Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

@lil chris
Don't miss the re run on ITV4, Chris. Helluva race!!!

Trainfish

I'm happy today as I sold my excess insulation board and now have room to move around in the garage again. And as a Brucie bonus the guy who bought it was Simon who owns The Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop so a 5 minute pickup took around an hour as we talked trains for most of the time  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Alcazar

Should I be happy or angry?

Saw something I liked on ebay today and decided to bid - for some reason I couldn't do it without registering. Registered, tried again, put in my bid, but kept getting thrown out and being asked to reenter my password. My bid was rejected because of some incomprehensible rule about paying at the checkpoint, which I could not follow, so I decided to log out and leave it at that. Five minutes later I get a message from ebay customer service saying that they thought that my activities were endangering the ebay community, and that my account was frozen and I was banned from buying and selling for life!

Peter

Newportnobby

Personally I'd be happy but, then again, I don't read the EBay Madness thread either and the number of items I've bought off EBay could be counted on the fingers of a Churchillian salute.
Sorry you lost out on something you wanted, though.

Bealman

Yeah, certainly wouldn't bother me either. I only tried it once and didn't have a clue what I was doing!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Just been out for a 12 mile pootle round some lanes on my motorsickle. Great to be out on it again after some battery problems. :D
Trouble is by the time I've donned jacket (c/w/ armour), jeans, boots, helmet, gloves etc I tend to be too hot before I even swing a leg over it

guest311

but I'm sure it's great to get your leg over again, after all this time  >:D

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 23, 2021, 01:11:29 PM
Just been out for a 12 mile pootle round some lanes on my motorsickle. Great to be out on it again after some battery problems.

You need lithium batteries Mick, I believe they last for years in a pacemaker  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

TrevL

At least he's getting his leg over :smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

He had to go 6 miles away for it though  :goggleeyes:
John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on April 23, 2021, 02:35:19 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on April 23, 2021, 01:11:29 PM
Just been out for a 12 mile pootle round some lanes on my motorsickle. Great to be out on it again after some battery problems.

You need lithium batteries Mick, I believe they last for years in a pacemaker  :thumbsup:

@Trainfish The ones in my S-ICD (internal defibrillator) are supposed to last 8 years or so and mine are 5 years old. Not looking forward to a battery change as there's no 'cover' to remove apart from slicing into me :worried:

Trainfish

You'd think they could just plug you in for a recharge these days wouldn't you? I suppose it could depend on whether you're on DC or DCC though. Shouldn't be a problem with sound though  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Dorsetmike

Get a USB socket installed, you could then recharge from your PC
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

paulbeckwith

wouldn't     like  to  think  where  the  usb  socket  would   go

paul

Jon898

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations