Farish Spring 2024 Announcements

Started by Carmont, February 07, 2024, 10:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

I caught a glimpse of a pair of black / silver locos running behind the Bachmann chap during the intro to the video and thought.....are those what I think they are?!

They left it right until the end to confirm, so I did think I was going mad.

Nothing of interest for me (apart possibly for the Mk1s in the "charter" livery, may look into formations for rail tours for those).

Surprised at the MK3s, given their age and relative simplicity compared to the Dapol models, seems a bit odd. Especially given the price is essentially the same as Dapol.

Would seem Bachmann are suddenly keen to fight for their market share (going up against Accurascale in 00 once again with the 31s). A long time ago I wrote a post on here talking about Bachfar giving up market to Dapol (HSTs, 50s, 33s, Westerns....), time a changing?

Skyline2uk

Roy L S

It didn't take me that long to decide and initially 10001 in BR Green with small yellow panel (sound fitted) will be coming my way, I may add 10000 in the earlier BR Green in due course but that would be a non-sound model (Wifey is pretty tolerant but I don't like to take the proverbial...).

Roy

Hailstone

Despite @emjaybee regularly prodding/begging me to build the twins,  :D I am glad that I didn't (I have had quite enough of building locos only for them to become RTR) however I am glad for him like all of us he deserves a win once in a while.
the only item of interest for me is the Dance hall brake van, I will have a BR grey one. I only hope that when Bachman make their next release announcements that a new tool steam loco is at the top of the list and not just another sound fit retread.

Regards,

Alex

icairns

Anyone interested in the history of the LMS twins may want to get hold of a copy of the book below. 

I am definitely interested in getting one the twins in black but with the early emblem.  I believe that both locos ran this way from Spring 1951 to the end of Summer 1956 when they were painted Brunswick green.  So, I suppose I could either add the BR emblem using a decal to a plain black one, or wait for GF to produce the version that I want.  But how long might this be? 

I am also interested in the Brush Type 4 D1733 in XP64 Blue (available through the Bachmann Collector's Club), because like the twins, this is an iconic loco with the distinctive BR double arrow red panel. 

However, neither of them would have been seen in the North-East of England, my layout location.  I would also need to join the Collector's Club. 

Decisions, decisions....

Ian

Chris Morris

The night riviera sleepers are always going to have a relatively small market. In view of this I wouldn't expect Dapol to invest in the versions of Mk3 required. I think the Farish night riviera coaches will do the job well enough. You should only run them in the dark anyway.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

leachsprite4

I'm pleased that the twins are seen as commercially viable in N, disappointed a Southern 4-6-0 isn't on the list.

Graham

Dalek

Fantastic news :claphappy:  :laugh3:  :heart2: , it took a while but finally years of polling the most wanted diesel models somebody finally decided to make them. Now i have a dilemma.. my yet to be built layout is going to be end of steam/start of diesel, more diesels though. What livery do i got for... black and silver is iconic and really the draw for these locos, but green is probably more suitable for what i intend to model. 1st world problems  ::) I suspect there are going to be a few shop specific livery variants of this, dare i say perhaps even a pair of twins in a nice box with a book or something like the 2nd pullman set?

Newportnobby

:doh: I have no willpower whatsoever. I've just ordered the black 10000 372-910 purely on the basis it was so iconic and latterly gave it's life to repair 10001 which I have already ordered in green with SYP. Trouble is, with it being LMS badged I have nothing for it to pull.
Somehow a BR Grey Dance Hall brake van found its way onto the same order :-[

kesdrive

Ordered 10001 in green with SYP.

Well done Farish.  :bounce:

Steven B

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 08, 2024, 11:27:52 AMTrouble is, with it being LMS badged I have nothing for it to pull.

The LMS lettering wasn't removed until 1951. It'd be quite at home on a rake of LMS maroon or BR crimson & cream coaches:
https://flic.kr/p/dAgPxr

Or, as the steam heating wasn't that great on them, you could always stick it at the front of a good train:
https://flic.kr/p/duM6s6

Steven B

Newportnobby

Quote from: Steven B on February 08, 2024, 03:30:04 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on February 08, 2024, 11:27:52 AMTrouble is, with it being LMS badged I have nothing for it to pull.

The LMS lettering wasn't removed until 1951. It'd be quite at home on a rake of LMS maroon or BR crimson & cream coaches:
https://flic.kr/p/dAgPxr

Thanks for that. I knew it would be a close run thing as I have MK1s (built 1951 onwards) but rather than 'crimson & cream' I have what I tend to call (and prefer) 'blood & custard' which compares with crimson & cream like so....... (b & c to left)

and compares with Farish Thompsons like so........... (MK1 to left)

gc4946

Farish are on a winner with the LMS/BR 10000/10001 diesels.
I've preordered a "Dance Hall" brake van in BR grey.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

willike1958

Well, from my perspective another underwhelming announcement. Looking for the positives, however, it leaves plenty of room for the smaller players in the N scale market to strut their stuff. Consequently, I'm very much looking forward to contributing to the cash flow of Revolution and Rapido over the next 12 months.

trkilliman

For me 10001 in black and silver would fit in with my 1950 based layout. As yet I am undecided whether to place an order. I'm sure they will sell well, possibly prompting further releases?

I have a Sonic large Prairie on order from Rails. Sonic appear to be a manufacturer who will continue to release steam locos. I don't feel the same about Bachmann. I will therefore hold back for now, awaiting what will be the next loco from Sonic. I want to continue to support him. A County or a King would sell well I am sure.   

Ensign Elliott

Quote from: trkilliman on February 09, 2024, 09:31:23 AMFor me 10001 in black and silver would fit in with my 1950 based layout. As yet I am undecided whether to place an order. I'm sure they will sell well, possibly prompting further releases?

I have a Sonic large Prairie on order from Rails. Sonic appear to be a manufacturer who will continue to release steam locos. I don't feel the same about Bachmann. I will therefore hold back for now, awaiting what will be the next loco from Sonic. I want to continue to support him. A County or a King would sell well I am sure.   

A County and King are top of my "wants" list. The King leaves a massive gap - we have Duchess, Merchant Navy and A1, A3, A4 etc but no top link WR loco (I know we have the Castle but its not quite a King is it). I'd also like to see the 94xx updated, maybe something for Sonic as they like small WR locos.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations