Farish new announcements 2016/17

Started by bluedepot, February 29, 2016, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scruff

There is going to be more announcements later in the year according to chinese whispers.. :)

Cheers
Mark

acko22

While I see peoples points about another EMU rather than the 319.

I may be bias as well I am from Manchester originally and model the Northwest modern era, but when you think about it the 319 is a shrewd move. Can be ran on 3rd Rail layouts and OHL layout, covers a good area and well 26 years.

Then you can put it against a good number of models it compliments for the West Coast you have the 350, Pendolino and the forth coming 320/321 sets. Then for the southern link you have the Kato Eurostar which well the 319s beat through the tunnel with one of the first passenger runs though the tunnel!

Bachmann could be taking the gamble on EMUs with the interest in the Revolution models which is surprising but very welcome
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Hailstone

I can't say I am over impressed with the Castle liveries, I hope the BR versions will use the same colours for green and lining as already exist - the orange lining looks far too garish, and the greens look a little too blue, especially for the GW version and the brass has not been picked out on the cab side window. when compared to the 64xx which looks great in both GW and BR greens, I can only hope that this is their first try - must do better as the school report used to say.

Regards,

Alex 

railsquid

Quote from: acko22 on March 03, 2016, 12:14:56 AM
While I see peoples points about another EMU rather than the 319.

I may be bias as well I am from Manchester originally and model the Northwest modern era, but when you think about it the 319 is a shrewd move. Can be ran on 3rd Rail layouts and OHL layout, covers a good area

All the way to France, even ;)

NeMo

It's also slightly strange the NSE liveried 08 is 'Ivor' as that particular loco has already been done in RTC livery. Was it the only 08 in NSE? I didn't think so, but perhaps I'm wrong.

On the up side, perhaps Bachmann will start producing some more RTC vehicles that previously were Modelzone specials. Invicta already have a new one from them, but the previous Modelzone ones go for silly money on eBay. Of course you can always use Electra vinyls to run your own RTC vehicles for just a few quid!

Cheers, NeMo

Quote from: BramptonBranch on March 02, 2016, 09:27:41 PM
Will the RTC livery class 24 be just a continuation of the Modelzone ltd edition or something "new"?
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

leachsprite4

My view is that the castle liveries are computer drawn on to the image. Look how far out the lining is in places. I don't think we need to worry too much.
Graham

Skyline2uk

QuoteIt's also slightly strange the NSE liveried 08 is 'Ivor' as that particular loco has already been done in RTC livery. Was it the only 08 in NSE? I didn't think so, but perhaps I'm wrong.

I have been interested in this subject recently and our very own @Tank has been good enough to educate me.

Will let him add more details if he wishes, but no, there were 2 08s and an 09 in NSE. Ivor in "older" NSE, 08641 in the "newer" NSE and the 09 in plain NSE blue.

Interesting to compare the Bachman sample picture of NSE Ivor with the Mercig studios one. Cranks on the Bachman one are picked out in yellow, plus some other differences.

Skyline2uk

GrahamB

Quote from: acko22 on March 03, 2016, 12:14:56 AM
.............. Then for the southern link you have the Kato Eurostar which well the 319s beat through the tunnel with one of the first passenger runs though the tunnel!...............................
Actually it only ran into the tunnel for evacuation tests and came back out again the same way. It looked very odd with it's pantograph extended as far as it would go.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Tank

Quote from: NeMo on March 03, 2016, 06:48:09 AM
It's also slightly strange the NSE liveried 08 is 'Ivor' as that particular loco has already been done in RTC livery. Was it the only 08 in NSE? I didn't think so, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Here is a list that I've compiled.  I've never seen a list elsewhere on the net or in books:-
97 800 - Original Livery 'Ivor'
09 025 - BR Blue with NSE Flashes 'Victory'
08 631 - Revised Livery 'Eagle'
08 641 - Revised Livery 'Dartmoor'
08 956 - BR Blue with NSE Flashes 'Woofy'

Tank

Quote from: Skyline2uk on March 03, 2016, 07:45:25 AM
Interesting to compare the Bachman sample picture of NSE Ivor with the Mercig studios one. Cranks on the Bachman one are picked out in yellow, plus some other differences.

Skyline2uk

That's my baby!  The biggest error seems to be a grey roof, rather than black. :no:  I'll change that in the future.  And the cranks were yellow on the prototype, so I'll touch those in at some point as well.  A great job on the repaint otherwise.

Karhedron

Quote from: Hailstone on March 03, 2016, 01:17:52 AM
I can't say I am over impressed with the Castle liveries, I hope the BR versions will use the same colours for green and lining as already exist - the orange lining looks far too garish, and the greens look a little too blue, especially for the GW version and the brass has not been picked out on the cab side window. when compared to the 64xx which looks great in both GW and BR greens, I can only hope that this is their first try - must do better as the school report used to say.

I haven't seen any pictures of decorated samples of the Castles yet. Do you have a link please?

:photospleasesign:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Newportnobby

Quote from: Karhedron on March 03, 2016, 10:48:54 AM
Quote from: Hailstone on March 03, 2016, 01:17:52 AM

I haven't seen any pictures of decorated samples of the Castles yet. Do you have a link please?

:photospleasesign:

I can only think the references were made about the pics on the Farish website.............
http://www.bachmann.co.uk/prod1.php?prod_selected=farish&prod=2

Newportnobby

If you check out what is supposedly due in the next 60 days there's some expense on the horizon for some of us (I have the Royal scot on pre order)

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/new_arrivals.php?prod_selected=1

talisman56

The 4MT standard tank and the Bullied 3-set, at least, for me... Just going to chase after my wallet, it's running for the hills!
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

JBQFC

Quote from: NeMo on March 03, 2016, 06:48:09 AM

On the up side, perhaps Bachmann will start producing some more RTC vehicles that previously were Modelzone specials. Invicta already have a new one from them, but the previous Modelzone ones go for silly money on eBay. Of course you can always use Electra vinyls to run your own RTC vehicles for just a few quid!

Cheers, NeMo

Quote from: BramptonBranch on March 02, 2016, 09:27:41 PM
Will the RTC livery class 24 be just a continuation of the Modelzone ltd edition or something "new"?

374-043   BR Mk1 BG Full Brake 'Laboratory 23' RTC Livery Weathered
374-195   BR Mk1 BSK Brake Second Corridor 'Laboratory 12' RTC Weathered
both are the same as the modelzone ltd editions apart from been weathered

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations