The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmInN

Quote from: MikeDunn on August 23, 2015, 04:31:18 PM
As to seed longevity, I'll err on the side of caution.
Very wise,
but I was just quoting your expert ref ;) !

You could practice extreem caution and continue sending SWMBO to the battle front whilst you set up Field HQ near to the man cave ?   :angel:  :smiley-laughing:

MikeDunn

I'd like to see out the end of the day, if you don't mind  :P

Seriously, the marks on her arm are blistering a bit now; they're getting a bit better with the creams she's applying, but aren't nice :( 

Another good reason to get rid of this stuff !  Think we'll need to get another couple of pairs of long gardening gauntlets first though !

MalcolmInN

:laughabovepost:  :thumbsup:

Seriously,, I do agree, I didnt read the whole of that ref nor any other, is it known for this ? It does look rather pretty and I've not seen any on my hill, but remind me, then, not to ask you for any seeds !
You're sure there is no Giant Hogweed nearby, I hear tell that it can cause similar !

MikeDunn

It surprised me too, as there isn't anything listed on allergy; OTOH, she's allergic to strawberries too (but that doesn't stop her eating 'em all up  ::)) ...  I had thought it was more likely to be another weed from that area of the garden (it's a 10' wide strip between the back of a Leylandii hedge & the neighbour's fence, call it 50' long or thereabouts), but she's telling me it was one of these ...

As to the plant ... pretty ?  Well, the flowers are, yes, hence it being collected; that's another issue, as the bees prefer these to 'ordinary' flowering plants (more nectar), which reduces that biodiversity  :confused1: ...  As far as that goes, the established plant sprouts 'branches' around to fill about a 2' circle, so a bunch of these will quickly drown out native plants  :(  And when they rot down over winter, they release chemicals that inhibit other plants too ...  Can't say that I find the structure of the plant particularly nice; picture a drinking straw that continues to widen over the season to in excess of 10cm diameter ... and sprouts off branches.  The pink roots come from the circular base about 1cm up & embed themselves into the soil for about 5cm deep.

Can't say I've seen it around here apart from the far end of my garden, but the seeds came from somewhere ...  :hmmm:  Re Giant Hogweed - no, I know what that looks like, & I've got none of it  ::)

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on August 24, 2015, 12:43:22 PM
I had my blood pressure checked some years ago and it was 220/160. I asked the doctor what he thought and he said"don't bother buying any long playing records"

I've been advised not to buy any unripe bananas :worried:

paulprice

Quote from: newportnobby on August 24, 2015, 03:59:19 PM
I had my blood pressure checked some years ago and it was 220/160. I asked the doctor what he thought and he said"don't bother buying any long playing records"

I've been told by my Doctor not to buy any Tom Jones LP's not because I wont live long enough to listen to them but because they are crap  :claphappy:

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on August 24, 2015, 08:57:51 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on August 24, 2015, 03:59:19 PM

I've been told by my Doctor not to buy any Tom Jones LP's not because I wont live long enough to listen to them but because they are crap  :claphappy:

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

MikeDunn

Quote from: paulprice on August 24, 2015, 08:57:51 PM
Well, it's not unusual ...

(hat, coat, door ...)

Trainfish

Tom Jones used to play for Swindon Town. So there!  :P
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Geoff on August 24, 2015, 11:55:58 AMI do have to go back for more tests through out patients but that is fine
Quote from: MalcolmAL on August 24, 2015, 12:19:21 PM
Yer, me too, out patients tomorrow, again  , ,
Ah, now here we have a wee story I hope your outpatient review goes better than mine , , tomorrow arrived ok and turned out ok in the end, it was the bit in the middle I could have done without  :( , ,

Without going into too many details ( to save you boring story) !,
Q. "Where is a good place to be when getting surprise pains in your chest"
A " In front of your consultant in the outpatient dept " !

MikeDunn

Quote from: MalcolmAL on August 25, 2015, 05:17:58 PM
Oh grief  :doh:

Well, at least you had an expert on tap !  Glad to hear things went OK in the end !

Geoff

Quote from: MalcolmAL on August 25, 2015, 05:17:58 PM
Quote from: Geoff on August 24, 2015, 11:55:58 AMI do have to go back for more tests through out patients but that is fine
Quote from: MalcolmAL on August 24, 2015, 12:19:21 PM
Yer, me too, out patients tomorrow, again  , ,
Ah, now here we have a wee story I hope your outpatient review goes better than mine , , tomorrow arrived ok and turned out ok in the end, it was the bit in the middle I could have done without  :( , ,

Talk about being in the right place, thats what you call NHS on tap.

I hope you are fine now oh boy how health is so precious.
Geoff

steve836

I have COPD , high blood pressure, high cholesterol and a couple of years ago suffered a pulmonary embolism but the tales of woe on this thread makes me realise just how lucky I am!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

MalcolmInN

ah, better now, first food in 10hrs and a glass of wine > less angry thread :)
(red wine is supposed to be healthy now isnt it ;) )

Quote from: Geoff on August 25, 2015, 05:28:22 PMthats what you call NHS on tap.
Yes !
I have had a few 'exciting' rides recently*, but this time I seem to have had the presence of mind to deliver myself 'all in good time' hahaa !
We are very lucky to have the NHS for emergencies, but poor ol' NPN and others have trouble with the less than emergency service, so room for improvement there ?!
*which is all the more disconcerting since my only other time many many decades ago was when my mother was having problems with me !!!
(except for when I was installing a Morris Oxford engine into a Morris Isis by myself when I was ummm somewhat younger ! Angry then not half ! but noones fault but my own  :dunce:)

Quote from: steve836 on August 25, 2015, 06:04:57 PM
high blood pressure, high cholesterol
me realise just how lucky I am!
Try high and low BP at the same time ( well not exactly in the General Theory of Relativity sense ) but I could offer advice on statins and cholesterol but
(a) You probably have had all that stuff
and (b) wouldnt want to upset Mike and Malc  LOL! :laugh:
yep agreed, very lucky we are,
and dont get me wrong with all these angry tales,, I can still fell a tree with axe and saw, did just that t'other day, and I am still very ambulatory,,
quick look over the shoulder cos the gods seem to have a go at me every now and again when I get too cocky  :) :)
So yer gotta larf really.

Now what shall I do about this engine shed, > goes back to Gimp.

ten0G

:hellosign:

I would be posting on here but as the post is a very long one, I thought it best to start a dedicated thread. 

Please follow the link if you, or anyone you know, suffers from being in a state of long-term Atrial Fibrillation, a type of arrhythmia. 

:thankyousign:

Quote from: ten0G on August 29, 2015, 01:40:11 PM

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations