How many of us are dabbling in T gauge?

Started by martink, March 27, 2014, 12:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Certainly food for thought, especially the crossing gates, thanks for posting Martin.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

MattJ

I wonder if an O gauge modeller has used T gauge as a garden model railway ON a model railway?  "Big fleas have little fleas..."
They're there for their tea.

Chetcombe

Truly fantastic work MartinK. Out of interest, how big is the layout? (I just know if I guess it would be way bigger than it really is!!)
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

martink

The layout size is 4'8.5" x 1'8" (1.5m x 0.5m) - a large coffee table.  Of course, that would equate to 14'x5' in N.

You can actually get models of a garden railway ride-on diesel and coaches for it.  The scale roughly works out to being able to model G in G.  Also, take a look back to the beginning of this thread where Michael Shillabeer showed an excellent model of an indoor model railway.

Bealman

Great stuff, Martin, you're a genius. Done here in Australia, as well!

We're proud of you, mate!!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: MattJ on August 28, 2014, 06:33:35 PM
I wonder if an O gauge modeller has used T gauge as a garden model railway ON a model railway?  "Big fleas have little fleas..."

That was actually one of the released T gauge products.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bealman

Back in the 1950s P. D. Hancock had a clockwork garden railway on his famous Craig & Mertonford railway (4mm scale).

Sorry... off topic (slightly).  8)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations