The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I think you can get it in hardware stores under the pest control  section  :sick2:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

DesertHound

Quote from: Bealman on March 04, 2015, 10:01:17 AM
I think you can get it in hardware stores under the pest control  section  :sick2:

Don't know about pest control section, but possibly in the pest creation section.  ;D

Pretty sure it's still around Mick. Always order one when I see it. I like Railsquid's Dry Granny though. I won't ask what ... hmmm, on second thoughts, I won't ask. This could go downhill very quickly. I thus retreat from an otherwise compelling conversation, for the dignity of us all  :o
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Malc

Flowers IPA was OK, unlike Watney's Starlight or Red Barrel. The one big advantage of Watney's pubs in the 70s was the big Red Barrel sign outside. Meant you could easily spot the pubs and avoid them.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

talisman56

When I was at university the entry 'fee' to get into a house party was a Watneys Party Seven...  :beers:  :pint:  :sick2:  ...in that order...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

MinZaPint

Quote from: talisman56 on March 04, 2015, 01:21:58 PM
When I was at university the entry 'fee' to get into a house party was a Watneys Party Seven...  :beers:  :pint:  :sick2:  ...in that order...

Unfortunately I have to agree with that, used to go to parties in Epsom where two of the Rolling Stones (Before they hit the big time) used to rent a bungalow, they never bothered to mow the lawn it was covered in empty Party Sevens and Vodka bottles, the next day was a right off but the jam sessions were fantastic,
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Agrippa

Was that Mick and Keef?
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

DesertHound

Mick went to my university - I don't think he even saw the first year out. Didn't do him any harm did it?  :worried:
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Bealman

Quote from: Malc on March 04, 2015, 01:11:01 PM
Flowers IPA was OK, unlike Watney's Starlight or Red Barrel. The one big advantage of Watney's pubs in the 70s was the big Red Barrel sign outside. Meant you could easily spot the pubs and avoid them.
:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing: :laughabovepost:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

JBQFC

Quote from: JBQFC on February 20, 2015, 08:13:20 PM
oh well feeling good only lasted two weeks
now back to having stomach pains and feeling tired all the time
back to the doctors next week i guess  :censored:

off to see my consultant tomorrow and guess what no symptoms for three days  >:(

Newportnobby

Quote from: JBQFC on March 04, 2015, 09:11:49 PM

off to see my consultant tomorrow and guess what no symptoms for three days  >:(

Not to wish ill health on you, but good luck :thumbsup:

JBQFC

Quote from: newportnobby on March 04, 2015, 09:30:28 PM

now have to fill in a food diary so if or when i get ill again he can see if that is the cause

Newportnobby

Quote from: JBQFC on March 05, 2015, 07:48:11 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on March 04, 2015, 09:30:28 PM

now have to fill in a food diary so if or when i get ill again he can see if that is the cause

Sadly it would be too easy for me.......
Monday - too much
Tuesday - too much
etc
etc

talisman56

:veryangry: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Model Railways Direct!

Received their 'new in' email this morning, a section of which is reproduced below:

[smg id=22482]

Note the prices of the Olive green 3-plank and the weathered maroon BCK.

The website now for these two items, and thus the prices I was charged at 4pm this afternoon:

[smg id=22483][smg id=22481]

Went back in to enquire about prices and they said they had revised prices from Farish and were charging those now. Most unapologetic and obviously not willing to give a bit based on their original prices, as advertised. No prices on the items in shop so not able to check them before I was charged at checkout.

Just off to write an email cancelling the pre-orders I have with them and close my account...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Trainfish

In my experience that is very unusual for MRD. I have always found them to be helpful with price matching against other outlets too. I had a similar experience to you a while back in that they were advertising some buildings at reduced prices which were around half the normal price. I went to buy them just after midnight and found that the prices had gone back up. I dropped them an email to ask if they would sell them at the older lower price still. They called me the next day and agreed to do so if I paid over the phone at that time which I did. This saved me over £200 by the way! I realise it probably doesn't help to cheer you up but it may be they had a bad day for whatever reason?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

DELETED

"Deal or no deal" with Noel Edmonds -don't mind the guy at all but what a waste of 30'odd  mins this show is.  Pick a box and that's it isn't it?  2min job at the very most.  (Took me years to work out it's literally just pick a box, no wonder they don't explain the rules -there's no game there!!!!)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations