Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

NO.

posties doesn't usually arrive till 10 ish  :smiley-laughing:

Trainfish

We only usually have a delivery if there is a 'T' in the day (Tuesday, Thursday. SaTurday) which is why I was surprised we had 3 deliveries today.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on January 15, 2021, 01:03:18 PM
We only usually have a delivery if there is a 'T' in the day (Tuesday, Thursday. SaTurday) which is why I was surprised we had 3 deliveries today.

Just shows your postie doesn't know what day it is :-X

Trainfish

Most disappointing was the fact that amongst the deliveries were a prescription, wool, new credit card, tooth flossers, another prescription, mystery package for the wife etc there was just 1 train related item which was a bogie! But id does mean I can get my TGV up and running again on my 1980's BR layout  :doh:

Another video opportunity I feel so this does still belong in the Happy thread  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Trainfish on January 15, 2021, 11:30:42 AM
Happy as a pig in orange today. Mike @woodbury22uk kindly sent me a replacement bogie for my TGV which I will put to the test later on my completed oval and see how it handles Ummagumma Junction. I am very confident that it will be fine on there being a Kato unit  :thumbsup:

By one of those lucky coincidences the Lima TGV articulation bogie will fit the Kato unit. There is a tiny amount of "slop" where the cars clip over the pivot pin, but it does not seem to affect running when I tested it on my Kato set which had not had a run for a few years. :-)
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Lawrence

Popped into my local Tesco today, everyone was wearing masks and only solo shoppers were allowed in (excepting disabled and people with children), there was a middle aged couple in front of me and she was adamant they were both going in, she was advised to either shop solo or shop elsewhere, she turned to her husband (long suffering no doubt) "you had better give me the car keys then" and stomped off.
As I was allowed in I said to the lass "well done love", she rolled her eyes and thanked me. Happy because everyone was, eventually, playing by the rules, long may it continue  :)

Skyline2uk

Transfer of topic from Angry Thread

A shout out to Dominos who very quickly and with no fuss sorted a refund for my double-payment as a result of an App glitch.

Nice to see the big boys not making life difficult for us, especially as I suspect they are one of the few companies doing rather well in these horrid times.

Skyline2uk

emjaybee

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 22, 2021, 09:10:56 AM

A shout out to Dominos who very quickly and with no fuss sorted a refund for my double-payment as a result of an App glitch.

Nice to see the big boys not making life difficult for us, especially as I suspect they are one of the few companies doing rather well in these horrid times.

Skyline2uk

I just don't know who you are anymore.

???
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: emjaybee on January 22, 2021, 09:30:59 AM

Skyline2uk

???

Erm

Same Skyline? Sorry have I missed something here?

Skyline2uk

steve836

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 22, 2021, 09:51:52 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on January 22, 2021, 09:30:59 AM

Skyline2uk

???

Erm

Same Skyline? Sorry have I missed something here?

Skyline2uk

We've got you down as being a grumpy old git, like me, so what are you doing on the happy thread?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

Ohhhh!

Thanks @steve836 , sorry @emjaybee

Well I am attempting some spraying with new paint this afternoon, so no doubt normal service will be resumed  ;)

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

I was planning to do similar but with last night's frost I don't think the fence will dry out today. Maybe I should be on the "not upset in the slightest" thread as I don't fancy spraying it until July anyway.
John

<*))))><

tutenkhamunsleeping

Snapped today, the disused trackbed of the Lilleshall and Company mineral line in Telford.  SWMBO and the two dogs don't seem to appreciate the significance of their daily walk ::)

Location is the wooded area in the dead centre of this map:
https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=16.6423912910265&lat=52.70347&lon=-2.43151&layers=171
(Right by the 'Y' in 'Railway')

For anyone interested there's a great bit of background on the following site:
http://theminerswalk.org/snedshill/lilleshall-company-mineral-railway-line/

Mito

And the lead going off photo at the bottom, who was that attached to? :hmmm: ;D
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mito on January 24, 2021, 08:29:13 PM
And the lead going off photo at the bottom, who was that attached to? :hmmm: ;D

A certain tutenkhamunsleeping, perchance? :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%