Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

;D

Very nice guy and so is his wife/girlfriend (didn't ask which :doh: ) as well.  I got my two 08's back which are superb.  Really happy with what he's done.  Ian also took in my Class 455, so will be working his magic on it.  :)

Trainfish

Are you having trouble uploading the photos then Tank? I'm sure we'd all like to see them. Wife/girlfriend photos too please  :drool:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Tank

:laughabovepost:  Behave!!!!!  :smiley-laughing:

I'll take some pictures tonight hopefully.   :NGaugersRule:

DesertHound

I was ambling mindlessly in a general store which sells all manner of things today whilst Mrs Hound was in the bank ... found a lovely little tool box cum organiser drawer set which is just perfect for keeping my spares all under one roof. They were slowly migrating to a few different boxes, but this has brought them all back together again. I very much like the drawer concept, most pleased  :laugh:
[smg id=18413 type=preview align=center caption="image"][smg id=18414 type=preview align=center caption="image"]
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Caz

Great little boxes, I bought one last year during a visit to the UK from Maplins, realised how useful it was and when I returned to the store a week later discovered they'd sold out so if anyone sees these on sale in the UK give me a shout as I'd like to buy another one.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

DesertHound

Caz

Bought mine in Clas Ohlson - they have a number of stores in the UK. Worked out about 9 quid give or take (since I didn't buy it in one of their UK stores, it might be more, or less, in the UK) and pretty much houses everything I need it for. It would be nice if the tackle box part at the top detached, but perhaps that would be asking for too much  ;D

The diagonal sections you can see are just two pieces of card, placed diagonally across some of the compartments (one with a slot cut into it so that it can cross over the other), since some components don't really need a whole compartment to themselves and by doing this, you can get four compartments from one.

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

REGP

Dan & Caz

Those boxes  look very useful and I might have a look for some, if I find any I will let you know Caz.

Any idea who makes them or what they are called?

Ray

scotsoft

DesertHound

Yup - that's the one Scotsoft, and the price is pretty much the same too.

Right, if I had to be super critical ( and I'm really being picky here), I'd personally like the compartments, or at least some of them, a bit smaller. That said, there's still plenty of compartments, not overly large and you can remove dividers if you want to make them bigger.

There's also a long compartment in each tray, which is great for chassis and other longer bits. The tackle box part at the top can be used for storing some small tools, perhaps a multimeter etc. I use it for storing spares which for whatever reason I've bagged up in small sealable bags (such as bogie towers, side frames etc).

Great little boxes which aren't overly big (the picture on the net might give the impression of them being big, but they really aren't). Well made also. If you do buy one then pay attention to the latches and lids - make sure everything closes true. There were a couple in the shop that seemed like they didn't close properly (possibly damaged in transit) so had to pick out a good one.

I'll rate it 9/10 and it only gets marked down because I'd like some extra small compartment sizes, instead of just small   ::)

Worth it in my opinion.

Dan

railsquid

My layout-under-construction is giving me a pleasant feeling of satisfaction. OK, I need to do all that troublesome scenery stuff but just watching the trains run round and round on the temporary setup is addictive  :D

Bealman

Ah, now you're happy, then.  :D

Oh  no, I'm a thread stalker!  ;D ;)

Needn't worry too much - mates have arrived and I have drinking partners now. :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

Just had a parcel delivered by UPS I had no clue what it was I hadn't ordered any thing ,But as it was addressed to me I opened it what a surprise it was a CD a signed print and an LP by in my opinion one of the best female singers ever ,
RUMER she has a fantastic voice sometimes she sounds just like Karen Carpenter who I really liked  sadly no longer with us .
My son kept telling me the re- lease date had been postponed every time I asked him to get me the CD when he went to Town now I know Why .
This has made my day.
Bob

scotsoft

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 19, 2014, 11:52:01 AM
Just had a parcel delivered by UPS I had no clue what it was I hadn't ordered any thing ,But as it was addressed to me I opened it what a surprise it was a CD a signed print and an LP by in my opinion one of the best female singers ever ,
RUMER she has a fantastic voice sometimes she sounds just like Karen Carpenter who I really liked  sadly no longer with us .
My son kept telling me the re- lease date had been postponed every time I asked him to get me the CD when he went to Town now I know Why .
This has made my day.
Bob

What a lovely surprise to receive Bob, I have no doubt it has made your day a very happy one  :thumbsup:

I agree she has a lovely voice and does indeed sound like Karen Carpenter at times, I still listen to the Carpenters Greatest Hits Vols 1 and 2 often.

cheers John.

scotsoft

I received my new mobile phone today it is the HTC One (M8) in Gunmetal, so I am now on super fast 4G and it even came with a silicone case in the box  :D

What I found incredible was once I put the new sim card into the new mobile, the new mobile and old mobile started "speaking" to each other and automatically transferred all my data from my old mobile to my new one wirelessly.

All I had to do was touch the screen to indicate next a few times and very quickly it was all done and dusted.
I am now up and running with emails, internet etc etc etc.

I so love technology  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

cheers John.

Caz

Quote from: scotsoft on November 19, 2014, 05:25:24 PM

I so love technology  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

cheers John.

So do I when it works.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info