The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I feel your pain (although, it has to be said, this is not limited to just old men).
Wait till you're at a model railway show and get rammed by someone on a mobility scooter! :ouch:

daffy

Just to address the balance a little, why do women think it is acceptable to ram a pushchair into the heel of the person in front of them and then walk on as if nothing has happened?

It's not about gender or age or intelligence or what-you-will, it's about some folks just being.........  well, you insert here whatever word you like to describe these people who make life such 'fun' for the rest of us.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Snowwolflair

:)
Quote from: escafeld on April 13, 2017, 12:09:17 PM
Quote from: Snowwolflair on April 13, 2017, 12:01:08 PM
Quote from: escafeld on April 13, 2017, 11:55:52 AM
Old men and supermarket trolleys

Why do old men think it is acceptable to ram a trolley into the heel of the person in front of them and walk on as if nothing has happened? This is the second time recently this has happened to me (different old man). I couldn't go any faster otherwise I would have rammed my trolley into the person in front of me.

Very painful experience at the supermarket and that was before I got to the checkout.

When they were younger this is the sort that would have pinched your bottom.  Some people don't change.

And would have received a hefty slap round the face for doing it.

daffy

My wife has just shouted 'Hear! Hear!' from her customary position at the kitchen sink. She is multi-tasking by ironing with her right foot at the same time.

Maybe when she gets the time she'll make my lunch and get me another cup of tea.
:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Mito

Quote from: escafeld on April 13, 2017, 01:12:17 PM
Never been unfortunate enough to be hit by a pushchair, but the most likely explanation is because they are is a rush as you probably know a woman's work is never done. :)

If my wife is anything to go by, women create work and never know when to stop. :P
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

dannyboy

Quote from: Mito on April 13, 2017, 09:42:52 PM

If my wife is anything to go by, women create work and never know when to stop. :P

My wife likes to create work. E.g. "Shall we decorate the kitchen?" What she does not realise is that you can not just stick a bit of paint on the walls - everything needs washing, woodwork needs sanding, handles need taking off drawers etc etc .........  :(

(Guess what I started to do the other day)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

And if things run to form, a few days after the 'simple' kitchen makeover begins, the cry goes up "Where did all this dust come from? I only hoovered the other day!"

She ignores me though. I just have to hoover and dust again.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Nick

Quote from: dannyboy on April 13, 2017, 09:49:02 PM

My wife likes to create work. E.g. "Shall we decorate the kitchen?" What she does not realise is that you can not just stick a bit of paint on the walls - everything needs washing, woodwork needs sanding, handles need taking off drawers etc etc .........  :(

(Guess what I started to do the other day)
You've got it all wrong. The correct response to "Shall we decorate?" is : "Yes, that's fine, dear. I'll pick up the paint you'll need on my way back from the model railway shop tomorrow morning"... :)

Ducks....

Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

Jimbo

When my Missus mentions decorating the kitchen it usually translates as a complete re-fit!
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Jimbo

Quote from: escafeld on April 14, 2017, 09:36:31 AM
Quote from: Jimbo on April 14, 2017, 08:13:22 AM
When my Missus mentions decorating the kitchen it usually translates as a complete re-fit!

And your missus is quite right. Why would you want to paint the walls and keep the old cupboards. It's not as if fitting a new kitchen is difficult is it?

Undo a few screws to take the existing cabinets out.
Paint/tile the walls while the kitchen is empty.
Assemble the new cabinets if you've bought the cheap versions (again just a few screws)
A few screws to fit new cabinets.
Fit new worktop (HSS will hire you the correct tools)
Fit new floor covering
Job Done

Simples!

Having said that I did enjoy fitting 3 kitchens in our old house! In the 11 years we were there......it had it's headaches but learnt an awful lot! (I think I do actually enjoy a challenge if the truth be known!)
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jimbo on April 14, 2017, 09:51:00 AM

Having said that I did enjoy fitting 3 kitchens in our old house!

Surely not even a woman would want 3 kitchens? :o
(but, heck, what would I know)

austinbob

SWMBO would need three husbands if we had three kitchens to do all the cooking etc.
:D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Quote from: escafeld on April 14, 2017, 10:02:02 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on April 14, 2017, 09:54:49 AM

It takes long enough just having one cleaning up the mess that's made (left by the husband). At least my son was taught what a dishcloth was for and how you use it.

But it was the woman who caused the husband to make the mess in the commanded refurbishment of the kitchen. It's only fair she should clear up the mess ;)

Trainfish

Quote from: newportnobby on April 14, 2017, 09:54:49 AM

And there still wouldn't be enough cupboard space. Not for my wife that is anyway.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations