Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewalker

Just took out insurance on my kit car today and it was less than when I last insured it a few years ago - £124.92  :claphappy:

Unlike insurance for my daily driver, they break it down too - so £85 was for the insurance and the rest was brokers fees and government tax.

Now if I can just shift the 2 tonnes of concrete panels, that are in the way, tonight and get it to an MOT tomorrow, I can tax it and drive it  :(

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 11, 2021, 11:33:39 AM
It's my policy (soz) to never give a company a second chance. If they can't give me their best quote first time round then I assume they're just trying to rip me off. To suddenly them find a 'loyalty bonus' or other excuse is just so blatantly backtracking they can stick it.

I agree to an extent but if I can't find a cheaper quote than their revised quote then I'm happy to take it as all that matters to me is what I have left in my purse back pocket.

As for Saga, they rip you off on everything from what I've seen. They wanted to charge my late mum (she was alive at the time) twice as much as the local coach company for days out.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daffy

I'm waiting for my insurance renewal quote from M&S with the usual trepidation, and have just done the usual comparison site checks ahead of the game. Oddly I found that Lloyd's Bank quotes me about £30 less than Halifax Bank for exactly the same cover with the same insurer (LV). Even the quote question webpages are identical in all but colour (green for Lloyds, blue for Halifax). I say it's odd because of course both Halifax and Lloyds are part of the same banking group.
Go figure. :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Trainfish

Happy as I've finally sourced enough mk3 Swallow coaches (thanks Rails) to complete another totally Dapol HST rake. 8 now complete with just 2 to go I think  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

I think I may get banned from RMWeb  :claphappy:
John

<*))))><

GoesWhenReady

RMWeb... never joined it but browsed it occasionally. Never really got into OO stuff besides the sporadic Airfix kit or ancient Dublo model.
N gauge stuff is easier to freelance with.  :camera:
N is small and ideal for all.

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Trainfish on June 15, 2021, 01:26:36 AM
I think I may get banned from RMWeb  :claphappy:

You didn't criticise a manufacturer did you John??

You naughty naughty boy  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

I did see a notification that you'd replied to the Bachmann/Farish 69 thread, but then couldn't find your post  :hmmm: :hmmm:

Cheers

Neal.

guest311

SWMBO had her telephone follow up consult yesterday, and it turns out from the tests on the cancer they removed that she had two types of cancer, greedy cow  :-[, most people would be 'happy' with just one.

so why is this in the happy thread ?

she is being referred to the Sussex county hospital for a few weeks of chemo, though we do not know yet whether this will be just tablets, or the full on, hair falling out kind.

the consultant is however certain that there was no spread, and that they got it all out, so hopefully just a stop it coming back if it's lurking anywhere sort of chemo.

all in all, happy news  :thumbsup:

Trainfish

Just checked and yes, my post has been removed. I didn't criticise a manufacturer, I just said that some people needed to lighten up a bit, or words to that effect. That was only my second post ever on there, the other post was in 2013  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

emjaybee

I generally stay away from RMWeb unless I'm trying to find info.

My impression is you can berate others, be derogatory to others, insult others, but if you try to criticise anyone doing the above you're some sort of pariah.

All hail NGF, where we don't have that kinda crap.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

That post means a lot to us.

We try to do the right thing!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Apart from drinking VB you do generally do the right thing George  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Bealman

Don't you worry.

I've got a few beer posts coming your way mate  :)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on June 15, 2021, 11:56:55 AM
Don't you worry.

I've got a few beer posts coming your way mate  :)

I had to read that twice. First time I read it as:

Quote from: Bealman on June 15, 2021, 11:56:55 AM
Don't you worry.

I've got a few beers coming your way mate  :)
John

<*))))><

Bob G

Quote from: Trainfish on June 15, 2021, 11:52:00 AM
Apart from drinking VB you do generally do the right thing George  :thumbsup:

:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost:

Melbourne's finest LOL.
I'm a Cascade man myself. Tazzi Tiger Beer.
I mean to say - a marsupial tiger. Jeez. Wiki goes even further and I split my sides when I learnt that other family members include numbats, dunnarts, wambengers, and quolls. It is true to say that I have never seen any of these, but I do fancy a numbat.

Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations