Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

I ended up with a 6 day stay in hospital due to catching covid when I went to get my first vaccination. Talk about ironic. Thank god for the NHS.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

Thanks George, I'm a trier if nothing else. I managed 3 beers spread out over the whole of yesterday evening/night which is the most I've had since this ruddy thing came along. Maybe I should try harder to kill it off with alcohol?

Sorry to hear that Malc but at least you made it out of there. Totally agree with the respect for the NHS. Easy for me to say having lived with a nurse for the past 23 years but hearing some of the stuff she has gone through in the paediatric area of the profession I really don't blame her for now taking the easier route towards full retirement by handing out vaccine doses a couple of times a week. Good on her  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Another 2 days passed, another positive. Line is definitely fainter this time so hopefully when I test again on Tuesday it will either be gone or nearly gone. I hope so as I'm going stir crazy here and want/need to get back to the gym  :thumbsup:

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Hiawatha

So the gym also has a location in your neighbourhood? ;)

Peter

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

Trainfish

I'm not updating my Covid status on this thread any more. This is why

Quote from: Trainfish on October 30, 2022, 03:57:24 PM
Another 2 days passed, another positive. Line is definitely fainter this time so hopefully when I test again on Tuesday it will either be gone or nearly gone. I hope so as I'm going stir crazy here and want/need to get back to the gym  :thumbsup:

John

<*))))><

stevewalker

I don't know what is going on tonight. I nipped out to pick up a take-away. During the journey there (about a mile), I was waiting at traffic lights, in the right turn lane, indicating right and when the lights went green, a black cab overtook me, on the wrong side of the road, nearly hitting an oncoming cyclist; then I had a dark car coming towards me, with no lights on; on the way back, I passed a van illegally parked on the zig-zags of a crossing, facing the wrong way, sticking out and with its headlights on, dazzling me on the approach to the crossing; then a double-decker bus crossed a mini-roundabout, entirely on the wrong side of the road.

Trainfish

Sounds like there's a new version of Grand Theft Auto out  :confused1:
John

<*))))><

Bealman

Or at the very least a full moon
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

steve836

Looks like Mancunians are learning London driving habits.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

Sounds like everyone was trying to avoid "The Purge" :worried:

Bob G

Oh dear. A bad couple of days in the BobG extended household.
First the man from AO didn't turn up at his promised time yesterday to deliver the new fridge freezer.

That meant Bob couldn't find his lunch in the freezer bags which were by now in the garden. Wife had gone off with refugee family for driving practice.

Then the cat ate a bee. Or at least tried to eat a bee. Got stung in the mouth. Quick trip to vets for a steroid jab up the bottom. The almost instant success of this treatment leads me to believe that we should all have one.

This morning Bob woke up with food poisoning. Blaming the fridge delivery man.
Spent today with griping pain and unmentionable smells from the loo.

And to top it all, the 4 year old fell over in the cow slurry on a visit to the farm opposite.  :*(  :*(  :*(  Not sure if this is the right thread or not for that event as it did bring a smile to my face as I lay in bed holding my still griping belly  :no: 

dannyboy

Well the saying goes that bad luck comes in threes and you have had your three. No wait, that's four ......oh dear!  ;)

(Hope the food poisoning thing is short lived).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bob G

Maybe the results were 3-1.
Definitely recommend Victoria sponge cake to soothe a poorly tum and make a fall in the sh*t quickly forgotten.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob G on November 05, 2022, 06:38:27 PM

Spent today with griping pain and unmentionable smells from the loo.

Too late - you mentioned them.
Sorry you're all having a  :poop: time

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations