what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinahand

Well, you will note that my location has now changed from China to Daventry in the UK and the good news is that all my gear has finally arrived from China so I'm about to start building my new Market Havering layout.

The support framing is all done but, due to my disability, I will not be able to build the baseboards myself this time so I am now investigating having them made for me by MRS Modular Baseboard Systems.

More news to follow soon I hope.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Newportnobby

Hi Trevor,

Glad everything has come together in Daventry and I hope you are quickly settled in :thumbsup:

Fratton

Quote from: Chinahand on September 28, 2012, 05:39:25 PM
Well, you will note that my location has now changed from China to Daventry in the UK and the good news is that all my gear has finally arrived from China so I'm about to start building my new Market Havering layout.

The support framing is all done but, due to my disability, I will not be able to build the baseboards myself this time so I am now investigating having them made for me by MRS Modular Baseboard Systems.

More news to follow soon I hope.

My baseboards are by them they are lightweight and sturdy and great for wiring access,,,,,,
Charlie.

davidjhope

Trying to solder micro Led's.
:'(
Getting very cheesed off.
>:(
I've now opened a bottle to see if that helps.
:goggleeyes:

Greybeema

Designing - I'm always bloody designing.  Never seem to get to the building stage.....
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

RichardBattersby

Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

longbridge

Picked up 7 - 10ft lengths of 2"x 1" dressed pine for my new American N scale layout that will be built above my existing British N Gauge layout, all being well construction will start tomorrow.

I was intending to build a OO gauge layout but I cant get the required space to do what I want.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

bigbear

I'm busy customising a load of Kestrel kits I got cheap. New doors and windows, new roofs, new wall finishes, customised gardens... Would it be easier to scratch build?

Also chopping some Lyddle End buildings about. An old pub and some cottages being given a new look.

Converting photos of my aunt's old cottage to do a scratch build of that.

I build all of my buildings as individual dioramas and then place them in the layout. It's easier than reaching over to work on tiny details!

agent9843

Real work put skids on modeling... correcting errors in el'cheapo  n-scale autos.  Halted in mid progress.  Need time to crack-up air compressor and airbrush auto's new paint jobs.  best aj

longbridge

Uprooted some of the track I layed last week and reorganized the track plan to suit a different theme.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

swisstony

Still creating working SR Lamps from White Metal kits and Flat LEDS... Time consuming is not the word!  Not to mention SWMBO found I'd pinched her green nail polish to act as a current shield on the white metal from the LED legs as it was a great colour match to my Lamp green paint    :worried:

Jerry Howlett

Bought the yes...scalescenes low relief shopbacks so decided it was about time to finish the low relief terraced houses that I started in January.  Anyway nearly finished both and have found a suitable area to use at least some of them.
Shop backs are very interesting lots of detail and have optional items such as air conditioning units with air ducts etc.
Pictures when finished.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

zwilnik

Just done my first Scalescenes kit for the low relief railway arches at the back of the layout and then a serious tidy up of the layout and modelling room in time for the letting agents to do their first inspection since I moved in.

Skyline2uk

Fiddling about with my hard-standing (will never touch Bulsa again for this, lesson for next project).

Also laying out all my collected scenic items in prep to glue them (if I am happy with their location, which looking over my shoulder I think I am ).

Copious track cleaning at last getting results.

Skyline2uk

Caz

Tried my first Kestrel kits, 4 terraced houses and another of a shop and house, made up nice and easy but as mentioned elsewhere the brickwork moulding leaves a lot to be desired.  :(  But taking EP's suggestion of painting them grey has completely transformed them, actually look half decent now  :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%