Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

Similar experience here, for me, and Swmbo, was no worse than having the annual flu jab.
I'm wondering if the covid jab will become an annual thing?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

I think all the boffins have already stated so, Trev, owing to all the variants occurring just as with the flu bug.

Newportnobby

Motorsport on TV tomorrow.
Bike racing from Qatar 14.15 - 19.00 Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP. (BT Sports)
F1 racing from Bahrain 20.30 - 23.00 (Channel 4)

Not that I'm a couch potato, of course :no: :angel:

lil chris

Good news for me too, I have my second vaccine appointment for April now, I will feel a lot safer after that. Bad news I would have loved to watch the MotoGP, not been able to watch it since it changed to BT sport.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

honestjudge

I had my 2nd jab about 2 weeks ago and the only after effect was  a bit of tenderness in the arm for a few days........it also made my hair go grey and bald in places, and has made me about 3st overweight (thats my story and I'm sticking to it!).

I can confirm that you do feel more safe but I still feel duty bound  not to let my guard slip.

lil chris

I have just read that ITV 4 are showing a MotoGP highlights programme on Monday 29th, trouble is it is not shown in my TV guide, I will have to keep my fingers crossed. I love the MotoGP but am not prepared to play through the nose to watch it. So happy at least there is a highlights programme.
Lil Chris
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.

Newportnobby

Last year it was Quest who showed the main race only on a Monday following the weekend action. I know all the big names are in MotoGP but I prefer Moto3 and Moto2 as the field is larger and the action is closer.
As far as I know, Marc Marquez will not be at this first race.

Newportnobby

Quote from: lil chris on March 27, 2021, 05:19:04 PM
I have just read that ITV 4 are showing a MotoGP highlights programme on Monday 29th, trouble is it is not shown in my TV guide, I will have to keep my fingers crossed.

@lil chris
Bought TV guides have a long lead in so are not particularly accurate. I've lost count of the times 'The Repair Shop' has been replaced by Covid updates despite the TV guide from the Daily Fail.
My guide on the TV shows the highlights prog at 8pm Monday on ITV4, Chris

lil chris

Thanks Mick @Newportnobby i saw two reports one said 7.00pm the other said 8.00pm. I have been watching ch 25 ITV 4 for the snooker so that's a good do, I can watch it in the railway room. The cheapest I get get the subscription for was £18 a month, can not justify paying that much extra. Keep safe.
Lil Chris

Newportnobby

I pay £14 per month for my BT Sports. Sounds a lot but there are usually at least 2 rounds of MotoGP per month at 5 hours each (I don't watch practice/qualifying) so it works out at £1.40 per hour. There's after race discussion as well but I don't watch that either even though Suzi Perry presents it :D

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 28, 2021, 01:10:06 PM
There's after race discussion as well but I don't watch that either even though Suzi Perry presents it :D

I've only recently got into MotoGP. About 5 minutes ago actually after typing Suzi Perry into Wikipedia, YouTube, Google, Tinder, LinkedIn and a few others. Just 6 years younger than me too so you never know..................
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 28, 2021, 01:10:06 PM
even though Suzi Perry presents it

I don't pay for the sports coverage - I could not decide between Suzy Perry and Lee McKenzie!  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Dorsetmike

I don't pay for any of 'em - no TV, got better things to do with what's left of my time.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Bob Tidbury

I have just got my second Covid jab booked for Friday 2nd April ,so feeling a lot happier now ,but still a bit  unsure about going to any shows untill everyone has has both of them ,Lets hope that happens before T I N G S .
Bob Tidbury.

stevewalker

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on March 28, 2021, 06:34:49 PM
I have just got my second Covid jab booked for Friday 2nd April ,so feeling a lot happier now ,but still a bit  unsure about going to any shows untill everyone has has both of them ,Lets hope that happens before T I N G S .
Bob Tidbury.

Fingers crossed, my first jab is this Thursday and my second in the middle of June. Definitely hoping TINGS goes ahead.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations