Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

Quote from: joe cassidy on January 08, 2021, 11:49:16 AM
It's the same in France - government speak has variable geometry

Every announcement moves them half way to where they should be.  The problem if you always move just half the remaining distance you never get there.

Newportnobby

Like a fool I joined something called 'Next Door' which I thought would allow me to help others in my area and seek help where I needed it. All I see is the 'Twitface' type posts such as one bloke yesterday who posted "It was icy this morning"
No  :poop: Sherlock. Guess what - it's winter. Wake up and smell the coffee ::)
Just deactivated my account.

crewearpley40

Your better off @Newportnobby staying on this forum and helping all us lovely gauge modellers with your words of advice, ideas. What an idiot making that comment. I stood outside whilst on my saturday shopping as one man said " its ( censored word ) freezing. " again  i share the same thought wake up man, I  and 2 others are waiting due to a late delivery for the store to open

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 10, 2021, 08:51:33 PM
Like a fool I joined something called 'Next Door' which I thought would allow me to help others in my area and seek help where I needed it. All I see is the 'Twitface' type posts such as one bloke yesterday who posted "It was icy this morning"
No  :poop: Sherlock. Guess what - it's winter. Wake up and smell the coffee ::)
Just deactivated my account.

Next Door works well around here and you can pick up loads of freebies from people. I recently got a tile cutter and a mitre saw for the princely sum of nowt  :thumbsup:

We do get the odd one now and again like your icy comment but people ignore it and they go away.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Flippin' Brexit! I have a 'standing order' with Amazon for delivery of my coffee and have just received an email from them -

Dear Customer,

We apologise for the inconvenience, our priority is to ensure your subscriptions are delivered according to your delivery schedule.
However, due to changes in the trading relationship between the EU and UK, the product ...........  is no-longer available for auto-delivery to your address, therefore your subscription has been cancelled.

It is not the end of the world, I can buy the coffee elsewhere, (I hope!), but the price from Amazon was quite reasonable, plus there was the advantage of knowing it would be there. Now I have to find a supermarket or other supplier.  :(

Addit: I have just been checking Amazon. The products are still available, but of the four suppliers I checked, (including Amazon themselves), three will not post to Ireland and the fourth -  :censored: - the item cost was just over €24 PLUS €34 for postage.  :goggleeyes:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

dannyboy

I am back with another 'Brexit' moan! I have two packets due from the UK.  I have just received an email from AnPost stating that I have to pay VAT and a collection fee for a parcel being delivered from outside the EU.  The email states that the 'Customs Value' is €23.04, so VAT is €4.83 plus a collection fee of €3.50.  I can not work out what I have on order that has a value of €23.04, the nearest is an order from 'Rails', which cost me £32.00p. But, whatever it is, I have paid UK VAT on the two items from the UK, so I am paying both UK and Irish VAT. Surely the UK items should be sent VAT free. I know that there have been teething problems with Customs etc on goods coming from the UK to EU countries - in fact I read earlier this week, that approximately 20% of all goods leaving the UK can not do so, (or can not be admitted into Ireland), due to incorrect paperwork.  Governments and exporters have had four(?) years to prepare for Brexit.  :veryangry:. Once I get my parcel, I will be contacting the seller to ask why I have been charged UK VAT!  :censored:. Rant over. At least the collection fee is only €3.50.  :). (Apparently the maximum fee AnPost will charge is €10.00 depending on the parcels value).
David.

guest311

you are lucky, Robbing Mail charge £8 flat. :veryangry:

ImpInaBox

Not so much an unhappy post as a "Duh - what's the point?" post.  I just received an email from Rails announcing the "Bachmann Europe Combined 2021 Catalogue". 

I bought the 2019 Graham Farish catalog way back when I first started this lark and I'm still waiting for some of the stuff from that to get beyond the 'Due soon, pre-order now' stage!    :confused2:
Mike

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing badly.

Current layout project: Halfway - https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=48537.0

guest311

ordered some paints from Liverpool, and cause RM won't carry them, they got sent by DPD.

so instead of having to wait a couple of days, it's due next day.

get the e-mail 'Jamie will deliver your parcel between 11:59 and 12:59 today'.

what happens, he turns up at 11:57  >:(

you really can't get the staff these days  :veryangry:

of course he then can't give me my parcel till 11:59 cause his reader won't let him scan it before my one hour window  :censored:

luckily both Jamie and Craig, the two DPD drivers who deliver here, are lovely guys, and it's always a pleasure to chat to them, at a suitable distance of course, for a couple of minutes.

but it must be so frustrating for them.

ok, on this thread with tongue in cheek  :smiley-laughing:

Trainfish

I think I had a similar experience on Wednesday with Hermes. I had some beer delivered by Hermes. He pressed the doorbell (unusual as they usually tap on the door even though I have a sign asking them to use the doorbell), placed it on the outside doormat and stepped back. I answered the door and he greeted me with a cheery hello. All good so far. He then photographed the package and scanned the barcode. It didn't/wouldn't scan. He said he would have to call his manager and would call from his van. 10 minutes later he returned and told me that his manager said he should return the parcel to the depot. He told me he refused as the customer, me, was expecting the parcel and was happy to receive it. Of course I was happy, it was beer! So, he left it with me and apologised for the hassle. Poor sod has probably been sacked now for not doing as he was told but fair play to him for using common sense. 10/10 to the driver and 0/10 for his manager.

Erm, I'm unhappy with his manager which is why I'm on this thread.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on January 29, 2021, 01:28:37 AM
He pressed the doorbell (unusual as they usually tap on the door even though I have a sign asking them to use the doorbell)

I find any workmen or posties and even my brother-in-law completely ignore the doorbell and rap on the door ::) I make a point of opening the door and ringing the doorbell myself. If it doesn't work I know it needs new batteries and why they knocked. If it does work, it serves to make them look foolish >:D

Papyrus

I can understand delivery-beings reluctance to use the door bell. In my surveying days, I used to avoid using them them as well. I found the majority either didn't work, or were so quiet the occupant didn't hear. If there was a door-knocker, I used that every time, otherwise I would ring the bell AND knock on the door. I sometimes got funny looks, but at least they answered the door.

Cheers,

Chris

Dorsetmike

I don't have a door bell problem - don't have a doorbell! There's an entry phone at the main door into the building, that's the only way in if you don't have a key, the door into the flat just has a knocker.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

dannyboy

Quote from: Dorsetmike on January 29, 2021, 12:06:17 PM
I don't have a door bell problem

Neither do I - no door!  :).

Okay, I have a door, but do not have a letter box. Before I bought the special, secure delivery box from the post people, the postman usually put the mail in the car - I leave it unlocked during the day, (and at night if I forget  :doh:). Either that or it went through a small window that the cats use.
David.

Trainfish

The cats deliver the mail? Amazing  :goggleeyes:

John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations