My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

We've often got deer in our garden mostly muntjac but we've had all varieties of deer in the UK out there some time.
This lot passed within 50 ft of our garden before going on to the site of the video.
https://youtu.be/Q1bvQTQIn2k?si=Mtw3M36XPNdVC4an

I'm also a guide at the radar museum, https://www.radarmuseum.co.uk/,
Where in the old radar site there are.

Trainfish

I do like a bit of venison  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

I'd love to shoot them for ya. Bloody nuisance.  >:(

Anyway, Melbourne Cup today. The iconic Aussie race meeting. I did me dough but Mrs B got back $12.40 for an $18 bet.

C'est la vie.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

I do like a venison sausage, I can introduce someone to you who would shoot them for you George.
As for the cup, opposite in this house, I luckily got the winner, Mrs G managed to pick the last 4 running. So the bookies won from this house yet again.

Platy767

Not a bus stop, but a paint stop, or at least my airbrush rest.

Had an inquisitive observer drop by on the weekend.

Mark

Bealman

Not the bus stop.

Train stop. Hallet Cove, a southern Adelaide suburb. Taken while waiting for a train to the city.

Bealman

The Cheesegrater.

Mrs B taking a pic of one of the newest buildings in Adelaide, "the cheesegrater." Bealette has an office on the eighth floor.

crewearpley40

Interesting building

Wonder what the views are like from on top or from amn office

Bealman

See post #1883 of this thread

crewearpley40

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction George

Just catching up with this. At least it's a stunning view and you can see the adelaide oval

Bealman

Here's the view from the inside from the eighth floor, looking down the spiral staircase, with Adelaide railway station through the winndows:

crewearpley40

That's another great photo george

Graham

Bealman

But it's two floors underground where Bealette is really based, in rooms with three foot thick concrete walls!

This is where they are installing Australia's only proton accelerator. This is where the synchrotron will accelerate hydrogen protons in a circle until they reach the calculated energy level required for the treatment of a patient:

Once that happens, the protons are released and hurtle down a pipe in this corridor:

Where they a turned 90 degrees by huge magnets and directed through a hole in wall into....

...this incredible three stories deep chamber in which the patient will be in the centre and rotated in 3 dimensions so that the tumour is exactly in the path of the proton beam. The beam comes out of the hole on the right hand side.

Of course, none of this will be visible to the patient. When completed, the patient will be surrounded by comforting furnishings, etc.

Heavy stuff!

Bealman

By the way, that rectangular gap in the concrete wall is there to install the equipment. Once everything is in place, it will be completely sealed!

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations