Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnlambert

Remember this DMU from mid-June?

It's back, and thanks to my wonderful other half, it now looks a little different.  The paint job was done by West Coast Resprays, the quality of work speaks for itself and the customer service was superb.

jrb

johnlambert

Quote from: jrb on July 27, 2016, 07:31:43 PM
Is it still a DMU if it's single car?

Yes, if it is fitted for multiple working :)

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jrb

Quote from: johnlambert on July 27, 2016, 07:37:03 PM
Quote from: jrb on July 27, 2016, 07:31:43 PM
Is it still a DMU if it's single car?

Yes, if it is fitted for multiple working :)

Thanks. I had always wondered!

marco neri

:hellosign:
Finally arrived at Narnia station.....a very beautiful steamer.

Cheers

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Caz

One of Hatton's Dapol bargains, only £76.

Here she is in all her glory, D6326 and even better she was known to have run on the Fairford Branch, albeit only goods between Oxford and Witney as far as I can tell.  She's now fitted with a driver at both ends and has Class 9 (stopping goods) disc head codes applied.

One word of warning:  When first received it wasn't a brilliant runner, wouldn't go from forward to reverse without a nudge and stalled occasionally.   :(   

Reason was both the bogie pickups and the phosphor bronze contacts they rub on were badly corroded plus the bogie side of the pickups had a lot of black gunk on them, guess it was old grease.  Once degreased and all corrosion removed she runs brilliantly, in fact now one of my quietest and smoothest runners.  Next job will be to order another sound decoder for her.

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

DJM Dave

Hi Caz,

I'm looking forward to seeing / hearing your sound conversion on the 22.
Have you thought about taking a valance or 2 off as well?

I've done it on a couple, putting 1 back tilted slightly.
The chassis is partially modelled behind and only needs a little work to improve that area, then dry brush weathering.

Could add something extra to your loco if you have a couple?
Cheers
Dave
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

Caz

Quote from: DJM Dave on July 30, 2016, 12:35:09 PM
Hi Caz,

I'm looking forward to seeing / hearing your sound conversion on the 22.
Have you thought about taking a valance or 2 off as well?

I've done it on a couple, putting 1 back tilted slightly.
The chassis is partially modelled behind and only needs a little work to improve that area, then dry brush weathering.

Could add something extra to your loco if you have a couple?
Cheers
Dave

Here you go Dave, here's one I did earlier.   ;)   I've now got 3 Class 22's and fitted the first one when they came out but since modified the wiring etc to take individual control of all the lighting including having separate front and rear control.  Now don't have to have the red rear on when loco is pulling a train.   :)

Here's how I control it:-

F0f is the loco front white light
FOr is the loco back white light
So F0 directionally controls the loco white lights dependant on direction of travel

F4  directionally set, controls the loco front and rear red lights using Zimo pads FO1 and FO2 (green and brown wires).  Turn F4 off and no rear red light on loco.

F5  directionally set, controls the cab lights using Zimo pads FO3 and FO4.

F3 controls the Zimo uncoupling shuffle for use with the Dapol EasiShunt couplings.

I was initially going to put the extra light keys on high F numbers and so used Swiss Mapping but in the end for ease of use used the lower numbers and shifted what was there to higher numbers.  That's the beauty of Zimo decoders you can move things around quite easily,

John at YouChoos supplied the Zimo MX648 with a Class 22 sound set.

Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

DJM Dave

Lovely, thanks for sharing.
Was there much milling involved?
Cheers
Dave
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

Caz

Absolutely none at all.  A little bit of carvery and a large hammer to squeeze it all in  :).  Really must get around to doing a tutorial on this, Zimo sound in the Dapol pannier plus a CT sound decoder in a Jinty.  Awaiting delivery of the Farish 64xx to see what I can do with that.
Caz
layout here
Hackton info
Bampney info

dannyboy

Quote from: Caz on July 30, 2016, 05:55:13 PM
  Really must get around to doing a tutorial on this,

I and am sure a few others, would like to see a tutorial please Caz. If nothing else, it will be something else to file away for future reference.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

GScaleBruce

Oops...

These aren't Deutsche Bahn... wonder how they'll fit on Steinheim am Main...
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

railsquid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations