The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

Quote from: thebrighton on September 24, 2021, 04:12:50 PM
Following this mornings fuel scaremongering on breakfast TV there actually is a shortage now rather than a made up one as all the idiots around here cleaned out all the fuel by mid afternoon following a morning of logjam on the roads.
I trust the BBC etc are happy as tomorrow they will be able to report how the non existent issue is now a reality.
I believe this is the definition of a self fulfilling prophecy!

SHOCK
Horror
I'd never have expected that, especially as some talking head said

"there is no need to panic buy"

which translates to 'get down there and queue now, and take jerry cans with you as well'

still, the fuel companies profits will be up this week  :thumbsup:

guest311

probably heading for another unknown stint on the naughty step,
but am I the only one who is fed up with seeing on the news after a terrible occurence, piles of plods standing around the scene, when if they had been out on patrol in the first place the murder / rape etc might not have happened.

and why is it that these days the police always want us to do their job 'if you saw anything get in touch' .. in the old days, before so many political initiatives,  there would have been plods on the streets, instead of only appearing on tv series.

not I hasten to add, the plod's fault, but the commanders who won't let the guys do their jobs.

I know, back on moderation for political comment !

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on September 24, 2021, 07:01:16 PM
I know, back on moderation for political comment !

No, 'cos I've removed the political one liner :P
And the reason there are hardly any cops on the streets is that it's not 'sexy' enough so they're chasing uninsured/banned from driving kids up and down the motorways at high speed instead.
Cynic? Moi? :angel:

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 24, 2021, 10:07:39 PM
And the reason there are hardly any cops on the streets is that it's not 'sexy' enough ...................

I dunno, there are pages and pages of pictures of sexy policewomen on t'interweb, I have a few bookmarked for a possible future fancy dress outfit  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on September 24, 2021, 10:23:42 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on September 24, 2021, 10:07:39 PM
And the reason there are hardly any cops on the streets is that it's not 'sexy' enough ...................

I dunno, there are pages and pages of pictures of sexy policewomen on t'interweb, I have a few bookmarked for a possible future fancy dress outfit  :goggleeyes:

@Trainfish Would you prefer I move that post to the Happy Thread? :D

Trainfish

It's up to you but I'm sure that once you see me in my outfit it will be moved from the happy thread  :hmmm:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

emjaybee

Last time we had prowlers trying to get into my workshop, store and some other stables at 3a.m. in the morning, the Fuzz said they'd try to get someone along, but they were rather busy.

They got un-busy sharpish when the call handler asked my wife, "What's that noise?"

My wife replied, "That's my husband outside with his shotgun."

They appeared in 10 minutes flat.

Busy my great hairy...
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

daffy

All this talk of the Fuzz reminds me of an old schoolboy joke (the joke's old, not the schoolboy - or is he now? :hmmm:)

Maybe not repeatable here though.

As for the Police - in general they have an awful job, never knowing what they might have to deal with: drunks, idiots with knives and guns, child abusers, rapists, murderers, fools in cars, protestors (supposedly peaceful but so often not), family squabbles and violence, road accidents (often the first to witness the damaged/destroyed body of those involved), and so many other incidents and situations that the rest of us, God willing, never have to cope with.
Nothing is perfect, and with budget constraints, a public that is quick to condemn and slow to support, and a Press that focuses mainly on the negative, it is a wonder any Police Officer feels like turning up for work each day. But they do, and for that I am ever grateful.

And yes, they make mistakes and there are some bad apples in the barrel, but would you do their job?
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

emjaybee

You are not wrong.

But they do know that going into the job.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

dannyboy

I have to agree with @daffy . Having been a Police Officer for 20 years before a car accident forced me into retirement, I have seen just about everything on his list! Without getting into the politics of it, there is not enough money, (as it is for all the emergency services), and the system thinks too much of the offenders 'rights'. My brother used to be a Magistrate and the number of considerations they had to take into account before handing down a sentence was ridiculous. I like the '3 strikes and you're out' way of thinking. Things are not perfect in Ireland, but, unless I could find somewhere similar in the UK to what I have now, I am in no hurry to return home  :no:. But I will shut up now and go play with some track wiring.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Dorsetmike

Searched Google for brass BA sizes of nuts and bolts, naturally Amazon came up as one possibility, so

I go to Amazon 20 pages of nuts and bolts, only 2 entries for BA, only 2BA- 6 BA and one out of them out of stock, I want 6 - 14 BA; loads of M sizes, a few AF and other threads. Back to Google quite a few other stockists, not many having the smaller sizes though, those that do seem to only sell in packs of 50 or more. Ended up with some place in the far east so heaven knows when they will arrive!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

NeilWhite

Try BA Bolts: https://www.ba-bolts.co.uk/

I've bought from them and the service was good. And, yes, it is getting harder to get BA stuff.

Neil

Dorsetmike

Thanks for that Neil, now bookmarked.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

guest311

anyone else noticed that as soon as there was, supposedly, a shortage of fuel, 99% of garages turned their price signs to 888.8 ?

so as the government, who caused this shortage, says there is no shortage of fuel, there is no excuse, other than profiteering, for increasing fuel prices.
the garages are not paying any more, only the idiots who are squeezing the last drop into their tanks and jerry cans because some talking head  said 'there is no reason for panic buying'

now there is, thanks to you,

engage brain before mouth used to be the norm, but not now with these idiots, got to get an interview / cheque for appearing on TV.

anyone else notice the sign shown at a garage on local south news after the 10 o'clock ITV news ....

FULE RUN OUT.

I give up.

exmouthcraig

If the government didnt go running to the media TELLING THEM we couldnt get tanker drivers no one would know this!!!

Today we have a wonderful Defence Secretary stating that the Army were on standby to step in.

Well heres an idea........

Instead of running off to the media FIRST, get Plan B in place, the Army are always 'ready fo step in' so get our wonderful boys in the wagons getting the stuff out there and THEN tell us how you've saved us from Panic Buying and a catastrophic drought of fuel.

Shockingly you look at lot better in the public eye if you resolve the issue before you tell us.

Probably as non political as a political statement could be!

I hope.......

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations