Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on June 15, 2021, 10:26:27 AM

she is being referred to the Sussex county hospital for a few weeks of chemo, though we do not know yet whether this will be just tablets, or the full on, hair falling out kind.

the consultant is however certain that there was no spread, and that they got it all out, so hopefully just a stop it coming back if it's lurking anywhere sort of chemo.

all in all, happy news  :thumbsup:

That's great news, Alan. Best wishes to you both.

Trainfish

My fingers are firmly crossed for both of you Alan @class37025  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

update ...
letter this morning followed by phone call, she / we has / have a face to face at PRH Haywards Heath tomorrow. :bounce:

not actually sure if this as well as, or instead of the Sussex County review, but it is at the clinic for the same department that referred her to Guys.

all cracking along at a great rate, and no time for her to get uptight about things, which is always a good thing  :-\

thank you all, as always, for your good wishes and kind messages.

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on June 15, 2021, 12:49:39 PM

just make sure you don't drop your beer  :beers:

daffy

@class37025  All sounds good to me Alan.  :thumbsup:

- and if the face-to-face she has at Haywards Heath is anything like the one my good lady had at Lincoln last week, then it'll be a drive to the hospital, ten minutes wait outside the hospital entrance if you get there too early like we did, fifteen minute wait in the waiting area, five minute wait outside the Consultant's anteroom with a nurse doing not much, five minutes chat and examination by the Consultant, five minutes obs check by said nurse (BP, pulse and temp), and back to the car park and home!

All in all then, two hours of driving and half an hour on top of that for 5 minutes with a Consultant to tell her all is going well! :thumbsup: :D

:beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

@class37025
Everything sounds like it is going along as we all want it to Alan. :thumbsup: Hopefully, as you say, 'they' have got it all and the chemo is just 'back up'. Might even have to have a little drop of Jurra tonight to celebrate for/with you both.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

@dannyboy, please do, though I prefer a less peaty version, but I will join you in a toast to happier times.
:beers:

Trainfish

Quote from: class37025 on June 15, 2021, 01:44:07 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on June 15, 2021, 12:49:39 PM

just make sure you don't drop your beer  :beers:

Like that's gonna happen  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Just had me first covid jab. (I think I'm happy, @Newportnobby )
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

How's your 5G reception now?

Just found out I am eligible to apply for a jab at the central mass vaccination centre being run by the Japanese Self-Defence Force as they are flogging off surplus capacity to the quickest applicants. If I am reading the signs correctly that puts me with a fair chance of getting it by the end of the month, otherwise I'd have to wait until my age group comes into the local area's rotation, which won't be until late summer at the earliest.

Bealman

I'll let you know how my reception is when it kicks in a couple of days from now  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

emjaybee

Quote from: railsquid on June 16, 2021, 03:55:27 AM
How's your 5G reception now?

Just found out I am eligible to apply for a jab at the central mass vaccination centre being run by the Japanese Self-Defence Force as they are flogging off surplus capacity to the quickest applicants. If I am reading the signs correctly that puts me with a fair chance of getting it by the end of the month, otherwise I'd have to wait until my age group comes into the local area's rotation, which won't be until late summer at the earliest.

At least now we can track him with 'Find my phone'.

Oh, there he is on Google Maps.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on June 16, 2021, 04:03:16 AM
I'll let you know how my reception is when it kicks in a couple of days from now  :uneasy:

But you told me your reception wherever you went was 'frosty' :confused2:

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on June 12, 2021, 12:22:44 PM
Happy as I've finally sourced enough mk3 Swallow coaches (thanks Rails) to complete another totally Dapol HST rake. 8 now complete with just 2 to go I think  :thumbsup:

Arrived today  :claphappy:

John

<*))))><

guest311

an update after our face to face this afternoon.

appointment 14:00

finally left the hospital just gone 15:00, initially a consult with a registrar, who really went out of his way to explain things in a way we both understood, and then a follow on with a very patient McMillan nurse.

a teleconsult to follow next wednesday to see how SWMBO wishes to proceed.

nutshell, she had two types of cancer in the one nodule.
small cell, and non small cell [ok that's me out of my knowledge zone already.
entire nodule and surrounds removed, the perimeter of the surrounding matter checked as were a sample of surrounding lymph nodes ?

NO SIGN of further small cell cancer cells, but the little, err things, are very small.

while they are pretty sure they have got it all out, there is a vague chance that the small cells may have spread elsewhere.

so
option 1 is four cycles of chemo, each of 3 weeks
option 2 is three monthly CT scans to monitor is there is any sign or new cancers forming.

but
he is concerned about the side effects of the chemo, given SWMBO's medical history / present condition.

the end story is we have a week to decide how she wants to proceed, but his preference is for the ct scans to monitor the situation.

you want to know how to strip and reassemble a Browning 9mm or Sterling, I can do that
you want to know how to train German Shepherds to air scent and attack / detain intruders, I'm your man
you want to know some info on cars maybe I'm you man.
you want to know how to recover vehicles post RTA, I can do that

cancer  no chance, that is his ball game not mine.

a pile of leaflets etc to go through over the next few days so a decision can be reached by next wednesday.

think I'll be on the scottish water this evening.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations