Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil chris

I wish mine had reduced mine, they have just increased my direct debit by £60a month.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Papyrus

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 09, 2022, 11:13:27 AM

If I recall correctly everyone got a £400 reduction on their bills, and energy suppliers have split that over 6 months (Oct - Mar) hence the £67 a month reduction.
It's what then happens which is a concern :uneasy:

Oh pooh. You may be right, Mick. Perhaps I shouldn't feel so smug after all... Still, I am well in credit with my supplier, so I might see if I can get a further reduction.

Cheers,

Chris

Keith Bingham

Happy child watching the trains.
That's how it starts.

Me, my layout has stopped. In store because it has been designed out of the new room layout.
I am unhappy.

Newportnobby

Quote from: lil chris on October 09, 2022, 11:52:27 AM
I wish mine had reduced mine, they have just increased my direct debit by £60a month.

@lil chris You need to have a word with them as most folks I know have already been e mailed to advise of the 6 months reduced price totalling the awarded £400.

Nbodger

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 09, 2022, 09:39:46 PM
Quote from: lil chris on October 09, 2022, 11:52:27 AM

@lil chris You need to have a word with them as most folks I know have already been e mailed to advise of the 6 months reduced price totalling the awarded £400.

Suppliers are not necessarily reducing direct debits, they are taking the full amount as agreed with them, then refunding the portion of the £400 due. So check your bank accounts for the repayment

dannyboy

Here in Ireland, we are getting €600 - €200 in Nov/Jan/Mar. If my electricity company do the same as they did with the €200 credit given earlier in the year, the €200 is just shown as a credit on the bill. My latest bill is due in this week, so if there is not a reduction shown on my monthly Direct Debit, I will be making a telephone call!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Plus (at the moment) Senior Citizens will get their heating allowance in December...............just in time to spend on arriving pre orders

jpendle

My bank cancelled my debit card on Saturday.

Why is this in the Happy Thread?

They caught someone spending $500 at a coffee shop in New York, and someone else spending $500 on stuff in Englewood Colorado, etc, etc, etc.

All the transactions were blocked, so no harm done  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

And, I can pick up a new Debit card in person at my local branch on Tuesday, it would have been today but they are all closed for a Federal Holiday.

So I'm a happy chappy.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

GScaleBruce

Quote from: jpendle on October 10, 2022, 03:37:25 PM
They caught someone spending $500 at a coffee shop in New York

Good gracious. And I thought coffee in Starbucks was expensive...
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

port perran

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 10, 2022, 10:44:29 AM
Plus (at the moment) Senior Citizens will get their heating allowance in December...............just in time to spend on arriving pre orders
Are the HAP aware that you won't be spending your allowance appropriately?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

jpendle

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 10, 2022, 04:15:20 PM
@jpendle How did this shyster get their mitts on your card?

I've still got the card. I've no idea how they got the details  :(

I will be paying the balance on the fencing we're having done with a cheque though  ;)

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

dannyboy

Quote from: port perran on October 10, 2022, 04:25:22 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on October 10, 2022, 10:44:29 AM
Are the HAP aware that you won't be spending your allowance appropriately?

All Mick has to do is say that he is jumping for joy when his pre-orders arrive and that that is his way of keeping warm.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Graham

Always a happy time when the bank catches a fraud before you, there are no arguments that way. I was recently walking out of my local hardware store when the bank rang asking if I had just spent $800 in the US. They immediately cancelled the card and the replacement was here in 3 days.

Trainfish

After 14 days of feeling like crap and 6 positive test results I've finally got this! Still far from feeling 100% but it lifts the spirits at least  :beers:

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations