The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

According to Amazon, I have a parcel arriving by 8pm tonight.
When you click on see all updates..
It hasn't been put out for delivery...

Trainfish

Quote from: Browning 9mm on October 04, 2023, 01:26:11 PMwhy does anyone use yokel ?

waiting for an item from fleabay for my daughter, seller apparently ships by this shower of clowns.

according to them it is awaiting customs clearance

but coming from Birmingham, uk, to Burgess Hill ,uk, since when was there a customs requirement for this.

load of  :censored: lieing  :censored:  trying to cover up their total  :censored:  service.

It may say on eBay that they ship from Brum but that's often not the case. Manchester and Liverpoo are also often stated but it often comes from China.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Browning 9mm

parcel finally arrived yesterday, but funnily, no mention on the final tracking of any customs clearance etc.

Oct 9, 2023
3:29pm
Your parcel has been delivered to a safe place
GATWICK SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL)
Oct 9, 2023
3:27pm
Your parcel is with one of our drivers for delivery
Oct 9, 2023
3:26pm
Your parcel is being loaded. Check back for updates shortly.
Oct 8, 2023
11:12pm
Your parcel has arrived at your local depot
Oct 8, 2023
10:33am
Your parcel is at our national hub
HATFIELD TERMINAL
Sep 30, 2023
7:34pm
Your parcel is currently on its way to Yodel
CUSTOMER LOCATION
Sep 29, 2023
11:00pm
We're expecting your parcel from your sender. We will provide updates here once we receive it.
HAYES SERVICE CENTRE
Sep 29, 2023
5:38pm
Tracking number provided

by the way, the safe place was the front door step, in full view from the road.

thinking I'll refuse to buy from anyone who uses yokel as their choice of delivery.

dannyboy

Quote from: Browning 9mm on October 10, 2023, 10:55:51 AMthinking I'll refuse to buy from anyone who uses yokel as their choice of delivery.

I have already told one company that if they insist on sending my items via DPD (Ireland), I will not be ordering from them again. Last Thursday, I got the notification that a parcel would be delivered. The courier rang me one hour after the appointed delivery time asking for my Eircode, (postcode). It did not arrive and was shown on the website as "unable to access front door/driveway of address". I got another notification on Friday - the parcel did not arrive, again shown as "unable to access" etc. On Saturday, no notification, but I got a phone call from a courier asking for the Eircode, (again). I gave it and asked the courier to leave the parcel in the coal bunker as I was not at home. The parcel arrived safe and sound,  :claphappy: , - the Eircode was printed on the address label:doh: . I think it should be part of the training for couriers that they pay a visit to 'Specsavers'. Whenever I am told that DPD will be delivering a parcel, I can bet a pound to a penny that it will not arrive on the scheduled day. I realise that I live a bit off the beaten track, but when I check the DPD tracking website, there are a few 'excuses' for non-delivery, but none of them say "driver could not be ars bothered to go out of his way!  And don't get me started on the number of emails I have sent to them about their atrocious service - even the 'boss' failed to acknowledge me when I sent one complaint direct to him. :veryangry:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

dannyboy

I am off on a rant again!
On 16th August, Louisa was due to fly out from Dublin with Emerald Airlines, who fly the 'local' routes for Aer Lingus, for a few days in England. Five minutes before the flight, it was announced that the flight was cancelled. The alternatives were not acceptable. A few days later, I contacted Aer Lingus basically asking for the ticket costs to be refunded, plus compensation as per EU Regulations. On 12th September, after querying what was happening, Aer Lingus stated that they had passed the information to Emerald Airlines. Emerald Airlines were contacted but they have not had the courtesy to acknowledge me. To cut a long story short, I have contacted Aer Lingus today stating that if I do not get firm proposals for the payment of the monies due, by the weekend, I will be submitting a claim to the Courts Service in Ireland on Monday. Why do companies prat about so much, when the course of action they have to follow is legally mandated?  :veryangry:
David.

dannyboy

It is going from bad to worse!!! I have just received an email and text from DPD saying they will deliver a parcel this afternoon  :smackedface: - wonder which day I will actually get it?
David.

Newportnobby

Sounds like this week is a bit of a 'write off' for you :(

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 11, 2023, 12:15:57 PMSounds like this week is a bit of a 'write off' for you :(
Yup. I even sent an email to the Consumer Protection people 9 days ago about the matter. I received an automated reply virtually straight away stating that they "would get back to me shortly". I sent another email this morning asking what "get back to me shortly" actually meant. I'd go sit in the garden and watch the pond fish, but it's raining!  :(
David.

dannyboy

Flippin' 'eck - wonders will never cease. Since my previous post, the Consumer people have got back to me, basically confirming what I already new, but at least they did get back to me and DPD have just delivered my parcel - earlier than stated!  ;D . And it's stopped raining. All this has happened in the last 40 minutes!
So that's me done with the 'Angry' thread ....... for now.  ;)
David.

stevewalker

I am in a very angry mood. We paid nearly £3000 for flights, accommodation and lost pay, for myself, my wife and our three sons to visit Poland, with a trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau being the main item on the itinery.

They have a lift and ramps for the disabled, but despite them telling you "Due to the character of historical paving of roads and sidewalks within former Auschwitz I camp, persons with movement disabilities need someone else's assistance in the majority of cases", they don't tell you that the road surfaces are in such a bad state that it is pretty well impossible to push a wheelchair along them at all, with large, loose stones jamming the wheels and almost throwing the disabled person out (we only managed by myself or my eldest son supporting my wife to walk short stretches, while the other got the empty wheelchair there for her to sit again).

They could easily have placed wooden walkways along the edge of the roadways, without any permanent change to the site. They are not averse to changing things where they consider it necessary anyway - wooden huts have been rendered with concrete to preserve them and they have hacked into plastered walls to fit cables, modern sockets and security sensors.

They also failed to tell their guides their own rules - when we got to the first barracks (all the exhibits are in the various barracks), we helped her up the steps and brought the wheelchair to her, only for the guide to inform us that wheelchairs were not permitted inside and we had to get her out again. She spent the whole tour sitting outside in the (very heavy) rain and seeing nothing. I could not leave her alone, as her hands are not capable of moving the chair at all on such a surface and so I too was stuck in the rain and saw nothing.

The tour guide could not even be bothered to let us know which door of each building the group would be coming out of.

At the end of the tour of Auschwitz I, the group went into a gas chamber and when we eventually worked out that they were going to leave by the other end, we had to rush round there (no easy task with the appalling road surface). We waited, only to eventually find that the group had already left and gone to the exit without us - we had to find the disabled ramp by ourselves.

Once out, we were within 50 metres of our hire-car, so I took my wife there and folded the wheelchair into the boot (total time 2 minutes) - but due to the previous lost time waiting at the gas chamber, I got within 20 metres of the bus, only to see the tour bus drive off to Birkenau without me - the guide could hardly have missed that the only disabled person in the group and their "carer" weren't there!

While we sat in the car, my wife went online and found Auschwitz's own web page, where she read "The access to historical buildings hosting the exhibitions is limited due to the fact that within the blocks, their ground floor level is ca. 70cm above the level of the adjacent area, while historical external stairs limit the possibility to install permanent elements (ramps, lifts) facilitating the access for people with movement disabilities. Persons moving on wheelchairs need someone else's assistance in order to reach the ground floor. Upper levels of the blocks are not accessible for persons moving on wheelchairs." So their own website clearly says that wheelchairs *ARE* allowed in all the buildings!

Basically their guide's failure to follow their own rules meant that the main purpose of our trip was lost entirely to us ... and myself and my wife were left with very bad colds too.

Newportnobby

That's just shocking, and the photo of your poor lady wife just sat in the rain is just heartbreaking

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Not so much angry as spitting  :censored:  feathers

For some years now I've been using a Patient Access system whereby I can book appointments and order repeat prescriptions online. You have to log on at 07.30 and are given the days appointments available to book and Robert's your mother's brother.

So – 07.30 on the dot I log on and there's no list. I stay logged on and still no list. At 07.59 I thought I'd chance my arm and phone, to be told the surgery was closed and opened at 08.00. As soon as the time hit 08.00 I redialled and got some disembodied voice telling me various options, one of which was to stay on the line to be connected so I did. I was promptly informed I was 11th in the queue to speak to the reception. How the  :censored: does that happen?

I guess the alternative is to go to A & E and wait for 6 hours in the company of people with axes in their heads, limbs dropping off or just plain coughing their innards up all over the place.

We all know the NHS is busted but at least when you do get to see someone they are damned good.

Timbo66

I`ve had this issue with my surgery. Twice I`ve rung 111, who`ve got onto the surgery, who then called me back within a couple of hours. May work in your area.

Newportnobby

I guess like many getting their car insurance renewal they've found a huge hike in the premium.
Mine is 52% :o
I believe insurers are blaming the increased costs of repairs etc., especially electric cars as the technology is just not understood by many mechanics at present

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations