Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on November 04, 2014, 11:21:37 AM
Still, saved a fortune on hairdressers.... :sorrysign:

Jerry

You have the same wicked sense of humour as I have Jerry  :D

When my mate was going through chemo and lost all of his hair, I bought one of the "bald wigs" and wore it when I visited him in hospital.  He could not stop laughing even though the hospital staff were not as amused  ::)

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on November 04, 2014, 11:21:37 AM
Mrs "H" had the last chemo session yesterday  :bounce:

We have 5 weeks of the radiotherapy to go but at least the unpleasant side effects should begin to dissipate. 

Jerry

That's really good news, Jerry :claphappy:
Hopefully Mrs H will be back to battering you in the normal fashion very soon :D ;)

Newportnobby

What an incredible sight! :goggleeyes:
I've just seen literally hundreds of geese flying over my abode in their usual loose 'V' formations. The noise as they chatted was also wonderful. Shame I couldn't get to my camera in time but I feel somehow privileged to have seen this spectacle.

Trainfish

Watched a great video this morning. It was the journey of a small camera going about 3 feet (I think) inside my body entering from you know where. Just 1 polyp removed and sent away which is better than the 5 or 6 last time. Hopefully will get the all clear in a few days  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bob Tidbury

Hi Trainfish hope that you get the all clear.
That is one video we don't want to see .
All the best.
Bob

Newportnobby

Journey to The Centre of the Trainfish :o

Good luck, and please let us know the results :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

QuoteWhat an incredible sight! :goggleeyes:
I've just seen literally hundreds of geese flying over my abode in their usual loose 'V' formations. The noise as they chatted was also wonderful. Shame I couldn't get to my camera in time but I feel somehow privileged to have seen this spectacle.

Many people are looking very seriously at the possibility of commercial airliners flying in the same formations to achieve similar drag reductions and thus fuel savings.

As this video shows, there is no inherent problem in flying such aircraft in formation:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2tsjeV7uNQ

:thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Jon898

Quote from: Trainfish on November 05, 2014, 01:28:40 PM
Watched a great video this morning. It was the journey of a small camera going about 3 feet (I think) inside my body entering from you know where. Just 1 polyp removed and sent away which is better than the 5 or 6 last time. Hopefully will get the all clear in a few days  :thumbsup:

Wild geese and the sound they make is sometimes referred to as "gabble ratchet", which makes sense if you've experienced a field full of them getting each other worked up enough to fly off.  That was a common experience in autumn when I kept a boat on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland...the sound could be deafening and the sky would go dark when they flew...magnificent!  Geese are also called "Gabriel's hounds" as they sound like a pack of hounds in full cry, and the legend was that they were the souls of unbaptized children wandering the sky until Judgement Day...shades of Halloween.

Trainfish

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 05, 2014, 02:11:56 PM
Hi Trainfish hope that you get the all clear.
That is one video we don't want to see .
All the best.
Bob

I asked for a copy but the doctor said they didn't have the facilities to make one  :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Sprintex

Don't envy you having that done, I have to go through it too every five years due to family history - nice it ain't! :goggleeyes:

I did ask last time if they were posting it on Youtube :D

Paul

EDIT: Thinking about it "Youtube" takes on a whole different meaning in this context ;)

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Sprintex on November 06, 2014, 07:07:19 AM
Don't envy you having that done, I have to go through it too every five years due to family history - nice it ain't! :goggleeyes:

Strange how you never see used examples of those cameras on eBay :goggleeyes:

MikeDunn

Quote from: newportnobby on November 05, 2014, 10:04:20 AM
IIRC, you live reasonably close to one of the Wetlands reserves, yes ?  Went there years back with SWMBO, when we stayed with her brother a few nights ... well worth a visit  :thumbsup:  This time of year, they'll not only have the geese coming in, but the swans too ... now that is something to see, as well  !!!

Oldun

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on November 06, 2014, 07:41:30 AM
Strange how you never see used examples of those cameras on eBay :goggleeyes:

Not 'used'  :worried: but, do you mean like this item  :goggleeyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360699447402?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D360699447402%26_rdc%3D1

I have one similar that needs a laptop as the screen. Very useful when working on vehicles
to look inside things or into awkward places :)

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Newportnobby

Quote from: MikeDunn on November 06, 2014, 09:12:07 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on November 05, 2014, 10:04:20 AM
IIRC, you live reasonably close to one of the Wetlands reserves, yes ?  Went there years back with SWMBO, when we stayed with her brother a few nights ... well worth a visit  :thumbsup:  This time of year, they'll not only have the geese coming in, but the swans too ... now that is something to see, as well  !!!

Yup - I'm pretty close to Martin Mere Wetlands sanctuary. A few more stragglers came over this morning. Nice to be on the flightpath :thumbsup:

Trainfish

Quote from: Sprintex on November 06, 2014, 07:07:19 AM

Paul

EDIT: Thinking about it "Youtube" takes on a whole different meaning in this context ;)

Lucky you, mine is every 2 years partly due to family history and partly due to me having a bit of a scare 3 years ago. If I'm honest with you I think the day before is worse, no food and I HATE vanilla! (Paul and others will know what I mean by that, others may not)
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations