Would You Be Interested In An NGF 10 Year Wagon/Van? - available now!,

Started by Tank, January 01, 2021, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strain

I'm in.  An NGF 10 year wagon/van (not bothered which) is a great idea and I wish it every success.

Markthetog

I'd definitely like a Wagon, Hopper or Van. At the end of the day I'm sure it won't cost more than a few pints (anyone remember Pubs?) so even if it gathers dust it'll be a nice souvenir.
Love the various fictitious firm names!

jml3p

Hi,

I would be very keen to get a wagon - thank you.

Luke Piewalker

I've got my OG NGF hopper, a couple of Locomotion Hoppers, and a couple of Borders Railway Reopening commemorative wagons. Not overly concerned about the lack of prototypical accuracyt when running them...
Maybe as we had a hopper before a tank wagon of some kind? Slap NGF on instead of Esso  :D

Or a conflat and container, that way all the NGF can be on the container and you can run the wagon without it  :doh:

Foxhound

I'm up for this.

'Tank' wagon would be a win, obviously, but Luke's conflat and container idea certainly has some mileage to maybe get the 'not for me' camp to change their minds?
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

RailGooner

Trainfish

Or even just a container? You could even have N G Forum on 1 side and something else on the other so it can be turned around depending on what else you're running. Just a thought.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RailGooner

I run modern image. None of these olde worlde suggestions work for me.

Bealman

Another shot of my souvenir train. I just love it!

The first and last wagons are obvious, the container wagon is from the brilliant Kyoto Railway Museum, the tanker from the equally excellent Minatur Wunderland in Hamburg.

Every time I run this train, I get fond memories of my trips.

The NGF hopper is a favourite of mine, because it can be slipped quite easily into a train of such wagons.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

:heart: That's brilliant, thanks George.

Update:  I emailed Dapol before Christmas, but I haven't heard back.  There was a general update from them that they've closed for the time being, so we'll just have to be patient.  :thumbsup:

Trainfish

Quote from: Tank on January 16, 2021, 12:49:16 PM
we'll just have to be patient.  :thumbsup:

Hopefully they will be back soon or you'll be asking them about an 11 year anniversary wagon rather than 10  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

GrahamB

Given the delays on the 73's perhaps we should be looking at a 20th anniversary wagon. :o
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Tank

Hello all,

Sorry for the lack of updates on this.  As some will know this has been a terrible year for me, and my head is only beginning to be back in the 'right place' to get things organised recently.  :)

So, I had been in contact with The Wagon Yard, but hadn't had a response for some time.  I emailed today and had a very speedy response back, so we can resume getting these wagons made.  Hurrah!  They are having problems with their Facebook account, hence why they haven't replied to my messages.

Hopefully many of you are still keen to buy one, or more!   :hmmm: :D

LASteve

dannyboy

Quote from: Tank on September 02, 2021, 02:57:29 PM

Hopefully many of you are still keen to buy one, or more!

Well, after all this time, we will have to give the matter serious and prolonged thought. Okay, I've thought ..... yes, yes and yes!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations