Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

so kind, looks like I'll be back on track to the angry thread soon. :smiley-laughing:

steve836

Quote from: class37025 on December 30, 2020, 09:48:02 AM
so kind, looks like I'll be back on track to the angry thread soon. :smiley-laughing:

That's good, I saw you wandering about in the "daily groaner" thread. You looked a bit lost but I didn't like to interfere.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

guest311

not sure about posting this, still feeling out of place here  :-[ but our camellia tree has now got five blooms on it, plus huge numbers of buds.

so, I obviously didn't, as foretold by SWMBO,  kill it when I pruned, cut, butchered it back in the summer,

and, secondly, is this an omen of a better year to come  :hmmm:

Lawrence

Following the announcement that we are in lockdown again as from midnight, I drove straight to the shop and purchased a bottle of red wine in order to celebrate not having to see my boss for at least one more day. I am sure Boris will announce something similar for you lot down South tonight  ;) so better get the wine/beer/gin/soft drink of your choice in  :D

Trainfish

Boris will announce this at 8pm tonight apparently. He's usually late though so maybe 8:30, or 9pm. I have already planned for a lockdown even though I have pretty much been locked down since June anyway  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daffy

This being the happy thread, I'll be very happy to hear we all go into Lockdown as soon as possible to try to slow this pestilence.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

And so it came to pass :)

Let's hope the supermarkets see sense and immediately ration certain items they just know the nutters will be going for, but I doubt it. Guess I'll find out on Weds :hmmm:

guest311

noticed the other day that bottles of hand sanitiser were reduced to clear at our local Tesco.

any bets it's back to full price, or more, tomorrow ?

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 04, 2021, 08:52:22 PM
And so it came to pass :)

Let's hope the supermarkets see sense and immediately ration certain items they just know the nutters will be going for, but I doubt it. Guess I'll find out on Weds :hmmm:

I sent the wife shopping today as it seemed a certainty that this would happen. We now have 152 bog rolls, 12kg of rice, 24kg of pasta, 6 multi-packs of sanitiser, 4x 12 packs of Hazy Jane, 3 bottles of Baileys, and a loaf of bread. We should be ok until I send her again at 9am on Sunday to take advantage of the 10% NHS discount  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

With a diet like that you'll need all 152 bog rolls so you are forgiven

Southerngooner

Very happy to go to Tesco this morning and find it quiet, no panic buying, nice!

Oh, and I found the back to back gauge that I've been searching for for the last week, right in front of my eyes in one of my tool trays!

A good start to lockdown III........

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

Trainfish

I applied to renew my passport last Wednesday and just got an email to say the new one will be posted to me today! Fantastic turnaround of 5 working days if it arrives tomorrow. From submitting my application to it being approved took just 64 minutes! Just a shame I can't use it to go on holiday in the foreseeable future but I do need it for job applications. Well done to the passport office  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

joe cassidy

Quote from: Trainfish on January 04, 2021, 10:12:42 PM
I sent the wife shopping today as it seemed a certainty that this would happen. We now have 152 bog rolls, 12kg of rice, 24kg of pasta, 6 multi-packs of sanitiser, 4x 12 packs of Hazy Jane, 3 bottles of Baileys, and a loaf of bread. We should be ok until I send her again at 9am on Sunday to take advantage of the 10% NHS discount  :thumbsup:

I hope she used YOUR credit card to pay for all that  :)

Trainfish

Unfortunately it's our debit card so I have already claimed 76 rolls and the Hazy Jane. She can keep the Baileys. I don't need the sanitiser as I don't go anywhere!
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations