The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Graham Walters on July 07, 2016, 08:02:25 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on July 07, 2016, 01:05:58 PM
I'm sure you've told the doc but I'm sorry to hear things aren't back to the way you want them yet, Jon.

In the meantime I severely ricked my back doing a spot of gardening and window washing yesterday, to the extent I can hardly move without pain spasms. It's difficult to sit down as I can hardly get up, and I had to use the help of a crutch this morning to get out of bed. Just hope it eases itself out over the next couple of days :uneasy:

Tramadol   works wonders !

@scotsoft @Lawrence
I'll be able to check that as I have just been prescribed a week on Tramadol

scotsoft

Beware of side effects, Tramadol and me did not get on one bit. I think I suffered from every side effect listed and the doctor had to change me over to another pain killer I can't remember the name of.

I wish you well with it as I believe it is a very effective pill if you get no side effects.

Cheers John.
@newportnobby

Oldman

Tramadol and me did not work how the doctor wanted, 2 pills and I was out for the count for about 18 hours
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on July 11, 2016, 03:07:15 PM
Beware of side effects, Tramadol and me did not get on one bit. I think I suffered from every side effect listed and the doctor had to change me over to another pain killer I can't remember the name of.

I wish you well with it as I believe it is a very effective pill if you get no side effects.

Cheers John.
@newportnobby

I don't believe Tramadol is a painkiller, John. The idea of it is to make me more relaxed so the trapped nerve will ease itself out. Just hope I don't relax too much, especially in bed :worried: :poop:
Painkillers, although welcome if they work, only mask a problem rather than solve it. So far, ibuprofen anti inflammatories and Co-codomol painkillers have only had the effect of making things worse :doh:

Quote from: Oldman on July 11, 2016, 04:49:07 PM
Tramadol and me did not work how the doctor wanted, 2 pills and I was out for the count for about 18 hours

Considering how much sleep I have lost maybe that would be no bad thing :hmmm: :sleep:

Trainfish

Quote from: newportnobby on July 11, 2016, 08:35:51 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on July 11, 2016, 03:07:15 PM

Cheers John.
@newportnobby

I don't believe Tramadol is a painkiller, John. The idea of it is to make me more relaxed so the trapped nerve will ease itself out. Just hope I don't relax too much, especially in bed :worried: :poop:
Painkillers, although welcome if they work, only mask a problem rather than solve it. So far, ibuprofen anti inflammatories and Co-codomol painkillers have only had the effect of making things worse :doh:

Quote from: Oldman on July 11, 2016, 04:49:07 PM

Considering how much sleep I have lost maybe that would be no bad thing :hmmm: :sleep:

Mick, please be VERY careful with Tramadol. It is also very addictive and it took me 9 months to get off it when I was prescribed it for 5 broken ribs, a couple of torn costal cartilages etc.  :'( I started on 8 a day and had to wean myself off them but every step down was an absolute nightmare, just ask the wife! I got down to 4, then 3 for about 2 days, then decided to go cold turkey. I had a horrenderous week or so but I'm glad I did it that way in the end.
Just be careful mate :thumbsup:

EDIT: How DO you spell horrenderous?  :o
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on July 11, 2016, 11:42:04 PM

EDIT: How DO you spell horrenderous?  :o

It's just 'horrendous', John :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warning but I am on just 2 tablets a day and we are reviewing it after 1 week (so why did she prescribe me 50 tablets I wonder ???)
I'm sure if I can go cold turkey on 50 years of smoking I can boot a couple of Tramadols into touch.

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on July 07, 2016, 01:05:58 PM
I'm sure you've told the doc but I'm sorry to hear things aren't back to the way you want them yet, Jon.

In the meantime I severely ricked my back doing a spot of gardening and window washing yesterday, to the extent I can hardly move without pain spasms. It's difficult to sit down as I can hardly get up, and I had to use the help of a crutch this morning to get out of bed. Just hope it eases itself out over the next couple of days :uneasy:
OUCH . hope by now the backs sorted you itself out and your on the mend.
Back pain is about the worst you can suffer with.
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

talisman56

It seems this 'Angry Thread' has turned into a 'Medical Complaint' thread  :)

Today is Tuesday - we get our bins and recycling collected today - one can't go anywhere in town without being stopped by a great big lorry blocking the road.  :veryangry: :veryangry:

When you complain they say 'we have to do our job' - perhaps they could learn to 'do their job' without inconveniencing everyone else who are trying to 'do their own job'...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Snowwolflair

Funny you should mention medical problems.

Most of you will have missed it but last night there was a DNS error on the site, about 2am, when any attempt to access this site was redirected to a stair lift fitting company.

With all the medical stuff here the hackers probably thought we are fertile business, all decrepit and prepared to buy anything that runs on a track.

Snowwolflair

May be they should take a stand at Warley under the slogan  "Your last railway - a stair lift"

Ditape

You don't want any thing to do with the Stanna bunch, we recently got their security contract and they treat the gaurds and patrol officers like a bit of dog :poop: on the bottom of their shoes.

[mod]Please do not post foul language on a family forum, thinly disguised with punctuation or not.[/mod]
Diane Tape

Newportnobby

Hah! I live in a bungalow so  :nerner: to Stannah.
Just as well considering the pain I'm in :ouch:

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on July 12, 2016, 06:09:42 PM
Hah! I live in a bungalow:
:( Aw  :'(  your missing out on one of lifes great pleasures in life then as is anyone who hasn't got a stair lift
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Tank

Quote from: Snowwolflair on July 12, 2016, 04:54:35 PM
Funny you should mention medical problems.

Most of you will have missed it but last night there was a DNS error on the site, about 2am, when any attempt to access this site was redirected to a stair lift fitting company.

With all the medical stuff here the hackers probably thought we are fertile business, all decrepit and prepared to buy anything that runs on a track.

No problems with the website as far as I'm aware.  No unusual activity at all. :-\  Are you sure it's not your browser?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations