Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco neri

:hellosign:

Three Pullman coaches...
Car N. 334, Falcon , Garnet, waiting one day forthe release of Ibis, Lydia and Leona that were running on Italian tracks between 1925 and 1928...now preserved but I don't know in which English railway museum...

Cheers
Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

60156 Great Central

Here is my latest purchase from Rails of Sheffield using some money given to me by my Mums partner for xmas.

Mathieson MW0002 Atkinson Limited Edition of 450 models

They both went to Uni in Liverpool so this seemed apt to get with the money also my first purchase from Rails - must say very protected in transit very happy :)

gc4946

In anticipation of my Rapido Trains' 9-car Pendolino for delivery next year, I've bought another Birmingham-built prototype to sit beside the Pendo, a (Poole-made) Farish Regional Railways 101.

This is coupled up to a partly-completed hand repaint, done by yours truly, of another Poole-made 101, to an ex-Strathclyde PTE orange/black 101 with black front.

Both will represent units as running during late 2003.

I also attended the Selby show today and found a Central Trains 158 on sale which I promptly bought.

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

paulprice

Well I have actually bought a BR liveried Jubilee locomotive to add to my fleet  :confused1: I'm not going mad, it will soon appear in a decent LMS lined black livery  :P

I mean, new for £88 quid it would be rude not to???? :angel: :angel: :angel:

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on September 05, 2015, 03:50:42 PM
Well I have actually bought a BR liveried Jubilee locomotive to add to my fleet  :confused1: I'm not going mad, it will soon appear in a decent LMS lined black livery  :P

Tut Tut. I'm assuming someone had your arm forced up your back for that purchase? :angel:

paulprice

Quote from: newportnobby on September 05, 2015, 04:07:50 PM
Quote from: paulprice on September 05, 2015, 03:50:42 PM

Tut Tut. I'm assuming someone had your arm forced up your back for that purchase? :angel:

I blame the voices in my head.......... :-[

MinZaPint

Herewith my Ixion Manor proudly heading a rake of new Hawksworth stock

Lovely coaches beautifully detailed  :thumbsup:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

daveg

Those Hawksworth's do look nice but no, I AM going to behave and save up for the next 2 Pullman coaches - 374-212 and 374-202, due who knows when.

What brake can I put on the Pullman rake?

I'm lucky enough to have 2 Ixion Manors. Hope to have one renamed and numbered in the New Year.

Dave G

daveg

Quote from: Only Me on September 05, 2015, 07:53:23 PM
Quote from: daveg on September 05, 2015, 06:48:10 PM
Those Hawksworth's do look nice but no, I AM going to behave and save up for the next 2 Pullman coaches - 374-212 and 374-202, due who knows when.

What brake can I put on the Pullman rake?

I'm lucky enough to have 2 Ixion Manors. Hope to have one renamed and numbered in the New Year.

Dave G

Pullman brake available from farish collectors club!

Thanks for that!

Joining the club for (probably) just the one coach is a tad OTT for me. It'd make the cost £55.95.

Dave G

Shiney Sheff

This lot turned up the other day  :)

[smg id=28733 type=preview align=center caption="20545281503 61bdd1325d o"]

leachsprite4

Three new arrivals this week, second via a shop in sheffields ebay store, as a wedding anniversary present from my wife.

paulprice

OOOOhhh YUCK look at the horrible livery this poor locomotive is in (I can hear the BR boys massing to get me already  :P). Its the latest addition to the locomotive fleet, but it wont be long before it appears in a proper decent livery, I'm thinking post war lined black.

I might start a charity to protect the pointless suffering of poor engines when they are forced to wear such liveries   :'( :'(

Hang on a minute I have just created another project for myself, not good  ???

leachsprite4

they only lasted in this livery for a matter of hours in BR days then they became grubby black and grey very quickly  :D

looking forward to seeing it in post war black, not tempted by silver jubilee livery?

Graham

johnlambert

Quote from: paulprice on September 06, 2015, 09:53:10 PM
OOOOhhh YUCK look at the horrible livery this poor locomotive is in (I can hear the BR boys massing to get me already  :P). Its the latest addition to the locomotive fleet, but it wont be long before it appears in a proper decent livery, I'm thinking post war lined black.

I might start a charity to protect the pointless suffering of poor engines when they are forced to wear such liveries   :'( :'(

Hang on a minute I have just created another project for myself, not good  ???

I never used to like green steam locos, never mind the shade of green, and always had a soft spot for Crimson Lake.  But I do think that loco (Jubilee? Sorry, I'm not good at identifying locos on sight) looks good in green.  Still, I'm sure it will look just as good, or even better (depending on your prejudice) after your repaint.

I'm trying to resist the Graham Farish Jubilees in my local model shop; seeing your picture doesn't help my resolve ;)

Skyline2uk

Isn't it odd how we can be revolted by liveries? Personal choice is un-shakeable and I can totally sympathise (I personally don't like seeing EWS stickers on otherwise Tripple Grey locos for example).

Anyway, a topic for another thread perhaps. The loco looks lovely to me, but sure it still will do after your project  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations