Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

Im not keen on changing my age numbers round that would mean I will be 86 on Saturday it's bad enough being 68 although the alternative is not being here at all, and I want to see my second grandchild in August and of course my Poppylino for my birthday in 2016 it was fine when I was 65 then if reversed I would have been only 56 but things went down hill after that .
Bob

Trainfish

Bob, by my rules you're allowed to use whatever order you want to whenever you want to  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on March 03, 2015, 01:27:59 PM
Well if Mick can be 16 (oops) and I can be 5 then yes  :claphappy:

Oh, to be able to go back a couple of years to when I was 16 :angel:

Bob Tidbury

Trainfish ,If that's the rule can I add the two together and be 14 again on Saturday ,I wonder if I would make the same mistakes again ,BUT the most worrying thing is would I have met my wonderful wife and have the family and house I now have plus my shed and layout and loco collection.
On second thoughts I think I'll stay as I am and be what I am ,A very happy 33 year married  68 year old fogey , with a great  family.
Bob

Trainfish

Yep, 14 isn't a problem. You can do anything you want with the 2 numbers apart from minus 1 from the other so the oldest you'll ever be if you want to be is 18  :thumbsup:

You can of course stay as you are if you want or you can apply the formula to your wife too. Just be careful that you use the right numbers or you may not make it to your next number if she finds out.

I'm getting confused myself now so just to stay on topic here's a  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

ozzie Bill.

Mate of mine was 46 for years, til someone at work called him out on it and he said 'no, I'm not 46, that's the year I was born". So now, I am 56 and have been so for a few years. Reckon I'll stick with that counting method for a good few years yet! Cheers, Bill.

Newportnobby

Oh good - suddenly I'm 53 (not 1853, Trainfish :no:)

Bob Tidbury

Trainfish I have decided to remain 68 on Saturday because Val was born in 1955  so if you work that out and I change her age around I might get arrested as a paedophile and I'm catagoricaly not one so as I say I'm very happy to stay at 68
Although I might get shot for telling everyone how old she is women like to keep thier age a secret and you would never no how old she was ,if you ever meet her you would think she was in her late 40s the way she runs about looking after me and the family and working so hard at the hospital where she works
I'm really happy I found her and don't want to loose her she's an Angel,and I don't know what I'd do without her.
Bob

Trainfish

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on March 03, 2015, 11:07:53 PM
................. you would never no how old she was ,if you ever meet her you would think she was in her late 40s the way she runs about looking after me and the family and working so hard at the hospital where she works
I'm really happy I found her and don't want to loose her she's an Angel,and I don't know what I'd do without her.
Bob

Was she looking over your shoulder when you wrote that?  :D
John

<*))))><

Bob Tidbury

No Trainfish it is really my own words and I mean every one,
We had better close this or we will get told of for getting off topic a little although I'm very very happy.
Bob

Bealman

Who's grovelling for a Blue Pullman collector's pack then  :D ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Quote from: Bealman on March 04, 2015, 10:04:37 AM
Who's grovelling for a Blue Pullman collector's pack then  :D ;)

Not a clue, old chap! Not a clue! ;)

Dave G

REGP

Feeling rather chuffed, I had a Kato #6 point that would not work. Thought I had got paint in the works when painting the track.

So after a deep breath and took it apart to find it totally clean inside but the rod operating the slider had become detached from its pivot point and the slider.

After a lot of tinkering attempts managed to replace it. And now have a fully operational point without having to spend £15-for a new one.

Ray

Malc

Quote from: REGP on March 05, 2015, 02:11:06 PM
Feeling rather chuffed, I had a Kato #6 point that would not work. Thought I had got paint in the works when painting the track.

So after a deep breath and took it apart to find it totally clean inside but the rod operating the slider had become detached from its pivot point and the slider.

After a lot of tinkering attempts managed to replace it. And now have a fully operational point without having to spend £15-for a new one.

Ray
Unfortunately, Ray, it is not uncommon for this to happen. If you forget to set the point and run a loco on to it, then remember to change the point, it can cause just that problem as the operating rod really needs to be 5mm longer.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

Quote from: REGP on March 05, 2015, 02:11:06 PM
Feeling rather chuffed

Ray
Your little picture looks quite 'chuffed' too  ;D
David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations