Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus, JBQFC and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

The Q

Yep MK used to belong to Sainsbury's, three of them, none of the other big supermarket chains.
The day Tesco's opened in MK Sainsbury's dropped the price of a bag of sugar by 30p, it and a lot of other prices dropped and stayed down.

Newportnobby

Now if only someone could cause the same effect on Farish................................. :hmmm:

TrevL

Last Tuesday (12/04) I had full fibre fitted.  I didn't particularly want it, but my ISP was offering it at no cost increase so why not?  When I was getting broadband through the telephone wire, I was getting never less than 60Mbps at any time.  Since this so called upgrade, when it's working I get upto 75Mbps, but it is nowhere near as reliable. It sometime starts buffering, or dropping out completely, on quite a few occasions I can't even do a speed test 'cos it won't connect.  So much fror progress :(
Edit:  Mods, if this belongs in the computer sub forum, please feel free to move it there.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

geofff

For my 50th wedding anniversary my wife bought me a 2 car chocolate and cream Pullman, EMU. It ran really well up to Xmas when it started to stutter and resist first radius curves.

I contacted both the manufacturer and the retailer – the retailer broke the world record in the time he took to refuse any help. I then used the web contact form to contact the manufacturer. I received an instant acknowledgement of the contact form.

Between then and the beginning of April 2022 I spoke to the UK division on four occasions and was told each time that I need to wait as the European division need to contact me to resolve the problem. They never offered to put me through to the European division.

At the beginning of April 2022 I eventually received an e-mail from the European division asking me what the problem is with the model. I replied and they then said that it is a retailer's problem. I told the European division that the retailer refused to help.

Last week I had a very helpful e-mail from the European General Manager stating that he would arrange for the UK division to collect the model and investigate the problem.

The UK division contacted me and said that they would replace the model and arranged for a courier to collect the item from my home address. A few more administrative issues, but the courier collected the model and it was on its way.

I phoned the UK division on Wednesday to determine when I would receive the new model, only to be told that the couriers have lost it the item that I returned.

I have now been informed that another model is on its way and the couriers informed me that the model would arrive on 22nd April 2022 – yesterday. The courier website states that the item has yet to be collected from the UK division.

What else can go wrong?

Trainfish

Quote from: geofff on April 23, 2022, 11:58:51 AM
What else can go wrong?

They could send you a blue/grey version?  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Jon898

geofff

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

And photographed by Hermes too. Only it's not your bin, it's somebody else's  :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest10040

I gather that Herpes have rebranded themselves as Evri

as in evri parcel lost, delayed, misdelivered or damaged  :hmmm:

Graham

still waiting for notification my 320's have been despatched, the team at Revolution must be having real trouble sending to Aus at the moment.

stevewalker

After many years of good service, my satnav is getting past it. The holder falls off the windscreen, the microphone cable (for hands-free phone access) is fraying, the suckers for the cable are useless and the memory is too small to fully install the up to date maps. I don't want to use my phone, as I don't always carry it or the battery can be low, but a proper satnav can be kept in the car and always available.

I am not looking at the cheap end of the market - the old one over £400, but lasted about 14 years.

I have £97.50 of Tesco vouchers to put towards a new one ... but Tesco have recently stopped selling them! :(

Newportnobby

I bought my Siesta 7 years ago with a built in jobbie (optional extra). I guess the maps were out of date within a couple of years

steve836

I think you will find that dedicated satnavs are going the way of betamax etc. I never used one until recently and now use google maps on my phone. I know you say that you don't always carry your phone, but how about keeping a spare in the car mainly for use as a satnav, but would give friends and family a way to get hold of you in an emergency. I have a Samsung E20 with an account on 3 costs £22 per month and gives unlimited calls, texts and data.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations