Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulCheffus and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bob G

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 06, 2022, 03:49:22 AM
Quote from: Bob G on November 05, 2022, 06:38:27 PM

Spent today with griping pain and unmentionable smells from the loo.

Too late - you mentioned them.
Sorry you're all having a  :poop: time
It sounds very appropriate in Ukrainian too:
Poorly tummy translates to
"Pohano zhyvit"

emjaybee

Quote from: Bob G on November 06, 2022, 09:10:20 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on November 06, 2022, 03:49:22 AM
Quote from: Bob G on November 05, 2022, 06:38:27 PM

Spent today with griping pain and unmentionable smells from the loo.

Too late - you mentioned them.
Sorry you're all having a  :poop: time
It sounds very appropriate in Ukrainian too:
Poorly tummy translates to
"Pohano zhyvit"

Well, as they say, " you're always in the zhyvit, it's only the depth that varies..."
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Trainfish

Sorry to moan on here, but I'm absolutely fed up with people whinging about the prices of things these days.
£1.50 for tea, £1.75 for coffee, £3 for a slice of cake and £2.50 per hour for parking.
Any more complaints and honest to god I will stop inviting people to my house!

Yes I know this could go in the joke section but I thought it could start its life here  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

TrevL

Shirley, you could get more for parking, that's cheap. :smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bealman

Don't you worry. When that big world championship cycling race was on in my town in September, local council banned local residents from making money out of charging for parking outside their place.

Bloody shame that. When the race went past the bottom of my street, they parked across me driveway anyway. Not that it really mattered... the race went past in a flash, then the parkers rakked off.

I wised up to the men's final, though, and stuck the bum of me car halfway out of the driveway  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

steve836

It always annoys me that people are allowed to race bikes on public roads but not cars. After all roads are financed by motor vehicles so bikes are guests and should behave as such.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Trainfish

Roads are actually financed through council tax not VED more commonly known as 'Road tax'. I do agree with your point though. We had the Tour of Britain through Devizes a few years ago and they were definitely doing more than 30mph near me and I hate to thing what speed they were doing in the 20mph zone near the school. Didn't stop at the pedestrian crossing either even though the kids kept pressing the button  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

javlinfaw7

To be fair the Formula 1 cars at Monaco were also doing more than 30 mph and not stopping for any thing

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

dannyboy

Well it's that time of year again. Yes, home insurance renewal time. I received the renewal quote, did my usual and checked a couple of other insurance companies, telephoned my provider - and got €40 knocked off! Why oh why do I have to contact them to get a bit knocked off? Why don't they just send me the cheaper quote in the first place?  ???. Yeh, yeh, I know - that's how they work. Still makes me unhappy that I have to do it every year.

Car insurance renewal due in a week or two ..........
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on December 05, 2022, 06:45:10 PM
Car insurance renewal due in a week or two ..........

And the same will apply i.e. they'll attempt to rip you off.
If I find a cheaper equivalent quote I just call the original insurer to say I won't be insuring with them and tell them I've been quoted cheaper. If they suddenly 'find' a loyalty bonus or some other excuse to match, then I just say 'No' as they tried it on. As you say, I expect their best quote - not what they think I will pay to avoid switching.

woodbury22uk

@dannyboy I know what you mean. When my wife died, the insurers put up the monthly premium by £1. We were both on the policy. When the renewal was due it came at some ridiculous high figure. So I challenged it. The sales agent struggled to explain that when we reran the numbers the quoted premium went down to about half of what I was paying when she was alive. Her being female and younger should have kept the premium down anyway. I now have insurance cheaper than for 20 years.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

dannyboy

Further to my comments in reply #2880

The car renewal quote has come through today by email. The figure quoted does not seem too bad, until you look at it in detail! Included in the cost is a €50 'renewal fee'  ???. I can not ever recall being charged a 'renewal fee' in the past - has anybody else had to pay a 'renewal fee'? I can understand a change of vehicle, or similar, fee, but this charge is a bit like Tesco charging me to enter their store to get some milk!  :o. Guess who will probably be changing insurance companies next month?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

My car registration is due in early January - $1000. I am ineligible for a state pension (I've been knocked back twice). Registration costs nowt for pensioners.  >:(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

Quote from: Bealman on December 10, 2022, 10:57:09 PM
My car registration is due in early January - $1000. I am ineligible for a state pension (I've been knocked back twice). Registration costs nowt for pensioners.  >:(
In the same boat, work all your life pay your taxes, save like we were taught, and then no pension cause you've been good and saved some money  :(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations