The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Trousers? Not sure I have any of those  :cold:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

joe cassidy

Trainfish

Quote from: joe cassidy on December 24, 2022, 02:13:51 PM
Tights ?

Is my webcam still running?  :goggleeyes: :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Herons. I'm angry with  :censored: herons. Well, maybe just 1  :censored: heron but I'm still angry with it.

Here it is sussing out my pond on Thursday

Then it steals 1 of my goldfish!

Then it came back on Friday to look for more fish!

If it punctures my new pond liner then I'll be looking for a shotgun  :veryangry:

Then this morning I walked up the garden, heard a lot of wing flapping and it flew off before I could shout at it. I don't think we have any fish left now. And no, before anyone suggests putting a net over it, that's not happening as it detracts from the look of the pond. If and when we put more fish in there I may reconsider though. Trust me, as seen in the videos, the plastic decoy heron doesn't work  :*(  I will look at standing it in the pond though in the summer.
John

<*))))><

dannyboy

@Trainfish Herons are not my favourite birds either John! Up to about two years ago, I had approximately 30 fish in the pond, including half a dozen Koi, two pf which were virtually 12 inches in length. Then along comes the heron. I of course, told it to go away, which it did, only to return the following day. I am not sure if it brought its mates and they had a party, but about 20 fish disappeared. The following day, I was in the garden looking for some netting or something I could protect the pond with, when I heard the wings flapping away. I ran over to the pond and the heron was just taking flight with one of the large Koi in its beak. It dropped the Koi, but it was bleeding and did not survive. That fish was almost pure white and looked to be a beautiful specimen.  After that, I had the one 12 inch Koi, which is mainly black, and four goldfish - but now I have six goldfish, so I think a couple must having been having their own party last year! The heron had never been back.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

The  :censored: just came back! Why? There's no  :censored: ing fish left! The thieving  :censored:  :veryangry:

John

<*))))><

Trainfish

@dannyboy That's why we only ever have £1.75 goldfish in there. I don't really want a net so I'll stick with cheap fish for now. A couple of years or so ago we had around 40 goldfish and they all vanished in a couple of days  :veryangry:
John

<*))))><

Browning 9mm

Quote from: Trainfish on December 24, 2022, 04:33:30 PM
@dannyboy That's why we only ever have £1.75 goldfish in there. I don't really want a net so I'll stick with cheap fish for now. A couple of years or so ago we had around 40 goldfish and they all vanished in a couple of days  :veryangry:

have you considered restocking with Piranhas  :hmmm:

Trainfish

Now that's an idea. Unfortunately the cats have been known to drink out of the pond (a couple have even fallen in) so we may end up with tongueless cats  :hmmm:
John

<*))))><

joe cassidy

Heron = turkey with long legs ?

Dorsetmike

I've been having problems with some eejit knocking on my door in the night, not every night sometimes twice a week other times they miss a couple of weeks. So I've invested in one of the video doorbells and anAlexa hoping to get a sight of the perpetrator.
It turns out that these things also require an android or fire stick to work, I found an android emulator to run on my PC but Google will not allow a download of their app except to an actual registered Android device, so I've now ordered the cheapest Fire stick and hope that will do the job.
You would think that the set up should also work with a PC, not being "held to ransom" to purchase another device costing anything from £299 to over a thousand for just one app, at least the cgeapest Fire stick is only £29.99
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Ask an electrician to wire your doorbell up to the mains such that when you go to bed you just switch it on and then off when you get up >:D

Dorsetmike

I know enough about electrics & electronics to do that myself, however as I lie in to about 10.30/11.00 most mornings (often still awake until 3AM) it might affect the postie or other legit callers.
If I could get out of bed and to the door in less time than it takes eejit to cross the corridor and vanish up the emergency stairs opposite my door I would have had this sorted ages ago. I don't even know if it is an eejit or eejitess, we have both in residence
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Dorsetmike on December 29, 2022, 04:58:46 PM
I know enough about electrics & electronics to do that myself, however as I lie in to about 10.30/11.00 most mornings (often still awake until 3AM) it might affect the postie or other legit callers.
If I could get out of bed and to the door in less time than it takes eejit to cross the corridor and vanish up the emergency stairs opposite my door I would have had this sorted ages ago. I don't even know if it is an eejit or eejitess, we have both in residence

You can get very cheap digital still cameras from China.  Get one and wire it to the door bell.

Dorsetmike

Having just bought a video doorbell and Alexa after finding that the mini cameras that save images to a micro SD card can not be used in this building - infringes some part of the data protection act by storing images of public spaces such as the corridors here or some such twaddle.
I now find that the video doorbells need Android or Fire devices to work with Alexa. I now also find that there is a video doorbell that works with a PC however lugging the PC, monitor, keyboard and mouse to the bedroom every night is not a viable option.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations