Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hailstone

just before Christmas, I bought a set of 10 weathered 20 ton mineral wagons from Dalteth on the N'porium and have only just got round to trying them out, having re wheeled them with Farish metal wheel sets (I don't like Peco plastic wheel sets, too many of them don't run true and make the wagon wobble) so here are a couple of photos of them under test (Thanks Dalteth!).

Regards,

Alex

MalcolmInN

Best wishes Peter and Mick, some of us ( me ! ) may not have the best command of words etc. to express, but we are   thinking of/for you.

and on my "Show latest" bench :-

This is her ( ? ! ) new for Xmas Farish Standard Class 5mt  with our ( her ?!) new Ais Gill signal box on my embryo Inglenook plank.

It is a long time since I used my humble little bridge camera in macro and I think something is wrong but cant put a finger on it,
it seems to me that either Ais Gill people are very small or Silloth engine shed is very large ?
But if I made the shed any lower the locos would not go init !
yet the hand rail round the box is a scale 3ft so I dunno, does the camera lie ?

EDIT
and for double-check here is a 3/4 view of shed,

I suppose I could shave off a foot or thereabouts of the height of the shed, but even so , , , ? :-\

Hailstone

Quote from: newportnobby on December 30, 2015, 09:09:18 PM
Very nice rake, Alex. All you need now is another 20 - 30 of them ;)

I actually have another 47 of various sizes

Regards,

Alex

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tdm on December 30, 2015, 06:15:56 PM
All the best for the New Year Peter & Mick - out of interest Mick are you going into Chorley Hospital or Sharoe Green, Preston for your Op?

Neither, Terry :no:
It's Blackpool for me - sink of Bohemian depravity :help:

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on December 30, 2015, 09:51:31 PM
sink of Bohemian depravity
I thort that was Notting Hill, leastways it was in the '60s

railsquid

Quote from: johnlambert on December 30, 2015, 10:41:43 AM
Quote from: railsquid on December 30, 2015, 12:58:57 AM
Consumption of more cider and the resultant convivial discussion lead to general agreement that a railway can never have too many Mk1 coaches, especially of the very nice Blue Riband kind. Here some InterCity-liveried ones which, with the controls on the railway's recently discovered Era Control Console (produced, it seems, by an obscure Japanese company called Ruuruwan), can be used on 1980's steam-hauled excursions from Marylebone to the West Midlands.

Also WR "Siphon G" and (barely visible) a SR "Bogie B" vans to provide extra luggage space for the anticipated increase in passenger traffic.

Looks like I'll need some of those InterCity coaches and a valanced version of Mallard when it is released...
I swear the more I investigate, the more I find that reality is more Rule 1 than Rule 1 itself.

daveg

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on December 30, 2015, 04:14:40 PM
Quote from: petercharlesfagg on December 30, 2015, 03:55:57 PM
Friens,

Trying to think positively and to a future, I have just ordered one of these locomotives as a treat!

http://www.petersspares.com/graham-farish-371165-class-374-37407-loch-long-br-blue-large-logo-n-gauge.ir

Regards, Peter.

Glad to hear it, Peter! I wish you many, many happy hours with your new purchase :) After the time you've had, you deserve a treat!

Ditto!

Dave G

GeeBee

Quote from: newportnobby on December 30, 2015, 05:17:06 PM
As someone due to have a major heart operation in 8 days time thinking positive is a must, Peter.
I have a Poppylino to look forward to and don't want the vouchers I've amassed at Rails to go unspent, either ;)

I had not realised that it was that close Best Wishes from Pam and myself.

d-a-n

[smg id=33684]

[smg id=33685]

Christmas and birthday presents from Mrs d-a-n

leachsprite4

A few recent gifts rather than purchases:

A lovely full break (thanks to all involved in its design and manufacture) the milk tank is attached purely for effect.

A green BSK (also a Green SK and SO arrived but I didn't take picture)

A very grubby Gresley (it got dirty as soon as I opened it  :D)

Updates in my layout folder sooner.

Graham

austinbob

Just received a pre-owned as new and boxed Graham Farish B1 372-076 early emblem from Rails of Sheffield ebay site.
You could not tell this is not brand new - and all for an accepted offer of £65
Rails also offer a warranty on their second hand ebay stuff.
Brilliant
[smg id=33797 type=preview align=center caption="Graham Farish B1 372-076"]

:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Nice buy, Bob. If it runs as well as my weathered late crest version you must be well pleased.

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on January 06, 2016, 12:26:40 PM
Nice buy, Bob. If it runs as well as my weathered late crest version you must be well pleased.
Seems a good runner. I'm well pleased.
And again - good luck with the op.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

austinbob

Last of the Xmas money spent.
Bought 2nd hand Graham Farish V2 class no 60807 early crest
Looks as good as new and after a quick wheel clean it runs fine.
Another bargain from Rails of Sheffield ebay shop at £60. They really are worth checking out for bargains.

[smg id=33885 type=full align=center caption="Class V2 No. 60807"]

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations