The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Found myself with a spare hour between 17.00 and 18.00 so thought I'd maybe watch the 1st half of England v Germany. I was greeted with the sight and sound of England 'supporters' booing the German national anthem and immediately turned the TV off. What a bunch of yobs. I would bet Gareth Southgate was also cringing. I won't  :censored: bother again

Malc

Unfortunately football has, in recent times, attracted right wing groups. It's less of a sport to them, more like a combat zone.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

There's been naff all but piggin' football on BBC Breakfast this morning yet booing the opposition's national anthem gets no mention. Looks to me like the nation is condoning what was done.
Sorry, but I think decent manners/sportsmanship has gone for good as far as this particular sport goes :thumbsdown:

Yet_Another

Makes a change from covid, then. I didn't see the football, but to be fair, I wouldn't want a moment of national shame to be re-broadcast, either.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 30, 2021, 12:00:56 PM
........ booing the opposition's national anthem gets no mention. Looks to me like the nation is condoning what was done.

They talked about it on radio 2 earlier.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on June 30, 2021, 01:00:06 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on June 30, 2021, 12:00:56 PM
........ booing the opposition's national anthem gets no mention. Looks to me like the nation is condoning what was done.

They talked about it on radio 2 earlier.

Radio? ??? Whassat? :confused2:

Trainfish

Sorry, "wireless" to you  ::)

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

emjaybee

Quote from: Trainfish on June 30, 2021, 02:00:32 PM
Sorry, "wireless" to you  ::)

Still a bit modern for the old fella, how about something from his era...

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

sorry, let me explain ....

TV without the pictures ?

Newportnobby

@Trainfish Somehow I suspect your 'wireless' still has a mains wire :hmmm:
@emjaybee That's more like it, but I reckon that would not pick up "Radio Caroline" from under the bedclothes. :no:

guest311

or Radio Luxembourg .....

we are delving back in time.

what was the radio station on one of the WWII sea forts ?

update, just found this .....
didn't know it was still going.
https://www.radiocaroline.co.uk/#support_group.html

found the answer to my question ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_City_(pirate_radio_station)

Screaming Lord Sutch, would be at home in the lords these days  >:D

dannyboy

England Failure

Just watched the penalty shoot out - two ridiculous penalties cost us the result!!!  :veryangry:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

crewearpley40

Its only a game some say. Team did ok back to railway modelling and the real world for me !

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: dannyboy on July 11, 2021, 10:56:58 PM
England Failure

Just watched the penalty shoot out - two ridiculous penalties cost us the result!!!  :veryangry:

Maybe the punishment for the ridiculous bad referee-performance and the even worse laser pointer attack during the Denmark game?
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations