Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGP

Quote from: newportnobby on April 09, 2015, 09:05:31 PM
For anyone who missed the start of a new series 'Secret Britain' last night (BBC1) ?........ but the beautiful scenes from the Brecon Beacons were gob smackingly beautiful and left me feeling very happy (hence me posting it here) :thumbsup:
Your right Mick, for 6 months in the late 1980s I worked in Mid Wales and found the scenery in the Becons was fantastic.

Ray

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Trainfish on April 09, 2015, 06:14:45 PM
I never saw Rainbow (too young you see) but would love to see them. However, there were about 27* different band members so what would the line-up be?

And I always believed there were only 3 George, Zippy and Bungle...

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Quote from: REGP on April 09, 2015, 09:29:00 PM
For anyone who missed the start of a new series 'Secret Britain' last night (BBC1) ?........ but the beautiful scenes from the Brecon Beacons were gob smackingly beautiful and left me feeling very happy (hence me posting it here) :thumbsup:
Your right Mick, for 6 months in the late 1980s I worked in Mid Wales and found the scenery in the Becons was fantastic.

Ray

If you didn't see it, Ray, try and catch it somehow as I'm sure there were many locations only a few know about and most have never been to.

paulprice

HAHAHAHA my fleet has increased by 3 locomotives, so I am enjoying the happiness until the Domestic Overlord finds out, then I'm in trouble.... :angel:

goodbye cruel world goodbye

dannyboy

For anyone who missed the start of a new series 'Secret Britain' last night (BBC1) I would heartily recommend trying to get it on Catch Up or the like. Not all that keen on the presenters,
Methinks you need to borrow my glasses NPN, Ellie Harrison is gorgeous! (I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder - I would not mind 'beholding' her  :smiley-laughing:   :laugh3:) David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

railsquid

Reading this thread on RMweb (title: "Should all OO RTR be designed for minimum radius running?") and feeling smug about N  8)

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on April 10, 2015, 01:34:34 AM
For anyone who missed the start of a new series 'Secret Britain' last night (BBC1) I would heartily recommend trying to get it on Catch Up or the like. Not all that keen on the presenters,
Methinks you need to borrow my glasses NPN, Ellie Harrison is gorgeous! (I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder - I would not mind 'beholding' her  :smiley-laughing:   :laugh3:) David.

Must admit she fills a wet suit very well, David :heart2: :drool:

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on April 10, 2015, 10:22:24 AM

You will all go blind  8)  >:D  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Bob Tidbury

I'll risk one eye,
Bob

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on April 10, 2015, 10:55:22 AM

Quote from: newportnobby on April 10, 2015, 10:22:24 AM

You will all go blind  8)  >:D  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Sorry, John. For some reason I had to squint quite hard to read your post :-[

Agrippa

I'd never heard of Ellie Harrison so I googled her (stand by for Sid James
type dirty laugh). She seems a most estimable young woman.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Agrippa

It means worthy of admiration and high regard, so it's
all ok. She's certainly better looking than Jo Brand
or Janet Street Porter, then again the Elephant Man's
better looking than them.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

DELETED

So the glorious weather continues this week, still out of work but picked up 2 days "drivers mate" helping with deliveries Wednesday and Friday (today).  Was into places like "Skibo Castle" on Wednesday.

Up in the wilds today -cross country up north and everywhere and the very best weather to see it!  Up by Scapa flow and back down again!  Not the job I want and pay is peanuts but work is work and so awesome to see that part of the country again after 6-7 years since last time!!

...Anyone who has seen the moorland fires on the news past couple of days well we went through allot of them today.  Most of the hills had some form of fire on them, still can't believe we get wild fires in Scotland!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-32247821

...Meanwhile still hopeful of my potential job in Barrow (as long as SNP don't screw things up).  Had solicitor round on Tuesday for a valuation on my flat and we think it's worth 10-12k more than I originally thought so happy days :claphappy:  Just need the job offer now which I'm not sure now will come now the election is heating up.

BTW:  For what it's worth I find pretty much any programme with Ellie Harrison, DR Alice Roberts, Miranda Krestovnikoff and Katie Humble to be highly educational and very watchable, compulsory viewing almost  :foodanddrink: :dighole:

Trainfish

Good luck with the job hunting RST, I know what it's like looking for one. Meanwhile enjoy the views on your days out and remember that although it's not much at least you're getting paid something for sitting on your bum  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations