Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Quote from: Browning 9mm on December 06, 2022, 09:33:45 AM
used to work with the coffee and vending machines where I worked years ago.

we referred to it as rebooting, rather than simple booting when things hung up and didn't drop.

well you couldn't work a 12 hr night shift without coffee, could you.

Who let you into this thread? You must be lost as you don't belong here  :smiley-laughing:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

I posted a small parcel to someone for their birthday which was 30.11. It was posted 1st class signed for on 26.11 and I was informed it arrived 8.12.
This is in the happy thread as I thought those RM (insert word here) had lost it

Dorsetmike

At least yours has been delivered, 2 parcels of model railway bits for me were sent from Norfolk on 28Nov,  I'm still waiting!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Malc

I posted a parcel to deepest Wales on Thursday afternoon. It turned up this morning. That's not bad going.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

Quote from: Malc on December 10, 2022, 12:01:02 PM
I posted a parcel to deepest Wales on Thursday afternoon. It turned up this morning. That's not bad going.

And, I believe, the posties were on strike yesterday.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

My wife ordered three items, 2 for our eldest son and one for a nephew, as Christmas presents. They were sent on 20th November and are still stuck somewhere in Evri's system :(

woodbury22uk

This morning at 11.18 I received an email from UPS telling me that my parcel from DMToys in Germany (ordered on Sunday) would be delivered tomorrow. Twenty minutes later the UPS driver dropped off the parcel. Saves me staying in tomorrow. Sorry if this grates with folk waiting for delayed packages.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Dorsetmike

I'm stil waiting for one posted in Norfolk on 28 Nov, on a supposed 24 hour tracked, it has finaly moved out of Norfolk and is now in Northampton; at this rate I should get it by next year.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

The Q

Amazon have just delivered today, but the postie still has a couple of overdue parcels .

Meanwhile,
Yes I'm happy, I retired today.

stevewalker

I'm getting confused. I ordered an item from Amazon yesterday and received an email from Paack today, telling me that delivery would be between 09:00 and 22:00 - except that it was sent at almost 11:00. Then I received an email from Amazon saying that it was delayed and would be 2 to 3 days late, despite Paack telling me that it was out for delivery!

It actually arrived at 20:00.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with a Royal Mail delivery, that was bought on the 12th, sent on the 14th and the sender was told that it'll take two weeks. Especially as another item I ordered was supposed to arrive by the 28th and arrived yesterday!

dannyboy

I received an email near lunchtime today from the company that I have my petrol acount with and normally get 4 cent/litre discount. The email said I could have 20 cent per litre off, but only between 1pm and 4pm today. Knowing that I would have been filling the car up tomorrow, whilst doing my usual Friday shop, I decided I would bring Friday forward to Thursday! I did my shopping and went for petrol, filled up and got my 20 cent per litre off. The one downside is that I could not use my account, so I didn't get the 4 cent off as well. (That's just being greedy David!  :telloff:) Plus, I could only squeeze 24 litres in, when I quite often put 30+ litres in. Still, I am not complaining.  :no: :). For those who might be interested, I paid €1.429 cpl, which at the current excage rate , is about £1.25p.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on December 15, 2022, 09:38:06 PM
For those who might be interested, I paid €1.429 cpl, which at the current excage rate , is about £1.25p.

:envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy:

stevewalker

£1.497 locally at the moment.

Browning 9mm

OK,
not my usual haunt....

but
this morning phoned again the surgery ...
got the helpful receptionist who put me on the emergency surgery list for a phone call from a gp between 12:00 and 13:00

13:50, call from gp, discussed SWMBO's condition,

"I need to come out to see her, could be quite late, but I WILL be out to see her."

ok, I'm a moaning old  :-X who takes any opportunity to gripe,

but there are still helpful staff in gp surgeries,
there are still overworked gp's who's first response is not 'call 111'

and I am VERY, VERY grateful for that fact

message ends.

Browning 9mm

update :

probably not really happy thread material...

doctor turned up about 17:00, thorough exam of SWMBO, and is concerned.

start standby meds straight away, increased doses of steroids, and a follow up prescription to follow tomorrow.

but

if no improvement in a couple of days, don't bother with 111, ring 999 and request an ambulance, advise doctor visited today and those are his instructions.

he'll phone me friday to see how she is.

he could not have been nicer, but you learn to read between the lines.

so, hopefully an improvement in the next 48 hours,

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations