Permission denied 403

Started by Newportnobby, January 29, 2023, 01:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Train Waiting on January 29, 2023, 10:18:44 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on January 29, 2023, 10:12:28 PM
This is what I was getting..............

I've been getting that message as well.  Started a couple of days ago.

Best wishes

John

Did it just clear itself, John, or did you manage to sort it out? And was it just the NGF, please?

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 29, 2023, 06:12:48 PM
Well - the thot plickens.
I've just fired up the old laptop and got straight onto the forum via the Opera speed dial. I've not cleared cookies or anything since trying this morning. I'm hopeless with this stuff but maybe successfully logging on using my phone has somehow cleared something? :dunce:
Thanks to all who have responded. Yes - even Trainfish :P

I'm just pleased I was able to help  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Train Waiting

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 29, 2023, 10:23:29 PM
Quote from: Train Waiting on January 29, 2023, 10:18:44 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on January 29, 2023, 10:12:28 PM
This is what I was getting..............

I've been getting that message as well.  Started a couple of days ago.

Best wishes

John

Did it just clear itself, John, or did you manage to sort it out? And was it just the NGF, please?

Only for the NGF, Mick.  On two separate computers.

When I type 'N Gauge Forum' in 'Bing' the top result is N Gauge Forum and below it there are other results, including Forum (not underlined).

Clicking on the top result gives the 403 error.  Clicking on any other result takes me straight to the appropriate page on our Fabulous Forum.

At first, I assumed the NGF was simply trying to get rid of me - much deserved and long overdue - then I wondered if it was anything to do with the new fibre cable and router which BT had just installed.

All very perplexing, but to my analogue mind, computers are perplexing anyway.  But useful at times.

All the best.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Sandling

Greetings, the same problem started to happen (on a 2014 Apple Mac) with a new BT fibre was installed last year.

Now back to normal, maybe it's self updated BT WiFi modem router programme?

Train Waiting

Quote from: Sandling on January 30, 2023, 09:48:29 AM
Greetings, the same problem started to happen (on a 2014 Apple Mac) with a new BT fibre was installed last year.

Now back to normal, maybe it's self updated BT WiFi modem router programme?

Hello.

Welcome aboard!

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations