Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Good news. A big thumbs down though to the receptionist in the Eyemouth medical centre in Scotland who we spoke to about seeing a doctor. She was rude and treated us like we were aliens.

Which, of course we are (well, Mrs B is).

Ooops, wrong thread. Sorry!  :-[ :-X
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

JBQFC

Quote from: Malc on May 28, 2023, 11:27:37 AM
Just curious as to which way the camera goes as I'm not sure what part of the digestive tract colitis affects.

up the bottom not fun to have done

John

Managed to find some transfers for my ZKA Limpet wagons so can finally complete the 4 that I built 30 years ago 🤣

Got another 2 to build, Taylor Plastic Models kits.

Feeling quite happy 😃

Trainfish

Quote from: JBQFC on May 28, 2023, 06:44:23 PM
Just curious as to which way the camera goes as I'm not sure what part of the digestive tract colitis affects.

John

I've had this done several times and to be honest it's not too bad. The worst part for me is the 24 hours beforehand where you have to clear yourself out as it were with Moviprep or similar and no food. Then when the procedure is done you feel like you could eat a mountain of food when in reality you have a few mouthfuls of something which you've been craving and then you're full up  :*(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Malc

I h
Quote from: JBQFC on May 28, 2023, 06:44:23 PM

John
I had a colonoscopy , which wasn't too bad. Then I went for an endoscopy. I asked the guy doing the procedure if it was the same kit they used for the colonoscopy. He said it was, so I asked him to give it a wipe first.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

joe cassidy

I'm booked in for an endoscopy of the bladder next month :*(

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lurch on May 30, 2023, 12:37:41 PM
Does a mod need to change this topic title to "old man ailments thread"?

I think there's plenty of room in the 'Unhappy' thread for such. C'mon, Folks. This is meant to be the 'Happy' thread, after all ;D

dannyboy

I think we should have a 'Very Happy Thread'
I had my second cataract operation less than 24 hours ago. This time I was in the hospital about one hour less than last time. Even now I am able to say "Wow, what a difference!". I still have to wear the see through plastic shield for a couple of days but even with that on, I can see the tree line about half a mile away in glorious detail. My eyesight has obviously been deteriorating for a few years and, because it was a slow deterioration, I had not realised just how bad it was. Apparently I have to wait about four weeks before I see the optician to see if I need glasses and I was told I might have to wait a similar length of time to drive again - sorry, but there is no way I want the lovely Louisa at home for that length of time - she is going back to work next week, even if she has to walk in front of the car with a red flag!  ;). I have nothing but praise for everybody involved, from the optician at 'Specsavers' who told me to get the cataracts sorted, to the surgeon, (a lovely lady), who did both operations and everybody in between. If anybody is being referred for cataract operations, there is nothing to fear.  :no:. I have had very little pain, (and that was mild and shortlived), and just a bit of discomfort. Well worth it for the improvement in vision.  :thumbsup:
I was just proof reading this post before I hit 'Post', flippin' 'eck, there was some typos - I blame the new eyes.  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

That's great news, David, but if advised not to drive please do not be tempted to ignore that :no:

Nbodger

Excellent News David

I also echo NPN's advice, even though you are in the wilds of Ireland surrounded by dirt tracks.  :)

Perhaps now you will be able to see the errors of your ways  ;)

JBQFC

had my CT scan yesterday but have to wait 7 days for the results   
had my camera today i went in two hours late due to a fault with the camera
thankfully every thing is ok no sign of any colitis or other nasty stuff
so now have to wait for the CT scan results to see if that can shed any light on what causing me so much pain

John

dannyboy

Louisa woke me up at about 7.30am, (on a Saturday!), to tell me that the electricity was off. So it was a cup of coffe using water boiled on the little gas ring I bought ages ago, a bowl of cornflakes and I was ready to go. First off was checking the power outage map,  :goggleeyes:, there were loads! Then it was connecting the large power bank I have to the TV and Freesat box so Louisa could have her television - 'Columbo' or 'Poirot' are mainstays. Then I dragged the small petrol generator out of the shed and got it going to power the fridge/freezer - the freezer temperature was showing -11.7°C   :o. The power has been back about thirty minutes so all is well with the world again although the forecast is for more lightning later today. Don't we take electricity for granted?
David.

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 17, 2023, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: dannyboy on June 17, 2023, 11:56:18 AM
Don't we take electricity for granted?

Shocking, innit :D

You should be grounded coming out with comments like that!  ;)
David.

emjaybee

Quote from: dannyboy on June 17, 2023, 12:29:25 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on June 17, 2023, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: dannyboy on June 17, 2023, 11:56:18 AM
Don't we take electricity for granted?

Shocking, innit :D

You should be grounded coming out with comments like that!  ;)

Watt are you pair going on about?!

I wish you'd both just go Ohm and stop making a fuss.

If you want to make volta-tile comments there's a separate thread.

:veryangry:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23