Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

You must be the only one on this forum to have a sofa (and a small red car) in your railway room  :)

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jpendle

Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

grumbeast

So I've been away from the forum for a month, (travelling for both good (seeing my Daughter in Calgary) and bad (Burying my best friend of over 40 years in Caerphilly)).  While in Calgary I visited trainsandsuch a WONDERFUL model railway store and while most of the N scale (N gauge) is Canadian, the second hand shelves had some wonderful UK stuff from long ago.  Obviously someone's collection, unfortunately pocket money was limited as there were some really nicely done GWR kit built (brass) coaches that I would've loved to have picked up.  What I did get however, for just CDN$50 was 5 old grafar pullman cars to go with my old grafar Channel Packet .. I think that was a steal and they just look awesome!!

While over in Wales (it was a very short very difficult trip) I got away for some quiet time and popped into Lendons in Cardiff, a store I haven't been in since the mid 1980s, it seemed exactly the same as it was then but I did manage to get something I've needed for Aberffilli .. an Autocoach to go with my 56XX when its not hauling coal

Bealman

A great buy! Those Pullman carriages are very hard to get hold of, I'm led to believe.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Foxhound

Picked up this NSE 33/1 pre-owned and it runs rather nicely...

Layout is now being slowly resurrected so expect to see progress reports at some point in the future.
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Roy L S

My latest acquisition, one of the new batch of Farish 4Fs, Late Crest, weathered and sound fitted. It runs like a Swiss watch, smooth and silent with no sound* sound switched off, lovely and controllable too. It looks the part and for a factory job the weathering is really decent and the sound file is excellent  :)

The only thing I have done is added a crew as I always do with the more open cabbed locos.

Roy

*corrected following feedback from @Newportnobby  :P

Newportnobby

Quote from: Roy L S on March 24, 2023, 02:26:50 PM
My latest acquisition, one of the new batch of Farish 4Fs, Late Crest, weathered and sound fitted. It runs like a Swiss watch, smooth and silent with no sound ................and the sound file is excellent  :)

@Roy L S Sure it doesn't need to be returned, Roy? ;) ;)

Dancess

I too bought a sound fitted 4F on my visit to UK, goes well with my others!

Just wish they would do a LMS built version.
S&D lives on - sort of!

Platy767

Quote from: Dancess on March 24, 2023, 09:09:06 PM
Just wish they would do a LMS built version.

Do you mean left hand drive, or just LMS lettering and numbering?

Mark

Dancess

Left Hand Drive version. I have an earlier Farish version that I am trying to convert to coreless motor and DCC . Also have a kit built Fowler tender.
S&D lives on - sort of!

Roy L S

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 25, 2023, 04:41:30 AM
They do an LMS version and it's at dealers now. Looks like purely sound fitted, though.........

https://www.bachmann.co.uk/product/category/160/mr-3835-4f-with-fowler-tender-4057-lms-black-%28mr-numerals%29/372-063sf

The non-sound version arrived a couple of months ago or thereabouts, it is already out of stock at Bachmann HQ and a fair few retailers. Not a surprise given the lack of steam available over the last five or so years especially from Farish.

Roy

emjaybee

Quote from: Roy L S on March 25, 2023, 07:07:51 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on March 25, 2023, 04:41:30 AM
They do an LMS version and it's at dealers now. Looks like purely sound fitted, though.........

https://www.bachmann.co.uk/product/category/160/mr-3835-4f-with-fowler-tender-4057-lms-black-%28mr-numerals%29/372-063sf

The non-sound version arrived a couple of months ago or thereabouts, it is already out of stock at Bachmann HQ and a fair few retailers. Not a surprise given the lack of steam available over the last five or so years especially from Farish.

Roy

Hells teeth! Looking at the price I can only assume they mastered real steam!

:goggleeyes:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23