O and K JHA hoppers from Dapol

Started by bluedepot, September 12, 2021, 01:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Good news unless you have a rake of 20. It means I have to buy 3 packs and use just 1 from the 3rd pack  :*(

I suppose the others/spares could be used in the future on something else.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Trainfish on January 27, 2023, 08:38:30 PM
Good news unless you have a rake of 20. It means I have to buy 3 packs and use just 1 from the 3rd pack  :*(

I suppose the others/spares could be used in the future on something else.

Is that because you have 2 outers plus 18 inners? As such the included pair of couplings for the outers are surplus in two packs John?

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

Indeed they are surplus. I will be able to use them elsewhere though as they look like standard magnetic couplers. I was going to send an email to WWW (it's already written and in my outbox) to see if they would swap them out but I may just order 3 packs anyway. As I say, I should be able to use the spares somewhere else as basically they look like ultra short magnetic couplers.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Graham

another alternative would be to have the rake as 2 sets of 10, which would solve the issue of buying a 3rd pack.

Just a thought!

Trainfish

With a big gap in the middle with no buffers?  :goggleeyes: I'll order 3  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

steadfast

NGS members may be interested my article about the real things and how they're operated is in the current journal, 1/23.

Jo

Graham

Will have a look once the journal finds its way down under.

geoffc

Quote from: Trainfish on January 28, 2023, 12:51:40 PM
With a big gap in the middle with no buffers?  :goggleeyes: I'll order 3  :thumbsup:

Many thanks to @ Trainfish for letting me have 3 pairs of his surplus inner couplings free of charge  :thumbsup:

Geoff

Brian-1c

There is a lot of very good and useful here. However, I cannot see anywhere how to remove the bogies.

I am sure holding a wagon in one hand, whilst gently shaking it, will not cause the bogie to drop into my other hand.

Does the bogie simply pull out of the chassis, or does it need to be prised away with a tool ? Or is there some dismantling first, that I should know about ?

Any help with this will be appreciated.
Brian

geoffc

The bogies just pull out, do not insert anything between them and the chassis to lever them out, you may damage the spring for the coupling.
Don't ask how I know that! What are you trying to do as I have stripped several to replace the coupling arms and may be able to help you?

Geoff

Brian-1c

Thank you.

I just want put the washers in between the chassis and the bogies, as has been described here earlier.
Brian

Trainfish

They are probably the easiest bogies I have ever pulled out. No tools required and they come out very very easily.
John

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Trainfish on June 29, 2023, 09:16:37 PM
They are probably the easiest bogies I have ever pulled out. No tools required and they come out very very easily.

What he said, plus be careful where you hold the body as those tiny yellow anchor points love to come off.

Don't want to be glueing anymore of those on...

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations