Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

What are you planning to do with all that bread ?

Trainfish

Feed the birds of course!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RailGooner

Quote from: Trainfish on January 04, 2021, 10:12:42 PM
10% NHS discount  :thumbsup:

Which supermarket is this John? I wouldn't want to miss out.

guest311

well, a real shock today.

SWMBO made a list of items to keep us going till at least the weekend, then I made a thermos of coffee and a packed lunch and headed down to Tesco....

and straight in, after the usual sanitising and hand gel.

haven't see it so quiet for months, no sign of people with pallets of bog rolls or trolleys full of pasta.

some things out of stock, but that is usual at our local store, but no more than usual.

did notice Easter eggs have now taken over aisle 16, well it is over a week from Christmas so to expected.

and, shock horror, the sanitisers were still reduced to clear, so I cleared a couple more out of their way  :)

only rolls I got were some hot dog ones, I'm on kitchen duty this evening, so hot dogs in rolls, fried onions and chips.  :food:

HB will be happy cause there are always more sausages than rolls  :laugh3:

no jostling or fighting over the last tin of beans, or people shoving in front of you, in fact quite boring.

surely, this doesn't mean people are being sensible this time does it  :hmmm:

nah, they are probably still clearing up their hoards from a year ago  :smiley-laughing:

stay safe all of you, :beers:

Snowwolflair

Quote from: class37025 on January 05, 2021, 04:07:08 PM
well, a real shock today.

SWMBO made a list of items to keep us going till at least the weekend, then I made a thermos of coffee and a packed lunch and headed down to Tesco....

and straight in, after the usual sanitising and hand gel.

haven't see it so quiet for months, no sign of people with pallets of bog rolls or trolleys full of pasta.

some things out of stock, but that is usual at our local store, but no more than usual.

did notice Easter eggs have now taken over aisle 16, well it is over a week from Christmas so to expected.

and, shock horror, the sanitisers were still reduced to clear, so I cleared a couple more out of their way  :)

only rolls I got were some hot dog ones, I'm on kitchen duty this evening, so hot dogs in rolls, fried onions and chips.  :food:

HB will be happy cause there are always more sausages than rolls  :laugh3:

no jostling or fighting over the last tin of beans, or people shoving in front of you, in fact quite boring.

nah, they are probably still clearing up their hoards from a year ago  :smiley-laughing:

stay safe all of you, :beers:

Could be they all died of COVID19 over the holidays  :doh:

guest311

I knew I should have bought those shares in Funerals are you when I had the chance  :'(

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on January 05, 2021, 02:22:42 PM
Feed the birds of course!

tuppence a bag, or have you allowed for inflation ?  :smiley-laughing:

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RailGooner

Doh! Tens of miles away sadly.

Trainfish

You can also get 10% off with online shopping from Morrisons apparently  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

stevewalker

Quote from: class37025 on January 05, 2021, 04:07:08 PM

Nah, they're all shopping online. My wife is classed as extremely vulnerable, so we have mainly been shopping online since the first lockdown. We had a click and collect today (we were unable to get a delivery) and she wanted to amend the order last night. She had to sit in a virtual queue even to log in to amend it!

Trainfish

I'm happy today because.............. My teethache is almost gone and I've finished the antibionics so I've had just a couple (4) of cheeky beers in case the dentist tells me tomorrow that I need more time on the antibionics  :beers:

If he says I don't need any more then maybe I can take this T-shirt off as it's getting a bit smelly now  ::)
John

<*))))><

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on January 05, 2021, 11:36:27 AM
I applied to renew my passport last Wednesday and just got an email to say the new one will be posted to me today! Fantastic turnaround of 5 working days if it arrives tomorrow. From submitting my application to it being approved took just 64 minutes! Just a shame I can't use it to go on holiday in the foreseeable future but I do need it for job applications. Well done to the passport office  :thumbsup:

My new passport just popped through the door just 8 days from my application! Well done to everyone involved. Now, I wonder what I can use it for............ :doh:
John

<*))))><

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Trainfish on January 07, 2021, 11:25:51 AM
My new passport just popped through the door just 8 days from my application! Well done to everyone involved. Now, I wonder what I can use it for............ :doh:

Oooh ooh Mr Peevely, what colour is it???   ;) ;) ;)

And is there a space for a Covid Vaccination stamp  ;D ;D ;D

Regards

Neal.

TrevL

Quote from: Trainfish on January 07, 2021, 11:25:51 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on January 05, 2021, 11:36:27 AM
I applied to renew my passport last Wednesday and just got an email to say the new one will be posted to me today! Fantastic turnaround of 5 working days if it arrives tomorrow. From submitting my application to it being approved took just 64 minutes! Just a shame I can't use it to go on holiday in the foreseeable future but I do need it for job applications. Well done to the passport office  :thumbsup:

A bookmark?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations