2011, 06:14:07 PM
Its come top of several polls for locos wanted so I'd expect a schools to appear. In a joined up world it would appear along with Maunsell coaches !

Joined up world? Come off it - too many politicians around for that to happen!  ::)

- Michael

Southernboy

I believe sales of 'Southern' and EMUs in 00 are doing reasonably well at the moment, and Southern modelling in general does seem to be enjoying a rise in popularity - so I wouldn't be surprised to see a Schools or Nelson available at some point in the next couple of years alongside some Maunsell stock.

Fingers crossed  :)

BernardTPM

An Arthur would be good - long-lived and plenty of variants and you could probably convert it to an S15 too.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: BernardTPM on August 30, 2011, 09:30:30 AM
An Arthur would be good - long-lived and plenty of variants and you could probably convert it to an S15 too.

There are kits at least for S15/N15 although the wheel size is a bit of a problem with the suggested chassis. I'm not aware of even a white metal kit for a schools
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations