The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

I know a lad who swears that much, he has mastered the art of the intersyllabic profanity. As in eco-profanity-nomics.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daffy

I blame edookayshun, parenting and peer pressure.
And TV.
And everything else. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Some low life scum have got hold of my credit card details and been spending at places I can't afford such as Harrods and Selfridges. First I had to get mangled up in the automated system to check if the text messages I received this morning at 04.30 were in fact from my bank and then got further mangled in the Fraud Team section automated bit :veryangry:
Upshot is no money lost but I've had to dice up my credit card and will have to wait a week for another one. Not so much angry at the bank as the whole inconvenience/rigmarole I now have to go through with paypal etc purely due to someone who needs to get a life of their own :censored:

daffy

Sympathies Mick.
I had the same happen to me about two years ago - some morons bought furniture and flight tickets. All sorted okay but being without a Credit Card for a week in this day and age is a real pain. Hopefully it'll reach you sooner, though mine took 5 days I think.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Is that fair dinkum, Mick? Eeek!

Happened to me a couple of years ago, but they were only trying it on at K-Mart.

At least your thief was a bit up market  ;)  :beers:

Glad no account was compromised.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: newportnobby on March 01, 2017, 10:32:39 AM
Some low life scum have got hold of my credit card details and been spending at places I can't afford such as Harrods and Selfridges. First I had to get mangled up in the automated system to check if the text messages I received this morning at 04.30 were in fact from my bank and then got further mangled in the Fraud Team section automated bit :veryangry:
Upshot is no money lost but I've had to dice up my credit card and will have to wait a week for another one. Not so much angry at the bank as the whole inconvenience/rigmarole I now have to go through with paypal etc purely due to someone who needs to get a life of their own :censored:

Much sympathy mate, had similar myself.

I know you don't want to hear this right now (I was fuming also) and by all means call me a patronising so and so but;

It could have been worse.

I genuinely believe in times like this it helps to contemplate how badly things could have got and therefore in comparison how lucky you are.

Anyway; you are on the right thread!

Vent away good sir...

Skyline2uk

austinbob

Has happened to me also - seems to be a pretty common occurrence these days. Even if you don't lose any money its a load of hassle getting it all sorted out.
>:( :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daveg

Sorry 'bout that Mick - wasn't me!

Makes you wonder where/how those ratbags got your info. Been somewhere new or used it contactless for the first time?

You mentioned the second worse thing after actual loss; the automated systems that either confuse or freak you out (my case both!)

Glad you haven't lost any cash but it's a real pain.

Dave G

dannyboy

Sorry about that Mick. It makes you wonder how it happens. About 18 months ago, I used my debit card at a Lidl store, (other discount German stores are available  ;)). Within 2 hours, I had a text from my Bank asking me to ring them. I duly did and was asked if I had used the card at said store, "Yes". I was then asked if it had been used at 2 other places, (on line), "No".  Apparently the third time the 'person', (being polite there  :)), responsible tried to use it, it went over my overdraft limit, so it was flagged, but even then, nearly €500 had gone.  :o. I have to give the Bank their due though, they immediately cancelled my card, which gave me the headaches you have had and I had a replacement sent out the following day. The missing money was refunded to my account within a week.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Sorry to hear this Mick and I hope you get it sorted soon. I was surprised my bank didn't call me last Friday after I paid the bar bill for my mum's wake as believe me, it wasn't small!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Steamie+

That is so rubbish to hear Mick, the lowlife is probably a bone idle so and so who just sits behind a laptop or pc putting in numbers all day and getting rich at others hard earned money.

I had my bank account hacked about 4 years ago and £800 took out, i did get my money back but the aggro that goes with it is unreal.

No way should any bank or credit card be able to be hacked nowadays with all the technology that is available today.

Gets me mad to hear stories like yours Mate.

Jimbo

Every sympathy Mick....happened to me about a year ago, the fraudsters seemed to take a liking to a sports shop! The bank was excellent in sorting it out though I must admit, they contacted me and alerted me to it, stopped the card and sorted the whole mess out so I wasn't out of pocket and the process was bother free........makes you feel a bit insecure though.........anyhow, this IS the angry thread so.........why won't my bangers sit in the frying pan how I want them to!!!!??!!  :veryangry: STAY UPRIGHT!!!  :censored:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

joe cassidy

Is the problem due to round sausages or curved sausages ?

RailGooner

Quote from: escafeld on February 28, 2017, 12:33:02 PM
Its the males at the gym that I go to that think every other word should begin with F or S and that's males of all ages not just youngsters. In fact it is probably the middle age men that are the worst offenders.

That'll be all the Steroids. :D

Jimbo

Quote from: joe cassidy on March 02, 2017, 11:23:16 AM
Is the problem due to round sausages or curved sausages ?

They're round......and curved! I'll have to get myself one o' them pans with the ridges in so it holds 'em in position! LOL!
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations