Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Papyrus on December 04, 2014, 12:37:43 PM
(he says, crossing fingers...) and a huge boot. Highly recommended.

Chris

Wouldn't you need a pair of huge boots to cross them? :confused2:

Michael Shillabeer

Quote from: Tdm on December 03, 2014, 10:28:22 PM
VW own Skoda - which is why the quality and reliability has gone up and some of the parts are shared between VW and Skoda models.
VW also own Audi, Seat and Bentley

I've heard of Audi owners cross referencing Audi part numbers with Seat part numbers and buying identical spares from Seat for much less!

I wonder how many components are shared between Bentley and Skoda... lol

Best regards
Michael

mr bachmann

the jokes on me now , cos' 20 years ago  I nearly bought a Skoda but settled for the 750 Robin  , the plastic pig is still with me , in its original condition without the steering mod and gets through the MOT with out being noticed !   

daveg

Quote from: mr bachmann on December 04, 2014, 03:56:39 PM
the jokes on me now , cos' 20 years ago  I nearly bought a Skoda but settled for the 750 Robin  , the plastic pig is still with me , in its original condition without the steering mod and gets through the MOT with out being noticed !

Cool!

Do you still have the originally supplied outriggers/stabilisers?  :D

Dave G

DesertHound

Quote from: Trainfish on December 04, 2014, 01:19:30 AM
I went in to Halfords the other day. I said I'd like an air freshener for my Skoda. The guy said that sounds like a fair swap, handed me an air freshener and took the keys from me!

The best laugh I've had all day Trainfish - hilarious!

Thumbs up to the "non-train" topics we have on this forum - they provide for light entertainment within our community.

Like the twin exhaust wheelbarrow one aswell!

With all this going on I've forgotten who actually bought the car (the nice red one) - anyway, enjoy it, I'm sure it's going to be fantastic, and when driving it along you can allow yourself a wry smile at our humour!

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

daveg

Quote from: DesertHound on December 04, 2014, 08:15:35 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on December 04, 2014, 01:19:30 AM
I went in to Halfords the other day. I said I'd like an air freshener for my Skoda. The guy said that sounds like a fair swap, handed me an air freshener and took the keys from me!

The best laugh I've had all day Trainfish - hilarious!

Thumbs up to the "non-train" topics we have on this forum - they provide for light entertainment within our community.

Like the twin exhaust wheelbarrow one aswell!

With all this going on I've forgotten who actually bought the car (the nice red one) - anyway, enjoy it, I'm sure it's going to be fantastic, and when driving it along you can allow yourself a wry smile at our humour!

Dan

'Twas me, Dan!

It's good here, ain't  it?  :wave:

I'm now confused about the courtesy lights either staying on or not coming on at all - no not candles Mr B but real electric lights.

Someone is bound to tell me it's an RTFM problem!!  :P

Dave G

Trainfish

My mate bought one of those new 16 valve Skodas. There were 4 in the engine and 12 in the radio!

Someone may need to explain that one to any youngsters.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on December 04, 2014, 08:45:34 PM

I'm now confused about the courtesy lights either staying on or not coming on at all - no not candles Mr B but real electric lights.

Dave G

There's usually a 3 way slider switch in the roof.
1. Lights on all the time
2. Lights off all the time
3. Lights come on when the doors are opened.

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on December 05, 2014, 10:58:23 AM
Quote from: daveg on December 04, 2014, 08:45:34 PM

Dave G

There's usually a 3 way slider switch in the roof.
1. Lights on all the time
2. Lights off all the time
3. Lights come on when the doors are opened.

Cheers Mick

Popped into the dealers as I was out that way. It wasn't just me - a fiddle about has got the things behaving the way they should, i.e. going out once you close the doors/hatch.

Whatl I need now is to get that Sir Nigel Grisley-Grumpy running without wanting to fall over at the sight of a point/change of direction.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Hi Dave,
This is off topic but see if this is the problem...........
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=6732.msg77207#msg77207

If it is, you can post in the Happy section again :D

Tdm

Well there are several reasons why I am feeling in a better frame of mind tonight.

1) A number of engines that had stopped running I was able to fix by cleaning out a fair bit
    of rubbish that collected in their bogies.
2) Got a call from Bob at BRLines who can provide me with some driveshafts I need for
     my Class 31, and parts for my EWS liveried Class 37 to make it work again.
3) Managed to put together most of my Faller viaduct kit without breaking any pieces.
4) Completed changes to my layout with most of my locomotives able to run successfully
     round it.
5) Helped the misses put up our Xmas indoor decorations, and they do look good.
6) Got a call from our travel agent to say the tickets for our New Year cruise to the
    Caribbean were ready for collection.

Not a bad day all in all, although it did rain for a short while which is quite unusual, but the
  temperature is still 24 degrees Celsius.

railsquid

Finally cleared out a little tray of miscellaneous thingies which has been knocking around for years, its contents ranging from an old pair of glasses to a screwdriver with a broken handle, via a collection of random bicycle equipment including a defunct bell. It has now been repurposed to hold my collection of new and half-used tubes of glue.

MinZaPint

Being an electrical numpty (that's on DC!) I got my circuit laid and had decided to use Electrofrog points all round for smooth running but had forgotten about the additional isolation needed  :-[ gradually got things sorted to find that I had "painted myself into a corner" with 2 opposing points  :'(  :-[ well I didn't want to rip that section up so decided to try and add an extra feed, soldering is another "Bete noir" but I had bought a new iron with a small tip and decided to have a go, couple of trial runs and

Which I'm pretty pleased with as a first effort and it works! so  :beers: are in order.
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Newportnobby

Well done, David :thumbsup:
Are you likely to be in the Lancashire area very soon? :D

Geoff

We received our new oven yesterday, what a fantastic service we have had from AO.com ordered friday and delivered Saturday on free delivery, I shall be using them again if anything else goes up the swannie river.

:bounce:
Geoff

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations