The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on November 29, 2020, 10:57:41 AM

and don't forget the christmas bonus, £10 which hasn't increased since it was introduced in, IIRC, the 1980s.

Christmas Bonus, Alan? Whassat? :confused2:

TrevL

Christmas turkey = poultry.
Christmas bonus = paltry.
I think David @dannyboy might bear me out, but I believe in Ireland, they get an extra week's pension as a Christmas Box.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 29, 2020, 01:00:56 PM

and don't forget the christmas bonus, £10 which hasn't increased since it was introduced in, IIRC, the 1980s.

This one?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Dorsetmike

Quote from: Trainfish on November 29, 2020, 01:18:04 PM

This one?

Yeah IF you get other qualifying benefits
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

dannyboy

@TrevL is correct. The majority of Social Welfare recipients in Ireland get an extra weeks benefit during the first week or so of December.  It was always 100% of a weeks payment, apart from a couple of years back when it was dropped to 85% - that didn't last long - the Government soon put it back up to 100%.  ;). The majority of people on PUP, (Pandemic Unemployment Payment), will also get the bonus this year.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Snowwolflair

When I worked in Hong Kong I did like the extra months salary (so 13 months pay in a year) paid in December. and as your tax was net about 10% of salary it paid this for the year.   I assume it is still the same now.  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dorsetmike on November 29, 2020, 01:34:17 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on November 29, 2020, 01:18:04 PM

This one?

Yeah IF you get other qualifying benefits

That'll be a 'No' then

dannyboy

Ahbut, you have it to look forward to Mick.  Od on a minute - I thought you were of a 'certain age' Mick - if that is correct, you should automatically get it.  :hmmm:
David.

guest311

according to gov.uk,
to be eligable you must be in receipt of certain benefits, including
"State Pension (including Graduated Retirement Benefit)"

so basically every recipient of state pension will get it.

when it first started, in the late 70's / early 80's £10 was worth something, nowadays not much.

at the risk of being deleted again, for being political, I doubt mp's benefits are the same as in the 70's. :veryangry:

Trainfish

I 'look forward' to getting absolutely nothing from the government in 3 weeks time as I had the audacity to claim 6 months of JSA (less than £75 per week) after having my contract terminated in June  :veryangry:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

themadhippy

Quotecertain benefits, including
"State Pension (including Graduated Retirement Benefit)"
As its the angry thread here goes
How the flock  can the state  pension be called a benefit? Its a compulsory savings scheme that you pay into the minute you start work but without the perks,want to tour the world for a few years after slogging yer guts out  since leaving school? fine,but if your out the country for more than 3 months you aint going to get a share of the pot you've paid into for 50 years.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

dannyboy

I am not sure how things work now or how they have changed in the last 22 years. I started working 10 days before my 16th birthday and worked continuously until I was 48 and moved to Ireland. I have only been back to the UK for holidays, but I am entitled to my UK Pension and have been since my 65th birthday. The money is paid into my Irish bank account every 4 weeks.
David.

Trainfish

I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to have paid in for 30 years to get the full pension. My argument on that is can I stop paying in after 30 years then?  :-\
John

<*))))><

themadhippy

35 years for the full pension,or be born before april 6 1951.
Quotebut I am entitled to my UK Pension
yep  you can retire and still get pension if you live out of the uk,however if you decide to take a holidayfor longer than   3 months under the benefit rules you wont get a penny
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

dannyboy

@Trainfish
It was 30 years when I submitted my claim John and, as I had paid in for more than 30 years, I get the OAP, (or whatever it is called now), pension.

P.S. Do not tell anyone, but if you pay in the minimum required, (30 years?) you get the UK pension. If you then decamp to another EU country and work for the minimum number of years necessary in the other EU country, you get the OAP from that country as well.  ;D
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations