user names...

Started by findus, March 20, 2011, 09:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icairns and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Trainfish

The other reason behind my name is that I was nicknamed Guppy many years ago at work as they reckoned I drank like a fish, even at 16 and I am still called it by some. I also support the mighty Swindon Town. Then the internet got invented and of course football forums. I started as something else which I can't remember but decided that I needed a new name. So, I used the 'Town' from Swindon Town and the 'Fish' as that's what a guppy is. From then on I was called TownFish usually with a © after it if the forum used allowed it. Then I couldn't use it on ebay as someone else was called that so as I was buying/selling a lot of football programmes and other football stuff I became FootyFish. Then railway forums were added to my list and TrainFish was born. Since then I'm also GolfFish in a couple of places but I forget where, that's the problem with being a fish.
By the way, I was also registered on youtube as townfish up until about 3 months ago. I got an email from someone who had www.townfish.co.uk registered and wanted to use my name townfish on youtube. They said they may even be able to pay a small fee so I asked how much. It took me about 2 nanoseconds to accept the £150 they offered which went straight into the train fund  :claphappy:

Ps, training fish is just a sideline these days, there's not much call for those skills around here. :(
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daveg

Ps, training fish is just a sideline these days, there's not much call for those skills around here.

So, business has scaled down a bit.

Sorry TF, I couldn't stop myself. :-X

Anybody seen my tablets?

Dave G

bigbear

You might say it fin-ished, I suppose?

longbridge

I used the name oldshutterbug for many years on photography forums, that was when I was a camera freak, got back into model railways so I thought, well i'm still old but now as always was a rail freak so oldrailbug was born.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

swisstony

Swiss Tony - This was awarded me in my younger days when I owned five cars at one point... (Swiss Tony the dodgey car dealer from the fast show!!).......

Rabs

Mine was from school too.
'Robert' inevitably became 'Rabbit', which with lazy teenagers got shortened to 'Rabs'

Oldman

Mine is my nickname from SWMBO :sorrysign:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Calnefoxile

Quite simple for me really, I live in Calne and I'm a Leicester City fan or the Foxes as they're known. So not living in Leicester anymore I've used the user name Calnefoxile.

Regards

Neal.

Fratton

Fratton has been my Gaming nickname for playing PC games for quite a while now,,, it also fits for this hobby and i already knew of a great picture to use as an avatar,,,,,
Charlie.

Trainfish

Quote from: Fratton on October 15, 2012, 05:29:15 PM
.................. and i already knew of a great picture to use as an avatar,,,,,

Can we see it some time then?  :P
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Tom@Crewe

Mine is complicated   I am Tom from Crewe

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

You fish for backwards clams?
John

<*))))><

spurno

mine is from the team i have supported for 45 years.originally meant to br spurno1,short for spurs number one fan but someone else had it as a username so it morphed into spurno where it has remained ever since wherever i go on the internet.
Born beside the mighty GWR.

Regards

alan

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%