Previous topic - Next topic

Nbodger

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 24, 2021, 09:18:08 PM
Quote from: Mito on January 24, 2021, 08:29:13 PM
And the lead going off photo at the bottom, who was that attached to? :hmmm: ;D

A certain tutenkhamunsleeping, perchance? :hmmm:

I've heard of social distancing but that's ridiculous

tutenkhamunsleeping

I'd got Merlin on a long lead but Fiona grabbed on to try and keep both dogs in camera. I like the way it looks like I've got her on the lead as well as the dogs, but haven't mentioned it yet :no:

MinZaPint

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on January 24, 2021, 09:47:00 PM
I like the way it looks like I've got her on the lead as well as the dogs, but haven't mentioned it yet :no:

Wise man  ;)
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Papyrus

A shout-out for the younger generation!

Yesterday afternoon, my wife got a phone call, apparently from our daughter-in-law. When she answered it, the voice of a young lad she didn't know asked if she knew the owner of this phone. It turned out, Pat had left her (brand-new, very expensive, Christmas present) phone in a park in Hove and this lad had picked it up and was trying to reunite it with its owner. As we had no way of communicating with Pat we decided the best thing to do was to drive down to Hove and collect it, but just as we were about to set off, Pat turned up in the park herself looking for it. The young lad, only in his early teens, even phoned us back on his own phone to say it had been collected. We were really impressed.  :angel:

If you were to believe some of the newspapers, all teenagers are either lazy or dishonest, but like the rest of society, the good 'uns (the majority) don't tend to get in the press. So we thought we'd spread the word to redress the balance a bit.

Cheers,

Chris

Skyline2uk

@Papyrus

Great story and thanks for sharing.

For the same reasons as you I make a conscious effort to call out the "good ones" when I see em.

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

That's great to hear, Chris. Hope you gave daughter-in-law a kick up the arse though!

Papyrus

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 26, 2021, 07:27:02 PM
That's great to hear, Chris. Hope you gave daughter-in-law a kick up the arse though!

Hah! You have never met our daughter-in-law! She's Spanish, good-looking, good mum, great cook, brain the size of a planet - who cares if she's a bit absent-minded? My stepson definitely married up. Application of boot to bum is definitely above my pay grade!

Cheers,

Chris

Bealman

That's a good story about the teenager. I taught teenagers all my working life, and hardly ever found a bad egg. I even drink with some of them today who have less hair than I have!

It's a bit embarrassing when a grown man calls out "Hello sir" in a shopping centre, but very nice.

I think that I did alright in the game, because even now, I think like a teenager.

On another happy note, I just won a meat tray and a A$600 voucher for a local hardware superstore at the bowling club.  :) ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

I agree - really good news.
Most youngsters are really nice people in my experience.
I taught hundreds of 17/18 year olds to drive from 2003 onwards and before that worked for many years in FE and as @Bealman says, most youngsters were extremely pleasant.
Ok, a few bad eggs as in life generally, but those were the exception.

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Most of them have their eyes on their future, and try hard. I turned out a few engineers and doctors.

In fact when I had my ankle operation two years ago, the dude who delivered my anaesthetic was one of my old physics students.

Dunno if that anything to do with me being in hospital for two months  :uneasy:

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Bealman on January 29, 2021, 08:26:59 AM
Most of them have their eyes on their future, and try hard. I turned out a few engineers and doctors.

In fact when I had my ankle operation two years ago, the dude who delivered my anaesthetic was one of my old physics students.

Dunno if that anything to do with me being in hospital for two months  :uneasy:

Must have left a good impression on the lad, otherwise the anaesthetic would have been "delivered" with a hammer....

Skyline2uk

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

That's exactly what I thought on the slab - I might not wake up here!

My last thought before blackness was, geez, I hope I gave him good grades  :uneasy:

steve836

To all our antipodean friends. Sorry it's a bit late, but happy Australia day!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

JBQFC

Quote from: JBQFC on January 08, 2021, 04:05:24 PM
got back to work today after been off sick for a week to be told that due to a major out brake of covid at work they have sent most staff home for ten days but cleaning staff that includes me have to give the place a deep clean but only doing short shifts  so 6 hours instead of 12 hours for the next ten days 5 of which I am booked to work with no loss of pay

on my day off today and have just had a phone call from my manager to say that we are getting a £100 cash discretionary recognition payment for all our hard work  :claphappy:

Trainfish

Unlike @class37025 I prefer to frequent this thread and have good reason to today. I logged a broadband issue with Sky on Wednesday and they offered a Thursday PM (yesterday) engineer visit. Got a call from the Openreach engineer at 08:50 on Thursday to see if he could attend early. I was out (Thursday is market day in Devizes) but said I could be home by 09:10. He arrived at 09:30 and found an issue with the cable outside so replaced and re-routed it as I wanted. I now have a broadband speed of 46Mb  :D

They don't request feedback but I found a way to do so and have praised the engineer highly  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations